Recurring Page of Cups Card

PamG

I have done several readings for myself and they are always questions in connection to romance or career. Lately, I keep pulling the page of cups card. I am trying to figure out what the tarot is telling me. I am at the beginning of a career that holds a lot of potential for me (and I hold potential in this position) and I am single, unattached, not looking for love but flirting and open to romance. It's puzzling to me why this card keeps coming up. I gather that the card generally points to youth and/or a message coming from someone else.

Can anyone offer thoughts on this? Thanks!

intuitivetarot

Which order and position(s) does it come in? What are the cards that usually surround it? Also, what are the main questions pertaining to it--which spread questions stick out to you the most?

pandap

I have done several readings for myself and they are always questions in connection to romance or career. Lately, I keep pulling the page of cups card. I am trying to figure out what the tarot is telling me. I am at the beginning of a career that holds a lot of potential for me (and I hold potential in this position) and I am single, unattached, not looking for love but flirting and open to romance. It's puzzling to me why this card keeps coming up. I gather that the card generally points to youth and/or a message coming from someone else.

How long is a piece of string?

There are so many things this one card could represent. I'm just going to offer one, which is to expect the unexpected. The Page of Cups can be a surprise of some sort comes your way. :)

Incidentally, if this is only one card that is part of a full reading you did, or you're just randomly enquiring about this one card, it should be in Using Tarot Cards. If it is part of a full reading and you wish to keep it here, you need to put in all the cards with your interpretation of them from that reading.

It's also helpful to others if you let them know what deck you were using and if you use reversals or not. :)

littlestar

The page of cups can indicate an offer of sorts coming your way, usually romantic in nature but not always.
Maybe pull a card asking why this card is recurring and what do you need to know about it.

PamG

intuitivetarot & pandap- thank you -- I see now that I had posted in the wrong place. My question was more general and less of a full reading. The questions are usually asking about possibilities of romance coming back into my life. Then I also ask about whether I will do well in sales at my job and this card (as a one-card pull) keeps showing up.

I have been surrounded by men that are younger than I am -- both romantically and my co-workers are younger than I am too. All males. So maybe it's as simple as that. But I'd like to think that it is a positive card. That I can learn from this aspect in my life while being aware of it.

littlestar - whatever the surprise will be is interesting. I will pull another card and ask why the page of cups keeps coming up. That's such a practical idea I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!

PamG

littlestar -- hmmm. I got the 5 of swords, which doesn't seem much positive to me. From what I gather it is a card of difficulty and conflict. So if my question was, "why does the page of cups recur in my readings." Could this perhaps be a warning? There could be disillusionment. Right now the "work hard and play hard" life of mine is very much influenced by my field of work and the people I meet due to my job (I sell spirits to bars and restaurants). This could be coming with a warning. And, come to think of it, the cups could symbolize the nature of my business - that I sell booze and I am mostly surrounded by young guys in this field. While fun and energizing, it comes with it's consequences. Any other thoughts out there, I'd love to hear them.

Absynthe

Is it possible your life (romantic and career wise) are being held back by a past rejection or fear of a future one? I had this exact card combination turn up for me in my love readings. What was happening is I had met someone yet things had stalled. No matter how I tried to encourage him he would not take things further. Turns out I wasn't being all that encouraging from his point of view, he took it as guardedness and held back. My prior relationship meant I was no longer as open with new people as I once was. It sent the wrong message.

PamG

Absynthe -- that's wild. You have probably hit the nail on the head. I had a tough year in 2014-2015. It was essentially a mental breakdown (I'm bipolar) and my partner bailed on me, and I almost lost my job. At the back of my head I do fear another episode but it hasn't happened and instead I have gotten stronger and stronger -- over the guy that disappointed me thoroughly and getting better with the career. However, I don't trust love at all so I am keeping the possibility of any relationships at bay. I also fear failure at work but that's pretty normal in sales I think.

How did the page of cups and 5 of swords specifically symbolize that past rejection for you? I can read that from the swords card but not the page of cups card.

Puffette

As a general idea the page of cups relates to communication,speeches and social life.
Besides that it can announce a male presence coming soon in your life,someone that might not take life too seriously and be actually quite flirty. So if u are a female then keep your eyes open. If u go often in discos then there's a high chance u meet someone there..
I saw you got the 5 of swords as clarifer.. This emphasises that u must be careful and do not fall too easy cause it might end in a bad story.
5 of swords is very much about self esteem and confidence and next to the page of cups is definetly something about image,personality and how people might perceive you.
if u know that u must have an event at your work that requires a speech or a reunion in which u must talk and express your oppinions then i suggest u should keep your head up and be confident.
In love the 5 of swords shows conflicts and humiliation/offences,abbandon and shame..
See how the page of cups is confident and shares his cup? The 5 of swords shows the opposite-feeling defeated and disarmed.
Either way try to keep a balance in work and love. The 5 of swords is more like a warning..

PamG

Thanks Puffette -- I'd like to think that I am at the point where I can heed warnings. As a warning, I read it as being one that is about love/romance and not getting burnt by another male figure coming into my life. Though if it is about work, confidence plays a big part in sales. By the way, my version of hanging out in discos is essentially hanging out at bars and restaurants (for work)! The cards seem like such opposites that it has thrown me a bit.