daily reading

Manfeex

sorry if this is in the wrong section
but just a quick question regarding the daily reading!

I'm trying to do one every night, but I just need to clarify what is daily? mean once a day?
and second of all change the question? everytime you do the daily reading?

x

Tanga

There are no rules.

My "daily" reading - is usually a 1 card draw, once every couple of days in the evening - using my Tarot App.:)
And most of the time I lean towards reading up about the card, and seeing if any of it is related to my day.
I never do daily draws in the morning - because then I find myself "hanging on" to my interpretation to "see if it will happen" - and that just makes the day get silly :joke:

Sometimes I pick a card from an unfamiliar deck (Tarot Apps again) and read to find out all the interpretations of that card, that I didn't know about - and contemplate that for a while.

Sometimes I'll decide in the morning that I need a Talisman to "set" or "boost" my day.
Then, I'll look through a deck and deliberately choose the card I wish to be my Talisman.
I may carry that card in my bag in an envelope - and look at it every-so-often, or keep
visualising it with the required Talismanic properties.
A bit like carrying a specific crystal in ones pocket for its particular properties.

And sometimes - I may just leaf through a deck because I feel like it - choose a pretty card...
and decide to meditate on it. Either doing some form of "path working' - where I imagine myself walking inside the scenery of the card and meeting the characters. Or just looking at the picture and contemplating the shapes or colours... etc.

A longer than one card draw - might be me saying to my guides (because over the years I have amassed 5 somehow) - "OK you guys - what do you have to say??" - then for each guide, I'll draw a card. The messages when I do this, are often weird and hilarious so it's quite entertaining. :joke:

Another one that I do - when I'm feeling out-of-sorts, is ask myself the question - "how to I feel now?" - and pick a card that represents this. Then ask myself - "how would I like to feel now?" - and select a card for this.
Contemplate what I've drawn and try and make sense of whatever emotions come up. Sometimes this results in me formulating an affirmation or solution for myself .

The world is your oyster with your daily draw.

Apollonia

sorry if this is in the wrong section
but just a quick question regarding the daily reading!

I'm trying to do one every night, but I just need to clarify what is daily? mean once a day?
and second of all change the question? everytime you do the daily reading?

x
I did a daily reading for myself every evening for years. I always used the same question: "What is my day going to be like tomorrow?" If I had a different question I would do it in addition to my daily reading.

Manfeex

Thank you for you reply, was wondering if I can ask the same question or if I can change the question?
Only asking as I didn't want it to be competitive.
I've done my second daily reading within a week
I've done 3 card spread and that was asking what day did I have or was it a good or bad and then my Celtic cross this week (different situation)
But I've wrote it in my daily reading book

Ill stick with one card thing then and see how I get on

I'll have to try the tarot app is it useful? X

Barleywine

I use tarot apps for reference when I travel, but for actual pulls and reading, I'm a "cards-in-hand" type. When I used to do daily readings, I did them in the morning (although I do see Tanga's point) and simply asked what kind of day I would have. But I never found them very revealing, so I stopped doing them. I do think they're good practice when you're starting out.

nisaba

The word "daily" usually means "once a day", certainly with things like meditation, medicines or exercise. I don't use cards every day, sometimes I use them several times in a day then nothing for a few days.

Unless you have an unusually busy and complicated life, after a while it will not really be worthwhile to pull cards for yourself every day: you will have received all of your messages and will need time to act on them in the real world.

But you can pull cards randomly just for fun, to look at the images. And for other reasons.

Sometimes when I'm out, I'll look at a passing stranger and pull two cards for "what are they doing here". There's no way to confirm it, and I don't really need to know anyway, but it seems to keep me in practice.

Tanga

...I'll have to try the tarot app is it useful? X

To have a deck and reference book to look at, without having it all weighing down my bag when I'm travelling - it's brilliant. I use it mostly for card study. I have several Apps.
And having Tarot Apps was the main reason that I changed to a smartphone. Lol.

It means I can sit on a crowded train and still look through a deck without getting funny looks or being in danger of dropping the cards on everyone. :)
Having a number of historical decks on my phone - means when I go to a Tarot meeting or workshop, I don't have to take all those decks with me - but still have access to checking them out.

My favourite App presently is The Tarot of the Holy Light (mine are all 'The Fools Dog' Apps for an android mobile 'phone) and it's the one I use for my one card draws at the end of the day. I also have Uni Tarot that has the RWS and several other historical decks on it, plus The Liber T and The Ellis deck.

nightowlwoman

I do a daily card reading in the mornings on my professional Facebook page. It's like a general encouragement/energy reading for the day for everyone who reads it. I also write tarotscopes for the week on my blog. I've done the daily readings for myself (often 3 cards for body, mind and spirit) in the morning and then I'll go back and night and check for accuracy. This is more when I'm using a newer to me deck, to help me to get to know it. There is the danger of hanging on to the reading all day to see if it applies.

You can do whatever you like as far as it goes. Experiment with it, see what works and doesn't for you. You don't have to stick to a daily draw if it gets repetitive and you get bored and nothing out of it, there's no rule that says you have to continue. You can try all sorts of ways. The tarot world is your oyster.

ShamanicSoul

I typically pull a daily card in the morning, with the question "what archetype or energy should I focus on today?" or "what is my lesson for the day?"...Then I take notice on how that cards energy plays out in my day, or find ways that I can utilize its lesson. Hope this helps. :)

EmpyreanKnight

I like doing daily draws too especially if I'm deeply studying a particular deck. I prefer to read for the next day on the night before, since it's usually all bustle and hurry when I wake up with so many things lined up (work out/run, breakfast, social media, newspapers, and of course going to work). Nighttime is me-time, it's more peaceful and I find I can focus and meditate when I don't have many things competing for my attention.

But if I think that the coming week would be too busy for me, so I would just do a weekly spread with seven cards denoting the seven days of the week.