Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Neely75

Ok, I'm in. I have a copy of the Alchemical: Renewed deck here which I really need to work with.

I'll be back later to set myself some guidelines!

vhrsn

Hi to all,

Oh thanks for making this simple for me. I'm so excited, and it sounds very fun!
I'll be sure to post when an IDS thread goes up!
All the best,
Veronica

Promise

You can still sign up in this thread if you want to participate. This is the only thread we're going to have until this one blows up. So if you'd like to participate, jump in!

thorhammer

Hi, vhrsn, JONIKA and neely! It's lovely to have you :)

vhrsn - this is as simple as can be - or as complicated as you want to make it ;) For example, one very dedicated member is going into all the astrological associations of his cards, and another is writing a book about his deck, and a third is into her ninth month with the same deck! It kind of develops as you go along, as long as you give it a chance. In my case, I spent the first two months "getting to know" my deck, in a spiritual sense, then suddenly it opened up to me and now, in the last days if my IDS, with another one planned, I've found I have so much more work to do! So the next one will have to wait, I think :(

JONIKA - I hope you've had a chance to look at the other threads, and be sure that if you would like to join us, you're more than welcome. Tell us all about why you're doing it, and what deck you chose, and how you chose it!

neely - I believe it was sapienza who was working with the original Alchemical deck. She seemed to have an awesome time with it, and I know she felt very connected to the deck. You around, sapienza?

Work continues with the WoC, unabated :). For those of you who'd like to work with the Tarot Tree, would you like me to post the layout, so you can try it out with your own deck?

\m/ Kat

Hooked on TdM

I'm not doing the IDS, well not on here anyways. I only work with my Camoin to begin with.. lol

Anyways wanted to say GOOD LUCK to everyone!

And Thorhammer, could you post the tarot tree for those of us just reading? It sounds interesting.

Hooked

Prism

thorhammer said:
For those of you who'd like to work with the Tarot Tree, would you like me to post the layout, so you can try it out with your own deck?
\m/ Kat

Absolutely, thank you very much.

I bought new notebooks, and I'm tempted to start with the Golden a little early. I was feeling a little down and thought a shiny new deck might perk me up a little. But I know I will miss Prague, and I think I'd like to finish it up in some sort of meaningful way. I need a closing ritual. I have a reading to do in the exchange. Maybe I'll make that my last act with it, and then move on.

thorhammer

afrosaxon said:
I am having to completely read these intuitively, focusing on colors, symbols, and looking up the myths for the women listed (such as Ceridwen, Hecate, Pasowee, etc.). And it's...different. I mean, I read intuitively with the NOVT as well, but sometimes it has a (very roundabout) connection with a RWS meaning if I get stumped. :D
((((((afrosaxon))))))

I admire you for tackling two such challenging decks - especially when they're challenging in totally different ways! And I think at the end of things, the DOM will complement nicely what you've gleaned from the NOVT.

So speaks someone who owns neither of those decks :rolleyes: :D

\m/ Kat

Disa

Hi to all the bright and shiny new faces who are joining in.

Hi Neely xoxox Yayyy.

Kat, please do post it(the tree spread). I have no idea what it is but I'm interested in anything new that I can try when I start to waiver.

As far as trying to get organized:
At this point, I think I'll take one deck and spread ALL the cards out on the table to have a looksee. (I have been desperate to look at the cards since they arrived in the middle of the last IDS) Then I guess I'll journal all my spreads because I really enjoy doing that-it inevitably becomes a journal not only of spreads but what's happening in my life as well. I will attempt to begin posting in the study groups and see how long I last. (I think 5 cards or so is the most I've ever done with one deck before- My intention this time is to go further than I did the last time and hopefully really dig down into what it really means to be a reader.

I'm curious as to what organizing methods others are using.

thorhammer

Yay! My best mate just lent me her laptop while she's away for six weeks, to tide me over until my puter gets out of the incompetent hospital where it's been for two months! So yes, I'll try to post about the Tarot Tree tonight. I'll post directions here, and my journallings in the Wheel of Change Study group, in case anyone wants to see how it "drives". :D

\m/ Kat

Neely75

Yep, sapienza did do her IDS with the Alchemical. I'm really grateful for all the work she's put into the study group (along with the other contributors to it). I'm sure it's going to come in really handy soon, hopefully I'll be able to add a little more to it.

Hey Disa! :D