The De-Enabling Thread

Formicida

magpie9 said:
Let's take............2 cups. We see a back view of a woman in an embrace, her head on the shoulder of a person with no head, or maybe a bald head, It could be either, & no other body parts except for 3 arms and hands, all clasping her back.

Actually, I don't think that's a person she's hugging. Maybe I have a dirty mind, but to me it looks like it's just a, er, male body part. I think it's the creepiest card in the deck, even counting the Prince of Cups, the 8 of Swords, and every lovingly detailed disembodied breast in the deck. Although the sheer number of those is creepy too.

magpie9

Formicida said:
Actually, I don't think that's a person she's hugging. Maybe I have a dirty mind, but to me it looks like it's just a, er, male body part. I think it's the creepiest card in the deck, even counting the Prince of Cups, the 8 of Swords, and every lovingly detailed disembodied breast in the deck. Although the sheer number of those is creepy too.
OMG, it could be a Male Body Part! :eek: Icky, it doesn't take a dirty mind to see that in that deck, that deck is a dirty mind!

thorhammer

Awwww! I gotta go look now!

\m/ Kat

sapienza

Can anyone help to de-enable me from the Merryday Tarot. I have some Christmas money burning a hole in my pocket and this has been on my wish list for ages. Something has always stopped me getting it though but I'm not sure what.... any help would be appreciated.

6 Haunted Days

The cardstock is flimsy. This deck seems to revolve arround a system of complex numerology and the artist's personal vision in a profound way, so there is a learning curve to really get into the deck. I think to really get the most from it you'd need to get the book, which isn't cheap. It seems to be a deck you have to devote yourself too for awhile.

That's all I can say, I just got it and love it. I have the book on the way.

sapienza

Thanks for that. I do have quite a lot of other decks and things on my plate just now so maybe I should wait. It would be quite expensive to get both the deck and book shipped to Australia. Do you think there is much chance of not being able to get it in the near future (say the end of this year)?

thorhammer

I don't know about availability in the future, sapienza, but I just ordered a second copy of it with the book and it cost me $60.90. That's a lot of money for one deck/book, and if you don't plan on devoting the time to it that it needs, then it will be wasted money. 6HD is right - it is complex and does require a rather new way of looking at things. Personal vision is definitely a big part of the deck.

\m/ Kat

sapienza

Thanks Kat, I really appreciate your help. I've been given this money and feel like a kid in a candy store. Of course I could just SAVE the money for later in the year! Why does that seem so difficult to do????

Thanks again