Got My Scissors Out Again - this time, the THOTH gets it!

Tarot Galadriel

Imagemaker this is exciting, i am dying to see the results. I adore the Robin Wood deck, I have trimmed my Rohrig but would never have thought of the Robin Wood.

I never realised the images were slightly different sizes, I swear mine all look the same size, the white border looks the same of them all. Strange. That would make it more difficult.

Still, your sticking with it. it takes ages doesn't it!?
My fingers were sore after my Rohrig trimming. My middle fingertip was numb for about a week afterwards !! lol

Good luck, keep going.........Hey Yaboot, I bet you never dreamed the new fad you have started would happen ! What have you done to us all ! lol ;o)

hugs Galadriel

jmd

...now that you've done the first step, how about trying this:
  • 'If you cut out these cards and remove their frames, especially the trumps can be put together in a very harmonic fashion'
This is an extract from Newsletter N°15 (which may be downloaded here).

What Claas Hoffmann does is show the projective geometrical relation which exists between various cards - quite well worth looking at his work, if nothing else.

I have only 'cut & pasted' these electronically, and the patterns, as to be expected with projective geometry, are not only stunning, but harmonious and 'alive'.

Imagemaker

trimmed!

Here's the evidence of the sculpting. Pardon the slanted scan, feeling tilted this morning I guess! These are large scans, may take awhile for download on slow connections.

To show the relative finished sizes: a Rohrig, Robin Wood, and Thoth, after trimming: 3 cards

and how the Robin Wood turned out. As you can see, a couple majors shown here lost a bit of their numbers. All the other cards have names and full numbers. I'm actually very pleased with the way the trimming turned out. No decks should have borders! Robin Wood cards

Tarot Galadriel

Not sure if its just me, but I can't see the pics at the moment......

SongDeva

No, I can' t view them either. :(

Imagemaker

Hmmm, will see what I can do. They open for me . . .

Imagemaker

First pic of relative sizes attached: 3 cards

Does this work?

Imagemaker

Here's the Robin Wood:

cards

If these don't work, I need more tech help!

Little Baron

Robin Wood looks great Imagemaker!!! Images bleed out very nicely!

Yaboot