Interview with the Fey - 10 of Wands

Aulruna

WHO are you looking at?
WHAT are you going to do with the fruit?
WHERE did the fruit tree originally come from?
WHEN will you be satisfied with what you harvested?
WHY do you feel your fruit will be snatched from you any moment?
HOW will you explain this to your tribe?

GoddessArtemis

I'm finally getting more comfortable with my Fey deck (have had it for a little over a month now)...and I see that the study group here has kinda slowed down. I recently pulled the 10 of Wands in a reading and wanted to hear what others have to say about it, but I see it's still an unexplored card. So I'll take a shot at the interview..

WHO are you looking at?
I'm looking at my heavy load and wondering if I can carry the burden. I'm also looking out for anyone sneaking up behind me, maybe wanting to take my fruit.

I'm going to really enjoy it! After all, if I make it with this surprising find all the way home, I'll really appreciate the fruit more.

It's been there a while, ever since I remember.

When it makes it home and as long as it will last. Then I will have to harvest some more.

Look at it! It's a GREAT piece of fruit! Who wouldn't want it? Besides, it's rather difficult for anyone to miss, seeing how gigantic it is.

I'll tell them how I came upon it, and I'm sure they'll be so surprised and overwhelmed by my find, they'll just be quite proud of me!

Skydancer

Who are you looking at? I'm just looking up because this load is SO heavy and I don't know how I'm going to balance it and carry it without dropping it. It is SO cumbersome.

What are you going to do with it? I have no idea. It was just so juicy and big and large and orange ... one item to take back with me. Surely I can handle just one item. Right?

Where did the tree come from? I don't know. It's been here forever. Always here. Always has fruit. And I thought ... I would just take this one that had fallen. It seemed to be still good. No bruises.

When will I be satisfied? Well, I thought I would with just this one, this time. But now - I'm thinking it's too big. I'm thinking ... maybe this wasn't such a good idea. Seemed like it was my big day, ya know? Now I'm thinking ... maybe I should go back to smaller things and make more trips.

I don't think anyone is going to snatch this from me. It's too darn big! Unless ... there are giants in this grove I've never encountered before. Oh dear, I hadn't thought about that.

Explain this to my tribe? Explain that I'm so small and my burden, my present for everyone, is almost too heavy for me? I don't know. I'm just hoping they'll be waiting for me so that I can roll this thing off and straighten up. And then everyone can have some and I can go lie down. Darn this thing is tricky to balance ...

:)

RiccardoLS

> WHO are you looking at?

I was wandering if there was anyone near here. Or if it's just me. No, you, see, actually the big fruit is mine, but nothing is ever yours, is it? So...

> WHAT are you going to do with the fruit?

Hei, it's a fruit! What do you think I should do with a fruit. I will most certainly... [long pause]. Anyway it's mine!

> WHERE did the fruit tree originally come from?

I did it. Well actually not. I planted it. But I'm not sure it's my seed. Not my only. Well. If I didn't do it, I would have done it, is it ok?

> WHEN will you be satisfied with what you harvested?

I am! It's just that things never end. I now have the prizest fruit prize, but it doesn't stop here.

> WHY do you feel your fruit will be snatched from you any moment?

I don't think that. See: the fruit likes me. It's mine.

> HOW will you explain this to your tribe?

Explain? Is this a trick question, is it? What should I explain? What for?
When they see, they will understand at once (not like you!)

geministar

WHO are you looking at?

Im not looking at anyone in particular, just trying not to focus on how heavy this piece of fruit is.

Im going to pile it all up into a nice little collection. This fruit is looking so nice and big and juicy, I'd really like to enjoy eating it.

Its been here for some time, as long as I can remember.

Im just going to keep collecting for now. I'll know when to stop.

I dont feel it will be snatched from me, Im just trying to collect quickly while Im here alone. Im just lucky I found it first.

I wont need to try hard to explain this. They will know instantly it was a good find and I will just say that I came across it on my way home and jumped quickly at the opportunity while it was there. I can share this good find with everyone!

dadsnook2000

Interview questions

I don't see much fear or selfishness in the Fey Tarot compared to some other decks. Particularly in this card. Of the Chalices, 1 -- 10, only the Seven could be seen as threatening by some. The Pentacles have a threat possible only in the Five. Of the Wands, the Two, Seven and Nine have some elements of concern in them. Two, Four, Seven, Eight, Nine and Ten (somewhat) of Swords have concern and/or fear in them. Of course, we can see this possible fear also as preparation or other attributes -- all of which befits the Swords.

Surprising to me is that the Court cards have no real threats or defensive postures at all. Purpose, yes, Fear, no.

All of this might lead me to ask different questions in an interview: Where did you get that amazing fruit? Are you going to share it with anyone? Is there other pieces of fruit that I might obtain? Can I help you carry it? Have you tried this type of fruit before -- is it as delicious as it looks?

All of this leads me to see the Ten of Wands associated with the good life, with achieving abundance, with being able to help others. Just some thoughts. Dave

lunalafey

Where did you get that amazing fruit?
I found it sitting under a tree just like the one behind me. It was just sitting on the ground ready for someone or something to come along and be blessed with it's nourishment.

Are you going to share it with anyone?
I plan to share it with many, for it is more than I can consume on my own. Don't want to waste any of it either.

Is there other pieces of fruit that I might obtain?
The fruits are abundant for all to have, more that we all could use for ourselves.

Can I help you carry it?
I think I will be OK. It is a little awkward, but not to heavy and I seem to be managing alright.

Have you tried this type of fruit before, is it as delicious as it looks?
Indeed I have! This fruit is a tradition. We wait for the big one to fall and then we feast. This is the time of plenty and the time when we begin to prepare for the change of seasons.

Give us more of your questions, I'd love to find answers to them.

caridwen

I see this card as the Fey harvesting the fruit tree that has been so carefully guarded from the Ace. Also notice that the Fey has deliberately chosen the largest, most burdensome fruit or the best of the bunch.