Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

lark

I want to cut something. :(

Tarot Galadriel

Imagemaker, show us some pics of your trimmed robin wood, I am dying to see how that one looks as its my fav deck.

Galadriel

Jewel-ry

Lark,

You were itching to cut on the 17th!!! Are you still dithering???

~

Imagemaker

show us some pics of your trimmed robin wood, I am dying to see how that one looks as its my fav deck.

Ok, will probably finish it tomorrow and will post scans.

lark

Jewel-ry said:
Lark,

You were itching to cut on the 17th!!! Are you still dithering???

~
I am just one big dithering mess...:D
Wish I was brave enough to cut my Thoth.
But ....I ....just....c.a.n.'t......do...it......
I even have a corner cutter.
Oh me oh my...sigh sigh sigh.

Imagemaker

Do you have an old deck (of any kind) that you don't care so much about? One you could try trimming and not mind learning on? I did that with the New Palladini--gave me huge confidence to cut the new Rohrig! And I never would do a deck I couldn't replace.

yve

Maybe i've missed the answer to my question in the many posts to this thread...but do you have trouble with the corners/edges curling, bending, becoming weaker or the paper seperating once you've cut the borders off? Or do you treat the edges afterwards? Sorry, if this was already answered.

Little Baron

Hi Yve

I havn't had any problems like that with the decks I have trimmed and I didn't treat them in any way. Of course, neither of my decks have been trimmed that long so only time will tell how they hold up.

Best wishes

Yaboot

Imagemaker

I've had no problem at all with edges. None of these cards I've cut are thick or multi-layered enough to split.

shelikes2read

I'm wondering if I should hide my cards' eyes from some areas of the forum. Cutting decks, burning decks, oh my gosh! My poor little cards will have nightmares if they see any of this. ;)

One idea I've had, though, is this: if any of the decks prove to be vastly improved once they've had a border-ectomy, the publishers of said decks should be sent scans of the new, improved cards... along with readers' testimonials, if possible. Maybe if there are several AT posters who have all become satisfied users of a trimmed version of a deck, they can get together and compose a grouo e-mail.

Why not let the manufacturers do the job, and print a "new, borderless" version of some of these decks? Then more people can have a keyword-free, borderless deck without having to overcome their fear of applying the scissors themselves.

It's just a thought. :)