Am i doing this correct ?

Sharla

When you lay 5 cards down the way ive been doing it is shuffle, fan, pick and lay like 1..2..3..4..5 but just came across something on Youtube about the 5 cards should be laid out like 3..2..1..4..5 so you then read the 1st card you lay down 1st being the center one and then read 2 & 3 together as they have been laid out etc.

Also im not sure if ive been reading the cards in the correct order and cant really find nothing online... when i fist started reading them like a month prior i used to read them like...1+2, 2+3, 3+4, 4+5 but then realized i was doing it wrong.

To cut a long story short can somebody please tell me how you lay out the 5 cards and in what order of reading the pairs do you read ? As when i have done readings i must admit only half of the reading makes sense and the rest is gobbilty gooks !!

Amanda

I don't really concern myself much with how I shuffle and lay them out. I shuffle like I normally do with any deck, and I just lay them down left to right.

Reading a Line of 5 though is a bit different.

You start at the central card to get the 'main idea' and then you read the central three cards together for the 'meat' of the answer.

Then you look at 1 + 2... and then 4 + 5.
Then you look at 1 + 5, and 2 + 4 to finish things off.

Sharla

I don't really concern myself much with how I shuffle and lay them out. I shuffle like I normally do with any deck, and I just lay them down left to right.
Okay good to know that parts okay then
Reading a Line of 5 though is a bit different.

You start at the central card to get the 'main idea' and then you read the central three cards together for the 'meat' of the answer.
Then you look at 1 + 2... and then 4 + 5.
Then you look at 1 + 5, and 2 + 4 to finish things off.

Thanks for clearing this up, infact ive realized that i am infact reading them exactly as you say now, but only have been for the past week.

So as card 3 in a 5 card spread is the center card im taking it this never gets combined with another card and read, does this card just read on its own ?

Amanda

Okay good to know that parts okay then

Thanks for clearing this up, infact ive realized that i am infact reading them exactly as you say now, but only have been for the past week.

So as card 3 in a 5 card spread is the center card im taking it this never gets combined with another card and read, does this card just read on its own ?

It's the first one you look at for the main idea, then you read it in the group of three, card 2 + 3 + 4. So you could look at 2 + 3 then 3 + 4, but those three should all tie together.