View Single Post
student of tarot

rwcarter 

It's taken me awhile to get back to this, but I have. While I see that there are similarities between the Seven Stations and the 3x7 Structure of the Major Arcana as laid out in Tarot Mirrors (I don't have the Motherpeace Playbook), I believe the Seven Stations is different enough from what's in Tarot Mirrors to warrant its own study/discussion.

For those who don't have Tarot Mirrors, the paths that are laid out horizontally in the Seven Stations are arranged in circles around the cards that occupy the first station of the Seven Stations (Magician, Priestess and Empress). Those three circles are then arranged around the Fool as kind of a central hub.

The paths of the Seven Stations are Outer/Inner/Hidden or Material/Psychological/Eternal. The corresponding circles in Tarot Mirrors represent the Conscious, Intuitive and Imaginative Minds. I don't see a lot of correlation between the paths and the circles. But I do see both of them as valid methods of gaining a deeper understanding of the cards.

Tarot Mirrors goes on to talk about the Seven Rays, which would correspond to the stations of the Seven Stations. I don't see any correlation between the two systems, but I'll lay them out side by side so that other people can judge for themselves:

Seven Stations..................Seven Rays...........................
Origin...............................Will and Power
Inspiration.........................Love of Wisdom
Power..............................Active Intelligence
Turning Point.....................Harmony Through Conflict
Transformation...................Concrete Knowledge and Science
Epiphany...........................Devotion to the Ideal
Destiny.............................Organization and Ceremonial Magic

As with the circles, I believe the Seven Rays are another valid way of developing a deeper understanding of the cards.

I'm still trying to work through my block in trying to apply the third path to the Ancient Egyptian Tarot.

I'm also going to ping dangerdork this weekend and see if I can entice him back to this thread he started....

Rodney
Top   #155