Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

Hedera

Can I ask a really mundane, rather practial (and perhaps slightly silly) question?

I'm thinking vaguely about doing a sort-of-kind-of IDS for a while with my Fantastic Menagerie (I'm not going to commit to anything firmly for the next few weeks, because I am already firmly committed to doing NaNoWriMo again, and that is demanding enough!).

If I do, I would like to use it both for my daily readings (usually 1-card or 3-card) and for readings on other subjects - and probably for more playful things as well, like exercises from the 'Tarot for Self Disovery' book.

I really like to leave my daily draws out on my little altar/cupboard; it helps me to look at the cards throughout the day, see how they (sometimes literally) mirror my day.
But if I then want to use the same deck for a reading or something else (even just to give it a good shuffle and look at the cards), I would need to incorporate those cards again in the deck.
I can see myself picking the cards of my daily draw out of the deck again, putting them back in, taking them out, etc etc etc, dozens of times a day...

How do you all do that?

crystal09

rwcarter said:
crystal,

Welcome aboard. The IDS is whatever you want it to be, and we're here to help you however you might want us to.

Rodney

Can I send you my Quest deck so you can teach it some manners and then send it back to me? ;)

I did a "new deck" type interview with it yesterday and it pretty much told me it wasn't interested in speaking to me let alone connecting. LOL... stubborn thing!

rwcarter

Hedera said:
I really like to leave my daily draws out on my little altar/cupboard; it helps me to look at the cards throughout the day, see how they (sometimes literally) mirror my day.
But if I then want to use the same deck for a reading or something else (even just to give it a good shuffle and look at the cards), I would need to incorporate those cards again in the deck.
I can see myself picking the cards of my daily draw out of the deck again, putting them back in, taking them out, etc etc etc, dozens of times a day...

How do you all do that?
If I were to do that, I would use two copies of the deck. Choose the cards of the day from your main deck but take them out of the second deck. Then you can still look at the card(s) of the day and still use your primary deck.

Rodney

rwcarter

crystal09 said:
Can I send you my Quest deck so you can teach it some manners and then send it back to me? ;)

I did a "new deck" type interview with it yesterday and it pretty much told me it wasn't interested in speaking to me let alone connecting. LOL... stubborn thing!
Manners, huh? Have you tried threatening it? Reasoning with it? (Don't plead. It's not pretty. :laugh: ) If none of that works, sure I'd be happy to give it a try.

What kind of questions were in your new deck interview? (Just the questions, not the cards pulled unless you want to post your reading in the Your Readings forum and let us know it's there.)

Rodney

crystal09

rwcarter said:
Manners, huh? Have you tried threatening it? Reasoning with it? (Don't plead. It's not pretty. :laugh: ) If none of that works, sure I'd be happy to give it a try.

What kind of questions were in your new deck interview? (Just the questions, not the cards pulled unless you want to post your reading in the Your Readings forum and let us know it's there.)

Rodney

1. What will you give me?

2. What do you want in return?

3. What kind of relationship should we have?

It was suggested that I could use a deck that is kind to me and ask IT about the Quest.

If by threatning it you mean me glaring at it while screaming in my head "YOU'RE GOING IN THE DRAWER AND STAYING THERE! I EVEN PUT YOU IN A PRETTY SILK BAG AND YOU'RE STILL MISERABLE?"

Quantum James

crystal09 said:
"YOU'RE GOING IN THE DRAWER AND STAYING THERE! I EVEN PUT YOU IN A PRETTY SILK BAG AND YOU'RE STILL MISERABLE?"
Oh my I haven't laughed like that for ages! :laugh:

Hedera

rwcarter said:
If I were to do that, I would use two copies of the deck. Choose the cards of the day from your main deck but take them out of the second deck. Then you can still look at the card(s) of the day and still use your primary deck.

Rodney

Thank you Rodney!

Yes, something like that had occurred to me - but for some reason, I really would like to use just the *one* deck.

I might just re-think the way I do my daily cards: I pull them before I go to sleep anyway, so they can be out for the night, and the first half or so of the day.
Then I'll shuffle them back into the deck, so I can use that for other things in the afternoon/evening.

crystal09

Quantum James said:
Oh my I haven't laughed like that for ages! :laugh:

... it's still in the drawer :D

rwcarter

Hedera,

Another option if you have a scanner is to scan all the cards in the deck and either make your daily card your screen saver, your desktop background or just open it in some type of picture viewing software.

Rodney

rwcarter

crystal09 said:

2. What do you want in return?

3. What kind of relationship should we have?
crystal09 said:
... it's still in the drawer :D
crystal, keep it in there til the weekend and then see if it has a better attitude.

As for the rude/indifferent reading it gave you, remember that growth often comes through adversity. Maybe if you really had to work to get in tune with the deck you would gain more from the experience than if you two bonded instantly?

Rodney