Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Little Baron

It's turned into a 'scissor swiping' riot in here!

Glad you are all enjoying snipping. Very much enjoying my little naked neck.

Best wishes to you all.

Yaboot

TemperanceAngel

Yaboot you obviously don't need a gate, you can just walk right in!!!!

Kissa

Yaboot is a genius.

The first person ever on earth to make me want to buy a Thoth. That is huge. I am still in shock. I could NEVER EVER have imagined that Crowley's cards look nice somehow.

Yaboot is my master.

Kissa

mercenary30

Well, I did it....

I found a giant Thoth at the local bookstore and bought it.

Then I proceeded to Hobby Lobby and purchased a large corner cutter and instead of using scissors, I purchased a straight edge cutting board that has a sliding cutter on it......

WOW it works perfectly!!!!

I am getting the cards done in about 90 seconds each and they are almost identically sized......very little room for error!!!!

No blisters! No accidental slips! and the final result is a circumsized Thoth that is NORMAL SIZED!!!

ohhh....that last sentence sounds kinda bad...... :eek:

Eco74

*muses*

Cutting board with sliding cutter...

*adds to wishlist*

;)

Anna

hehe, I have finnished making "Uncle Al's Orcale: The Keywords of gloom and doom" and a very pleased with it ;)

How's that? 2 "decks" for the price of 1 :D

No blisters! No accidental slips! and the final result is a circumsized Thoth that is NORMAL SIZED!!!

LOL.....everything I want to say to this will make it look even worse merc! Lets see, how about "well done" ? :p

Little Baron

Thanks Kissa and TA for the kind words. The pictures do look lovely and seem to be making sense to me in the few daily draws that I have done. I hope that you also go get yourself a copy and join in. Like me, you may be very surprised about how a deck that at one time had no connection with me, has finally grabbed hold. Having said all of this, I can't take all the credit, since it was 'xviiirkna's' post that inspired me in the first place. Her Thoth has been nude and naughty for over a year now.

Mercenary, I am glad that you gave it a shot, and I am glad that you are happy with the results. I very much like the 'cut' version, but also, if I ever found them to be a proble, know that an extra copy is not that hard to come by, should I want one. I think that I would have less problems with the keywords after a long time of study with the cut deck. The keywords make it difficult to have a relationship with the deck; it is like they hold me at arms length and don't allow me to project any of myself onto or into it. Maybe, after a length of studying them like this, I would be able to read with a bordered deck and not notice the keywords. For now though, I feel that is not likely.

"Ya Ya Boot Ya Ya"

Eco74

CharmingPixie said:
hehe, I have finnished making "Uncle Al's Orcale: The Keywords of gloom and doom" and a very pleased with it ;)

How's that? 2 "decks" for the price of 1 :D

Well well... Do let us know how it works out for you.
Actually, if you feel like getting a guinnea-pig here I am.

I'm trying out the hugest spread I've ever encountered this weekend.
Care to ask Uncle Al how I'll do?

*dons protective gear in preparation for the doom and gloom* ;)

Anna

I asked him Eco,

Uncle Al says: PLEASURE!

Phew! Looks like you will have great fun with that spread. :D

Eco74

Well, that's nice. :D

*undons protective gear and makes the bed that now no longer looks all deserted sans pillows and covers* ;)