Intensive Deck Study Support Thread ~ Part 2

rwcarter

DreamWalker said:
So, it will be good for me... and is there anything else I need to know before I begin?

I think I said before but I'll be starting with the Fool (little red cap) and move through the major arcana - but I'd also like to pull a card or 2 or 3 for the day as well... So my next question would be how long is it recommended I study with each major arcana card - a day, a week?
The great thing about the IDS is that you set the rules for your IDS. If you want to work with each card for a set number of days, then that's what you do. If you want to work with each card until you think you've wrung every bit of info out of it (whether that's 2 hours or 2 weeks), then that's what you do.

Not to toot my own horn, but since this is my second IDS, I have some insights about what did and didn't work in the first IDS that I shared here in Post 10 of this thread. I'm AR, which is why my first list of pledges was so long. Your list can be as long or as short as you like.

If you have other questions, please don't hesitate to ask. This thread's been fairly quiet of late, so hopefully new blood will reinvigorate it. :D

Rodney

2_Journey

Hi everyone! I've read through (or rather, skimmed) this thread with interest, and I think I'll join you all. :)

I just received the Tarot of the Four Elements and Triple Goddess Tarot (two more Isha Lerner decks!) and I think I'm going to use both for an IDS. To me, the Triple Goddess Tarot is more of an oracle, so I will be using that in conjunction with the Tarot of the Four Elements.

I was thinking of waiting until the solstice, or perhaps New Years, but I wanted to start now so I had the option of doing the 12 Days of Yule spread with my deck. I've never worked intensively with a deck with nonillustrated minors before, and the Tarot of the Four Elements seems like a gentle introduction.

I'm not entirely sure how long I'll work with these two decks only. Right now, I'm so excited about theese two decks that I'm not going to set an end date, and I'll just see where they take me.

First things first: I have to take those busy borders off the Tarot of the Four Elements. It will be a way for me to familiarize myself with this deck.

Second things first: I am off to find out of there is a study group for either deck. I don't see them mentioned here too often, so I'm guessing there isn't one, but we'll see.

2_Journey

So I'm 14 cards into trimming the Tarot of the Four Elements, and wow - the images really pop without their busy borders. I'm already noticing things in the cards I never had before.

I think I'll trim one suit a day (finishing with the majors) as a way to better get to know the deck I'll be spending the next couple of months with.

rwcarter

Welcome aboard 2_Journey! I have the Tarot of the Four Elements but haven't done much with it. I look forward to seeing how you get along with it.

All these new people! Gotta love it. Existing IDSers, please come out of the woodwork and welcome the new people....

Rodney

DreamWalker

Hi 2 journey... Interesting that you are working with Isha's decks as well... You are the first person I've seen on here that is working with them...

I just called yesterday to set up my consultation with her... I'll be sure to give feedback when its all said and done... Ah, what I wouldn't give to do a class with her... 3 months $1500 - ouch! Her consultations are very expensive as well, but I've heard well worth it... Mine was gifted to me, graciously, otherwise I wouldn't be able to see her... She lives in my hometown, so I feel a great connection with her..

Be well!
~Spirit

2_Journey

Interesting we're both using decks by the same author. So far I'm having a great time with mine. I know the decks look somewhat different (different artists), but they feel like two sides of the same coin for me. I love them!

I did my first daily reading with the Triple Goddess Tarot, and wow. I was going to post the reading, but it was just too personal. Loved it.

Meanwhile, last night I trimmed the Fire suit of the Tarot of the Four Elements, and I've just finished trimming the Earth suit of the Tarot of the Four Elements. I love the Queen of Earth! She's a tree with pentacles blooming in her branches. The entire deck just feels very alive to me, and trimming off those busy borders is just making it feel even more vibrant. We'll see if I feel the same way once I start reading with it instead of just getting to know it. I've never worked with nonillustrated minors before, so this will be a challenge for me. (A challenge I'm excited for!)

At least at the beginning, I think I'll be using the Triple Goddess for daily one card draws, and the Four Elements for any other tarot-related readings that I do. (First up, the Sacred Days of Yule Spread, I think. I should have it all trimmed by then.)

sweet_intuition

I just wanted to share that I did my first official reading with the Tarot of Dreams (without taking time to study the cards or even read for myself), and I got a great feedback :D! I think I might just make this my regular deck!

rwcarter

sweet_intuition said:
I just wanted to share that I did my first official reading with the Tarot of Dreams (without taking time to study the cards or even read for myself), and I got a great feedback :D! I think I might just make this my regular deck!
Congrats on both the reading and bonding so well so quickly with the ToD!

(And can I tell you how distracting your avatar is? I know he's taken (and doesn't play for my team anyway ;) ), but yum!) })

Rodney

sweet_intuition

rwcarter said:
(And can I tell you how distracting your avatar is? I know he's taken (and doesn't play for my team anyway ;) ), but yum!) })

Rodney

Lol... um.. the avatar is lil ol me :)

Lee

I think Rodney was fooled by Bernadette Peters :p