Kipper discussion in general

Genna

Mystical Kipper

I have in the mail, mystical kipper (extremely hard to get in Canada due to import fees ) and ciro kipper coming in the mail.
however I do not have a scanner.

requesting that someone who has the mystical kipper to send the scans to solandia so they can posted.
it is my hope that we can get the kipper section In the themes so it will be easier to find.
(and any other kipper you guys may have).

sure you can find images of the mystical kipper online but they are not at atf.

I think it would help for others to become aware of the deck.

Hello! You can find all the Mystical Kipper Cards on www.Kipper-fortune-telling-cards.com. Click on Mystical Kipper to see all the cards. The older decks are also shown, but not Fin-de-Siécle by Ciro Marchetti.

Love and Light, Genna.

Barleywine

Hello! You can find all the Mystical Kipper Cards on www.Kipper-fortune-telling-cards.com. Click on Mystical Kipper to see all the cards. The older decks are also shown, but not Fin-de-Siécle by Ciro Marchetti.

Love and Light, Genna.

Thanks for the link! I'm most taken by the Antique Kipper, although I'll most likely buy Ciro's.

HOLMES

Love and Light, Genna.

yes but they are not on aeclectic tarot yet. which is the whole point of my request.
if they wer, then down the line, eventually it would lead someone to the kipper perhaps as they look through the themes (eventually hope to get the kipper its own theme section like the lenormand has its own theme section in the tarot galley).
or if they look up mystical and notice there is a mystical kipper.

Barleywine

The Kipper seems like a logical place to go after getting comfortable and reasonably proficient with Lenormand. I agree that it should have a higher profile on AT.

Genna

Yes, it should. And I agree with you that The Original Kipper is very charming, and I use it quite often

Love and Light, Genna.

cirom

It seems from the previous posts that many people are relative beginners to the Kipper system. Which is a good sign, because it suggests that there is now a growing interest in what i found to be a fascinating one to work on.

I think the companion book to my deck does a decent job of introducing and explaining the basics, but i also produced the animated videos which are triggered when you point a smart phone at the cards. This wasn't intended as a gimmick or novelty, but as a convenient helping hand to beginners.. Hopefully helping them better remember the basic meanings of each card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE3dlCzlTs0&t=17s

HOLMES

hi cirom

aye , there are lot of beginners to kippers, I know I will be one when I get yours in the mail on Thursday (estimated)

https://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=265931

in my reply to this thread, I talk about why, when looking to get a kipper deck I realized why it is hard to get into.

edited to add
can you elaborate a tiny bit how you came to study the kipper ? , what deck you used , do you understand german, and so used a german deck ?

cirom

How I came to be involved with Kipper is explained more fully in the companion book. But essentially it was at the request of the publisher of the original Kipper deck. We arranged to meet in Berlin where I was going to be exhibiting some work. We had a long meeting, we discussed cartomancy publishing in general, our views of where it was all going in the future etc etc. He then explained that Kipper was pretty much dying (or rather the sales were) and asked if i would be interested in producing a more contemporary version of it. At first I wasn't... To be honest, as a relatively unknown niche market, Kipper represented a risk, a low percentage of potential income considering the work that producing a deck would represent, but more importantly i really didn't like the images... .but after some time and consideration I thought yes, the Kipper narrative could be retold and i was intrigued by the challenge.

HOLMES

thanks cirom

thank you very much.

that is just fascinating. !

Magrataya

I am an absolute Kipper newbie - I saw a deck at the bookstore yesterday and finally decided that I would give the system a try. It really helps that I have been doing a lot of Lenormand readings in the past months as I find the reading style to be very similar. So far, first readings have turned out rather well. I guess a big difference between Lenormand and Kipper is this: In Lenormand you have to guess whether a situation, thing or person is referred to in the cards with more emphasis on situations or objects. In Kipper you have a stronger influence on persons and situations so you have to wrap your head around if a card could also be an object. So far for my first observations.