Homebody Cancer vs. Homebody Virgo?

Thirteen

Can anyone help me clear my head on the differences (if any) between this aspect in a Cancer as compared to a Virgo? This came about as I was contemplating the Hermit card....

Cancers are homebodies and I know enough Cancers (myself included) who have that introverted quality where being around too many people takes away energy rather than giving it to them. I know that while I don't mind a few invited guests for a few hours, I eventually want my home back. Cancers need their shell, their nest, their place to hide and feel safe.

Yet Virgos are likewise Hermits, hating it when anyone invades their space, let alone touches their things. I know many a Virgo who hates leaving home and, just like Cancer, feels that home is their private sanctuary.

Is there a difference in how these two deal with home and introversion?

dadsnook2000

Similarities and differences

Home and Introversion

HOME for a Cancer tends to be a nest, a place of comfort and retreat, a place where safety and familiar people/possessions abound.
HOME for a Virgo tends to a repository, a library, a workshop, a place where things are kept that are used.
Both tend to have "clutter" or lots of stuff, but Virgos like lots of little things where Cancers like soft things. Virgos may have a hundred pencils and pens at hand where Cancers have pictures and stuffed animals as examples of clutter.

Cancer people enjoy creature comforts such as comfortable furniture, food and warm clothes. Not to say they don't like gardens, flowers and natural places and environments, but the focus is more on what keeps them comfortable and secure. Protectiveness seems to be part of the typical makeup. One would expect "Colonial" style homes, rustic, lots of warm wood, braided rugs, country living themes, small paned windows, cabinets with glass to show of dishes and collectibles, etc.

Virgo people enjoy comfortable clothes, earth-related things (such as warm wood items like Cancers) but their homes are more of a "resource" area in terms of how they see it. Contrary to being "neat freaks" they can just as likely be clutter-collectors BUT the difference is they know just where things are among the clutter and resent it when other interfere with what is where. Virgos are also very sexual while Cancers see sexuality more as part of their comfort and support network.

Cancers can be moody whereas Virgo's are tempermental. Moody relates to feelings, temperment relates to attitude and expectations. So, I would see the difference being related to Cancer-feelings versus Virgo-preferences. Emotions versus logic.

Now, generalizations can only go so far as there are some 1800 basic factors other than sun-signs that can significantly interact in such a way as to out weigh sun signs. Sun in a sign, in terms of meanings, are based on seasonal and cultural developments passed through generations. Planet's in various patterns and aspects, along with the chart houses they are in, bring energy and dispositions to bear upon the Sun's meanings. So, you have to take Sun-sign astrology with several grains of salt. If you have any questions, do ask and I'll see what pops to mind. Dave

Thirteen

dadsnook2000 said:
If you have any questions, do ask and I'll see what pops to mind. Dave
This is very helpful, Dave! Thank you for taking the time for such a detailed and thoughtful answer. One last question:

How do you view the difference (if any) in the tendency toward introversion between a Cancer/Virgo?

mystic mal

Cancer and Virgo

On a humorous note I am a Cancerian and my sister is a Virgo.My daughter says we are the slob and the snob. I love company to have lots of interesting discussions and laughs and lots of nibbles whilst my sister only has guests to show off her beautiful home with the best china and well bred people (With no problems) whilst I always land up with folk who are laden with em but always have a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.

Thirteen

mystic mal said:
On a humorous note I am a Cancerian and my sister is a Virgo.My daughter says we are the slob and the snob. I love company to have lots of interesting discussions and laughs and lots of nibbles whilst my sister only has guests to show off her beautiful home with the best china and well bred people (With no problems) whilst I always land up with folk who are laden with em but always have a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on.
LOL! What a great comparison/contrast.

dadsnook2000

Introversion for Thirteen

Again, we are talking Sun-sign astrology, a practice which is "iffy" at best. You should know that I am an astrologer who does not use signs in much of my practice. Signs are spatial constructions based on the seasons and the Sun's passage thru the seasons. On a scale of one-to-ten, I view "signs" as fractional at best. That said . . .

The Virgo-biased person operates on a physical and mental plane. Sort of a "hands-on mental-oriented" person. A mechanical engineer might be a typical stereotype of the Virgo mind and hands. Because of their thinking and nature of doing things by on their own, they often become quite knowledgeable about what ever interests them. This puts them on a level above others from their point of view. When others move into their areas of interest and show themselves to be lightweights, the Virgo-biased person tends to pull back. This is true in terms of a "carry-over" effect which often gets applied to many. So, introversion is just a form of mental privacy and avoidance of shallow people.

The Cancer-biased person is more influenced by mood swings, by sensitivity, by how events and issues affect their comfort, home-base, family. Yes, they are more inclusive than the Virgo type would tend to be. Protective is a good word that many like to associates with Cancer people. Are they introverted? Perhaps. Perhaps they tend to be a little shy outside of their inner circle and thereby pull back from heavy socialization with those they don't know.

