Ancient Italian Tarot

faunabay

sapienza said:
If you don't get this one, even I will have to admit you are not meant to have it :laugh:
The bad thing with me is sometimes I start digging in my feet and get real stubborn. I'm trying not to with this one. :laugh: But sometimes the more I find it hard to get the more I tell myself I'm going to get the darned thing!!! ROFL

SolSionnach

emmsma said:
Couldn't take it. I ordered the Minchiate Etruria from Alida.

Yay!
You thing, you! lol

It's a lovely deck... and if you don't like it you can sell it for it's weight in gold around here.

Debra! LOL.

You guys are *killing* me. :D

moderndayruth

Le Fanu said:
The Ancient Tarot of Lombardy (another Scarabeo historical deck) is also exquisite.
Yes it is!!! :D
It was an AT's friend present for my birthday! (You know who you are, thank you from the bottom of my heart! :heart:)
I am absolutely speechless as i'm going through the cards! What an absolutely special and exquisite deck! The Majors are mind-blowing and different from everything i've seen so far! I am looking at Minors right now and while i realise it will get me some time to learn to read them - they are absolutely beautiful! For the lack of better woring - WOW! :D :thumbsup:

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
Then on reflection, I realised I had back up copies of all my favourite historical Scarabeo decks. Classical tarot, Ancient Italian, Ancient Tarot of Bologna, Tarot of the Master, Minchiate Fiorentina (and also the Conver Ancient Tarot of Marseilles). Back ups of everything in fact except the Ancient Tarot of Lombardy. Does this mean?.. O god.... just for the sake of completion? Am I doomed to have to buy this too?

Just thinking about the Ancient Tarot of Bologna, of which I don't have a copy at all.....do I need a copy of this one? It doesn't really appeal to me greatly but am I doomed to regret it bitterly if I don't get it now while it's still available? Perhaps when I order my next AIT I can get the Bologna at the same time :D

I was also thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a mini AIT, but also realising that's unlikely to ever happen. So I thought perhaps if I trimmed a Classical then that might be the next best thing. Anyone else done this? I saw some scans in the trimming forum. The back does't look too great but it's pretty awful to begin with so I guess it doesn't matter that much. Of course, if I'm going to trim it then I'll need to get a back-up first :laugh:

nisaba

I have a bologna that never read well for me, but when I called it a timing deck it turned into a Master!

Le Fanu

sapienza said:
Just thinking about the Ancient Tarot of Bologna, of which I don't have a copy at all.....do I need a copy of this one?
Don't worry; Ive been thinking ahead for you. I ordered a back up for myself which Im not sure I will ever use. Im sure one day I'l get rid of it! :)

sapienza said:
I was also thinking about how wonderful it would be to have a mini AIT, but also realising that's unlikely to ever happen. So I thought perhaps if I trimmed a Classical then that might be the next best thing. Anyone else done this? I saw some scans in the trimming forum. The back does't look too great but it's pretty awful to begin with so I guess it doesn't matter that much. Of course, if I'm going to trim it then I'll need to get a back-up first :laugh:
The problem is that the backs will look too off-set. I have thought time and time again about trimming one of my Classicals, (every time I get it out in fact), but those off-set backs would bother me. Funny, but the off-set backs of my trimmed Tarot of the Master don't bother me for some reason...

You know what I love as a"not-quite-mini" but charming carry-about Italian tarot?

The Genovese Tarot.

I have two copies of this and although the images are cut in half, they are very similar to the Ancient Italian Tarot and are very eye-catching to querents. It is a lovely size, just a bit longer (same width) as standard playing cards. I have written a review of this deck for AT but I don't think it's up yet. It is one of those unmentioned, lovely and cheap decks. Dream cardstock, dream backs, dream lamination and only 10 euros or so.

This is my "on the go" Soprafino.

sapienza

I'm HOPELESS! I actually ordered the Bologna earlier this evening, I couldn't help myself. I also managed to get myself the Laura Tuan version of the Dotti on EBay and now you introduce me to the Genovese.....which of course I now MUST HAVE. I think I'm going to have to ban myself from this forum for the rest of the year. I really can't afford to buy any more decks. Mind you, if I got the Genovese then I wouldn't need the second copy of the Classical to trim would I? :D

sapienza

Le Fanu said:
It is a lovely size, just a bit longer (same width) as standard playing cards.
Do you know the actual measurements by any chance?

Le Fanu said:
It is one of those unmentioned, lovely and cheap decks. Dream cardstock, dream backs, dream lamination and only 10 euros or so.
I wish I lived in Europe. I think it would cost me quite a bit to get one sent over here. I checked Alida but by the time I convert to AUS$ and include postage it will be about $36. And I've way overspent already this weekend :) Looks like another one for the wishlist!

sapienza

Just found the measurements on the Fournier web-site as 11 x 6 cm.

emmsma

sapienza said:
I'm HOPELESS! ... and now you introduce me to the Genovese.....which of course I now MUST HAVE. I think I'm going to have to ban myself from this forum for the rest of the year. I really can't afford to buy any more decks.
Exactly my thoughts.

Congrats on the Dotti.

I now have El Tarot, Tarot of the Master, Ancient Tarot of Lombardy, Soprafino mini(too mini), and Ancient Minchiate Etruria is on the way.

Now I will have to look into the Genovese.