Thread: Pluto
View Single Post
Citizen

Starling 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minderwiz
...Indeed they seem to have some difficulty in separating the meaning of sign from planaet and indeed from house, if the prevalence of the Astrological alphabet is anything to go by.
I'm re-learning Astrology, and as with my current attempt at re-learning Tarot, I've chosen to start at the beginning and lock in some basics before I go out there and play with the Intermediate and Advanced techniques that I used to play with.

So one of the things I've done in the last couple of weeks is play with single keywords for Sign, planet and house. Yup, the Astrological alphabet. And believe it or not, even though I knew that there were better keywords I found making those "sentences" really hard (although they got easier as I did them) and useful as a beginner's exercise.

Now I KNOW that signs are not planets and are not houses, but you know, as a beginner's exercise, treating them as if they were was useful. On the other hand, if I'm still doing that stuff when I get past the beginner's exercises, that will be a whole other thing.

Oh, and in re-learning Tarot I'm finding keywords and books useful there too, although I'm already doing other things with the cards and not running to the books every time. My point is that there is a place for all of this beginner stuff, you just need to be aware that it is beginner stuff.
Top   #11