Motley Tarot from Tyldwick artist

Padma

wow :) A Thothy deck I could finally get on board with!!! :D

Farzon

I love the two of pentacles!
There's again this small item box on the top! And a chameleon and a dragonfly are great symbols for "harmonious change"! [emoji1]

Do these animals hold any magical/astrological attributions?

starlightexp

I love the two of pentacles!
There's again this small item box on the top! And a chameleon and a dragonfly are great symbols for "harmonious change"! [emoji1]

Do these animals hold any magical/astrological attributions?

This is what I am beginning to love about this guy's work. He has stated that everything has meaning "All the scenes and symbols on each card were deliberately chosen to reflect my own impressions of that card. Throughout the deck, no images were selected or used without meaning: the cards aren’t random collages. I took inspiration from kaleidoscopes, geometry, architectural patterns, codes, and the languages of flowers and colour." So it's rather a beautiful puzzle, much like Myst, where looking things up WILL get you a deeper meanings. I'm already keeping a notebook on it while it's in development so that I have a base when the deck comes out.

AJ

I'd be willing to fund this deck on Kickstarter. A first for me. Wonder if he has considered it?

Leo77

I'd be willing to fund this deck on Kickstarter. A first for me. Wonder if he has considered it?

Seconded. I'd love a chance to pre-order with extra goodies.

Mi-Shell

Hoping that there are mostly Nature themed cards! ♥
:)

AJ

he has the 2 of coins up by itself now, not sure if there are any differences from what we saw before. It is also on his home page now, as a potential fall deck.
http://www.malpertuis.co.uk/site/decks.html

there is also a number or lenormands now, and he is working on a square oracle I'm lovin'
but I think those images are only on facebook. Certainly a thread for a different forum

Attachments

• Motley 2 of coins 2.jpg
    Motley 2 of coins 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 208

Chimera Dust

I only just found out about this deck (yes, I'm out of the loop...) and I'm incredibly excited. I love the way these cards look so far! Until I found this thread, I also had no idea it was Thoth-inspired, which I think is a nice bonus. I'll have to add it to my Christmas list, hopefully the Autumn deadline will stick.

Now I wonder, as these are all pentacles, and they are all an earthy light brown, whether the different suits will have different color themes.

I think it's possible, since in the Tyldwick the suits have different colours too and the artist seems very detail-oriented :D

AJ

I check his site a couple of times a week, no new Motley cards posted.

He has though, been finishing up several lenormands decks and working on an oracle I think it is.

Here is an image of what I think may be an oracle. Or is that a lenormand also, I know zip about them

and a new 3 of coins, but it doesn't look Motley...

I still hold out hope :)

Attachments

• NotMotley 3 of coins.jpg
    NotMotley 3 of coins.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 203
  • oracle Malpertuis.jpg
    oracle Malpertuis.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 216

Chimera Dust

IHere is an image of what I think may be an oracle. Or is that a lenormand also, I know zip about them

I think it's a Lenormand. :) Whatever it is, it looks nice!

The 3 of Coins doesn't look like the Motley to me either. The fabric-like texture and the bee look like they'd be right at home in the Motley, though. I wonder if it's a new design for it, a working version, or a new deck (!).

Where are you getting all of these from? :D