In both cases, introversion may not always be a precise description of these basic types. Virgo types pull back as would eagles who have to associate with chickens. Its a class thing. Cancer types pull back as if they didn't have gloves to wear when scrubbing waste barrels. They only want to get close to those they know and trust.

Again, its hard to find pure Sun-sign types when you consider the whole chart and its many factors. Dave

miss_nikki

I know I am resurrecting an old thread, but I just had to...

Since I am a homebody Cancer married to a homebody Virgo!

We have gone out 3 times in almost 2 years....

That is, out on the town with a babysitter back at home :)

We only go shopping or leave the house like once a week!

For me, it's more that I love my baby and don't want to be parted, and home is so...comfy. Also, I just find it hard to have fun around people who aren't my dear close friends...unless I'm tipsy hehe.

For him, it's kind of that he jsut doesn't like socializing unless he's garuanteed a great time and since he never thinks he will have as much of a garauntee of fun out as he knows he will at home...here we are!

This was too funny.

Oh, and Dave - he is a mechanic who is also very interested in engineering...

ravenest

Cancers don't mind cleaning up the mess, after all, they made that little environment for the comfort of themselves and others to use.

Virgo's? Well, there aint gonna be any mess is there? Because no one is game enough to make one, and if they do the Virgo will get straight on to it ... and no one will be able to relax .... but the room will look good though ;)

miss_nikki

ravenest said:
Cancers don't mind cleaning up the mess, after all, they made that little environment for the comfort of themselves and others to use.

Virgo's? Well, there aint gonna be any mess is there? Because no one is game enough to make one, and if they do the Virgo will get straight on to it ... and no one will be able to relax .... but the room will look good though ;)

Hehehe I am going to show this to my DH and tell him it's in the stars, he better start cleaning up after himself!

I have noticed that there's a tendency for him to want things either messy messy messy or clean clean clean and once he starts straightening something up, he'll be at it for hours until things are catalogued (no exaggeration).

I'll ask him to clean up the DVDs and it ends with him having a complete computer inventory of every DVD we own...but he forgets to put his glass in the sink.

Ah Virgos...gotta love em!

franniee

dadsnook2000 said:
The Virgo-biased person operates on a physical and mental plane. Sort of a "hands-on mental-oriented" person. A mechanical engineer might be a typical stereotype of the Virgo mind and hands. Because of their thinking and nature of doing things by on their own, they often become quite knowledgeable about what ever interests them. This puts them on a level above others from their point of view. When others move into their areas of interest and show themselves to be lightweights, the Virgo-biased person tends to pull back. This is true in terms of a "carry-over" effect which often gets applied to many. So, introversion is just a form of mental privacy and avoidance of shallow people.

The Cancer-biased person is more influenced by mood swings, by sensitivity, by how events and issues affect their comfort, home-base, family. Yes, they are more inclusive than the Virgo type would tend to be. Protective is a good word that many like to associates with Cancer people. Are they introverted? Perhaps. Perhaps they tend to be a little shy outside of their inner circle and thereby pull back from heavy socialization with those they don't know.

In both cases, introversion may not always be a precise description of these basic types. Virgo types pull back as would eagles who have to associate with chickens. Its a class thing. Cancer types pull back as if they didn't have gloves to wear when scrubbing waste barrels. They only want to get close to those they know and trust.

Again, its hard to find pure Sun-sign types when you consider the whole chart and its many factors. Dave

Hi You guys!

Yes this is how I see it! I am a virgo with taurus rising and my midheaven and saturn and jupiter conjoining it in CAP (trine) - so very much an earth girl.

I would never consider myself a homebody - but my home has to be comfortable and my sanctuary my safe place - we moved a year and a half ago and I am still not comfortable....but I am trying desperately to get it there. And NO I don't like anyone touching my stuff! I try and let it go because I know this is irrational but it is a tough one for me. :)

Introversion to me is absolutely a form of mental privacy! I love interaction with people - I thrive on it. I have no use for shallow people or people who don't use their mind or play the victim when they can empower themselves - I am extremely sensitive - my feelings are always being stepped on and I will always befriend the stray cat - always have and always will - I help those that are unfortunate or unable but when you are able and choose to be the victim etc. - I have a very hard time reconciling it. I wouldn't have ever categorized myself as snobbish but I guess the way Dave is describing it sounds about right. When I need to figure something out it's all me - you can give me advice but it's still all me. I thrive on my mental privacy and when I need recharging it's in my head I go.

Cancers that I have known (and we don't know where their other planets are so this is really unfair as a comparison) have been extremely sensitive and I've known them to be shy more times than not.

But I think it is all about the fact that Virgo's manifest it the earth/mercury way and Cancer's the water/moon way. So while they are emotions and more feeling and intuition - the Virgo's exile is earth and mercury based - so the mind is racing and the body is doing.