One Deck Wonder Resurrected

hopena

I'd forgotten about my Tea Leaf cards. I might amend my choice to using these once per week. I was supposed to use them all year, last year, but life was horrible, and I just lost my mojo. (Of course, that wouldn't be a "one deck wonder". I haven't even used Tarot of the Master, or my Faeries yet.)

Hemera

Also still doing fine with the Vampyres. However, I've had to do alot of readings and ofcourse I used this deck only, and I have to admit it can be quite intense and overwhelming. I say overwhelming because the cards are busy with intense colors, and with alot of Thoth influences. I've mostly only used RWS type decks, so this has taken me out of my comfort zone a bit.
I have moments I long for one of my simple imagery, light colored decks... I think I'm just a little exhausted from reading so much to be honest. Maybe I need to grab one of my oracles to lighten the load a bit.
I´m also doing fine with the Vampyres. But I know exactly what you are talking about Miss Divine! I find it hard to interpret my daily cards on very calm, nice and ordinary days when my daily draw is inevitably a very intense and dramatic card. Since most Vampyres cards are. There are difficulties in using such an intense and passionate deck as the only one..

Carla

I have moments I long for one of my simple imagery, light colored decks... I think I'm just a little exhausted from reading so much to be honest. Maybe I need to grab one of my oracles to lighten the load a bit.

Maybe instead of 'reading' every day, you just draw a card to contemplate. Just examine the imagery, think about it. Daydream with it. Or maybe just look through the deck seeking common elements and contemplate those. I don't 'read' for myself every day with Thoth, that would be exhausting, plus I find daily readings don't work for me. :)

Eyebright

I do what Carla does, then see what elements of the card come through during day to help me glean new understanding of the card and what it means to me. I try to then journal as much of this information as I can.

Anyway I have decided upon my guidelines for my One Deck Wonder

I will:

1. Work exclusively with the Lo Scarabeo Tarot for all my readings, whether for myself or others until at least Ostara, maybe longer depending on how I'm doing.

2. Try to write up a detailed page of meanings on each of the cards and what the imagery and symbolism of this deck mean to me in my journal, a la the 78 weeks study.

3. Try to identify which elements of the cards belong to which of the 3 main card traditions and post the information into the study group when I find the time.

4. I will buy any decks that are on my wishlist if I find them for a price I like, though when they arrive I will only check the quality and completeness of the deck before putting it away.

5. I will look through my other decks if I want to help a fellow forum member out. I will also look at the RWS, Thoth and a Marseilles if I want to use them to identify elements of a card in the Lo Scarabeo deck during the course of the study aspect of working with this deck.

6. I don't usually work with an oracle or Marseille deck, so I'm leaving that aspect of the ODW out of my practice for the time being

Miss Divine

I´m also doing fine with the Vampyres. But I know exactly what you are talking about Miss Divine! I find it hard to interpret my daily cards on very calm, nice and ordinary days when my daily draw is inevitably a very intense and dramatic card. Since most Vampyres cards are. There are difficulties in using such an intense and passionate deck as the only one..

I'm so glad someone understands! Yes it is very difficult, especially having to use it for others too. I love the cards, but they can me too much for using as only deck for everything and everyone.

Miss Divine

Maybe instead of 'reading' every day, you just draw a card to contemplate. Just examine the imagery, think about it. Daydream with it. Or maybe just look through the deck seeking common elements and contemplate those. I don't 'read' for myself every day with Thoth, that would be exhausting, plus I find daily readings don't work for me. :)

No, I don't read for myself everyday either Carla. And daily draws aren't exactly working for the reasons Hemera stated.
Yes, I would think Thoth would exhaust me too. Also a very intense deck, in a totally different way, but still...

Eyebright

Carla I was reading your blog earlier and I saw your Tarot Spread you did for the Storm Moon...I realise I'm a bit late for that but I liked the idea of the spread, so I've just done it (!)...and wow, it was a great reading. The LoS cards spoke so clearly to me, even though I got a couple cards in what at first felt like odd placements.

So thank you! Will try and share it in my daily draw thread if I get time to type it up later :)

Carla

Carla I was reading your blog earlier and I saw your Tarot Spread you did for the Storm Moon...I realise I'm a bit late for that but I liked the idea of the spread, so I've just done it (!)...and wow, it was a great reading. The LoS cards spoke so clearly to me, even though I got a couple cards in what at first felt like odd placements.

So thank you! Will try and share it in my daily draw thread if I get time to type it up later :)

Oh, I'm so glad! You know what, I have busted out into some major spring cleaning today! Yes, we cleaned out the fridge and moved stuff to clean the backsplashes on the kitchen counter, and right now the slipcover of my living room chair is in the washing machine. :)

Eyebright

Oh, I'm so glad! You know what, I have busted out into some major spring cleaning today! Yes, we cleaned out the fridge and moved stuff to clean the backsplashes on the kitchen counter, and right now the slipcover of my living room chair is in the washing machine. :)

I did a lot of the same yesterday, spring is definitely in the air down here is Devon, it's been glorious here today! I'm glad I got my cleaning out of the way yesterday, as today I went down to the coast and got my head spring cleaned by a very strong sea breeze. Trust me there are no cobwebs in my head anymore, phew!

I'm really enjoying working with this deck, so far I haven't felt any urge to stray.

Tarot Orat

Just changed my avatar to the Queen of Axes (=Swords) from the Dark Carnival - I've been using an avatar from my several-years-ago IDS for a long time, and although the new one's not quite as easy on the eyes, I figured it was time to visibly commit to one of the ODW decks!