The De-Enabling Thread

tmgrl2

Rusty, the first part of your de-enabling advice definitely helped me! I do not want to "collect" at this stage of my life.

So, for now, I will resist buying it should any appear on my "save" list for eBay. I didn't remove the name though from my eBay list, though? Does that mean I'm still in danger?

terri

Kahlie

Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Eco74 said:
Oh, there will be a book? I mean, ofcourse there will be a book, but when when when???

Well, that would be worth the wait, but wouldn't it also be great to get to know the deck first and then see what you missed?

Ask M-Press, it's her Deck ;)
It says on her website that there will be a book.
And no, you must first properly study such a special deck as the Sakki-Sakki! You can't just go and use it any way you want too! :D

How's this for de-enabling? :p

Eco74

Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Kahlie said:
Ask M-Press, it's her Deck ;)
It says on her website that there will be a book.
And no, you must first properly study such a special deck as the Sakki-Sakki! You can't just go and use it any way you want too! :D

How's this for de-enabling? :p

I asked and she said "The wait for the book is not a small one".
She also mentioned "months"... Sooo... I would have plenty of studytime (not use, just study - it is a very special deck after all) before the book came out and once it's out I'd have a shorter studytime allowing me to start using it faster than other people who wait and get the deck and book at the same time...

How's that for re-enabling.. ;)
Oh, I'm baaad...

BlueLotus

Re: Ahem, here's my try...

Cerulean said:
No real need for that one, because you can save for the new one by Kay Steventon, the Celestial Tarot by U.S. Games
Now you have to find a way of talking me out of the Celestial Tarot. I liked the Spiral Tarot a lot, and I simply have to have her second deck. Or do I have to?

Kahlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Eco74 said:
I asked and she said "The wait for the book is not a small one".
She also mentioned "months"... Sooo... I would have plenty of studytime (not use, just study - it is a very special deck after all) before the book came out and once it's out I'd have a shorter studytime allowing me to start using it faster than other people who wait and get the deck and book at the same time...

How's that for re-enabling.. ;)
Oh, I'm baaad...

I said properly study, meaning you have to have the book. You can't just pick up the cards and call that study! First you need to have the book, study it, go to all the references the book gives and study that, and THEN only THEN may you start touching the Deck.
For using the Deck, well, that's even a longer road ;)

Sorry Eco!

Eco74

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Kahlie said:
I said properly study <sic> THEN only THEN may you start touching the Deck.
For using the Deck, well, that's even a longer road ;)

Sorry Eco!

Darn, you do drive a hard bargain.
How about if I just get it and leave it in the box.
I could get a displaycase with a lock, seal the unopened box in it, lock it up and give my key to someone who really doesn't like tarot and will NOT give me the key until I have the book.. And the glass in the displaycase - bulletproof ofcourse.

Yathink?

Kahlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Eco74 said:
Darn, you do drive a hard bargain.
How about if I just get it and leave it in the box.
I could get a displaycase with a lock, seal the unopened box in it, lock it up and give my key to someone who really doesn't like tarot and will NOT give me the key until I have the book.. And the glass in the displaycase - bulletproof ofcourse.

Yathink?

I wonder why everybody always says I drive hard bargains.. hmm.. must be in the genes... (Half-Chinese)

No, sorry, you can't even OWN the Deck without the book. And for putting it in the displaycase you would have to touch the deck.

Absolutely forbidden... No can do... Sorry!

Eco74

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Okay... My turn.

Kahlie said:

And for putting it in the displaycase you would have to touch the deck.

I'd just have to touch the box, not the deck.
The deck would be safely unseen, untouched and unglanced inside..

I would ofcourse be getting x-ray glasses and such items to try to take a peake inside but would fail miserably.
However, some of the time spent waiting would pass a little quicker. ;)

Kahlie

I would ofcourse be getting x-ray glasses and such items to try to take a peake inside but would fail miserably.

There you go... already talking of sneaking peeks... See? You don't even have it, and you are already talking about bending the rules...

Honestly.... what do you expect me to say?! Of course you can't have it!

tmgrl2

Kahlie's right, Eco.

Goodness. We Tarotaholics who have "sworn off" buying any more decks will look for any excuse to "buy the first deck." Isn't that like taking the "first drink" for an alcoholic??

Sigh....I still can't bring myself to remove Thompson-Leng from my watch list at eBay.

terri