Why so many Tarot readers or psychics are wrong?

Barleywine

Radical thought.

Maybe they AREN'T wrong. Maybe we just aren't hearing them right.

Yes, "selective hearing," both the bane and boon of married life! In this case, though, it's more about hearing only what fits into our preconceptions about the situation (wait . . . is that so different?) Humans seem to have a "gated awareness" that screens out or neutralizes inconvenient truths.

tarot_quest

A lot of what's been said here has resonated for me, too, and enjoyed reading the article that you posted - thanks!

I am truly happy that some ATers read the article! It really changed something for me when I read it, couple of months ago.

I wanted to know if other people were sharing this experience with me (having innacurate reading...as well as why)

From the readings I've received from psychics and tarot readers over the years, I've learned (sometimes the hard way! :D) how important it is to slow it down and reflect on any advice as well as predictions offered in readings, to be sure to give priority to my inner voice, and what it's telling me. And ask, what parts are resonating for me, and how can I best apply the advice or predictive insight? And then, like Olson says, put it in the back of my mind and see what other patterns may emerge around it to support it...

hey! Same for me... I learn it the hard way too. Yes, our inner voice knows so much more than we think, but it is comforting/exciting/fun to get readings for important life questions.

Radical thought.

Maybe they AREN'T wrong. Maybe we just aren't hearing them right.

Yes... it could be. Again (as I wrote in this post), I feel that sometimes a reader/psychic will change the ''original'' message and this distortion will bring a misunderstanding, sometimes leading to a ''false'' prediction.

DownUnderNZer

Could be "Unintentional Blindness" as well which comes under the area of Psychology.

Where you are so focused on one thing that you do not see other possibilities or going ons around you.

Ironically, we all are prone to it because we are all wired that way.

DND :)

I am truly happy that some ATers read the article! It really changed something for me when I read it, couple of months ago.

I wanted to know if other people were sharing this experience with me (having innacurate reading...as well as why)

hey! Same for me... I learn it the hard way too. Yes, our inner voice knows so much more than we think, but it is comforting/exciting/fun to get readings for important life questions.

Yes... it could be. Again (as I wrote in this post), I feel that sometimes a reader/psychic will change the ''original'' message and this distortion will bring a misunderstanding, sometimes leading to a ''false'' prediction.

gregory

Yes, "selective hearing," both the bane and boon of married life! In this case, though, it's more about hearing only what fits into our preconceptions about the situation (wait . . . is that so different?) Humans seem to have a "gated awareness" that screens out or neutralizes inconvenient truths.
Wise advice from a counsellor I was once working with:

"Listen to what is being said, not to what you expect to be said".

It goes well with that well-worn argument phrase "but you always" - when actually the other person had taken that on board, and had said/done the exact opposite....

olivia1

Hi ATers!

I did not see tons of tarot readers or psychic in my life (about 6?), and all of them were quite wrong in their predictions....Even if I love Tarot, I am starting to think that I should not see professional tarot readers again. They also made a lot of other inaccurate predictions and wrong assumptions about my present life and other wrong predictions.

?

We're they 100% wrong ( each one of them) in everything they predicted? I ask because for romantic questions and short term predictions (short term as in what will happen regarding a love interest/ situation within next few days), I noticed the tarot has been accurate. It's just really awful at predicting things like career, finances, long term predictions (things I care about most). I find it interesting because I place very little importance on romantic relationships but it's the only topic tarot *usually * gets right for me. I'm not sure if tarot is simply better at predicting romantic relationships or is it the fact that I don't really care about romance is the reason tarot works well for me in that regard.

Edited: I wanted to add that the readers I go to range from beginners to those that have been reading for years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mabcosmic

We're they 100% wrong ( each one of them) in everything they predicted? I ask because for romantic questions and short term predictions (short term as in what will happen regarding a love interest/ situation within next few days), I noticed the tarot has been accurate. It's just really awful at predicting things like career, finances, long term predictions (things I care about most). I find it interesting because I place very little importance on romantic relationships but it's the only topic tarot *usually * gets right for me. I'm not sure if tarot is simply better at predicting romantic relationships or is it the fact that I don't really care about romance is the reason tarot works well for me in that regard.

Edited: I wanted to add that the readers I go to range from beginners to those that have been reading for years

I have had this experience as well. My best readings tend to be about love and relationships, and after that reading for spirits is my other strong suit.

Readings about health, career, travel, or finances tend to be harder. I've always wondered why this is.

olivia1

I have had this experience as well. My best readings tend to be about love and relationships, and after that reading for spirits is my other strong suit.

Readings about health, career, travel, or finances tend to be harder. I've always wondered why this is.

Interesting. Would you say that romantic issues are at the top of your list? For me it's near the bottom so I wonder if it's easier to read because I'm not very invested in it?

Barleywine

I don't handle relationship questions because they often involve trying to pin down a third party's feelings, which is too close to "mind-reading" for me. But tarot is a highly emotive and expressive medium that often communicates in imaginitive metaphors, making it perfect for emotional questions. It tends to be less lyrical for more mundane inquires; it can be harder to make it flow as convincingly. It's certainly no less effective, though.

olivia1

tarot is a highly emotive and expressive medium that often communicates in imaginitive metaphors, making it perfect for emotional questions. It tends to be less lyrical for more mundane inquires; it can be harder to make it flow as convincingly. It's certainly no less effective, though.

What does that mean?

mabcosmic

Interesting. Would you say that romantic issues are at the top of your list? For me it's near the bottom so I wonder if it's easier to read because I'm not very invested in it?

No, romance is not an issue for me so you are probably onto something here.