Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

Carojulie

Okay, I've got one more deck I'm going to give away - the Roches Tarot :

http://www.rochestercitynewspaper.c...familiar-faces-and-spaces/Content?oid=2734438
by Jay Lincoln:
http://www.jaylincoln.com/#!blank/c1klo

I'll do a drawing as before, but you need to post QUICKLY for this one - I'm going to do the drawing late tomorrow afternoon (Sunday, EST) so I can get it in the mail on Monday. Take a peek at the link above and see if you want to toss your name in the pot. I'll list the names in this post below for those who are interested. And I'll pick up the postage costs (unless you live on another planet! :laugh:).

csmith0406 :)

Woaw that is an incredible deck ! I was not aware of this deck before, and it seems different and interesting. I will not put my name for the draw this time, because it's time for other thread members to benefit from BodhiSeed's generosity ! I wish luck to all ! :) And thank you BodhiSeed for your kindness.

Oops somehow I didn't catch your reply! I'm going all in. No borders no titles :)

I have done my copy with borders trimmed to the image and trimmed under the title, but I kept the titles. It looks good and gives the deck a sort of long rectangle shape. I have seen images on Youtube of this deck done "full monty", with titles gone, and it looks really stunning. Also I like the smaller squarer shape that it gives the deck. If you use the deck moslty for yourself and are not concerned that querents wont be able to see the names of the cards, this choice of trimming is great ! Good luck ! There are other interesting threads in the forum, that discuss techniques and tools of choice for trimming.

I would like to join in with this group if it's okay? For my deck I would like to start with the Housewives Tarot.

Welcome MistyCheckers ! Bienvenue to this friendly, relaxed weekly thread :)

csmith0406

Welcome MistyCheckers! I'll be interested to hear how you like Housewives Tarot, it looks like a novelty deck but I've heard only good things about it's readability on this forum. Interested to hear if you concur.

I would like to join in with this group if it's okay? For my deck I would like to start with the Housewives Tarot.

BodhiSeed

Welcome to the new folks and a hello to the 'old folks' who've been a part of the Deck of the Week group! :D

Just for your information, I'll be doing the drawing for the Roches Tarot giveaway about 3pm EST. Still time to put your name in the pot if you'd like (have a look here):
http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=4971645&postcount=17

ETA:
And the winner is... Amberjune! :)

Rose Lalonde

I can't believe how much I love this deck, and my husband really likes it too. It's the first deck he ever looked at every single card with me.

My husband said he likes it best of all my decks. Since I agree with him, I'll just say our husbands share our good taste. :D

VGimlet

Whew! Got the thread updated after a very busy weekend (work + after work obligations) so we should be good for now. ;)

Welcome Misty Checkers!

Amberjune

Congratulations Amberjune! And thanks BodhiSeed for your generosity!

Thank you.

Re: Tabula Mundi, I have ordered my copy last week. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with this deck.

csmith0406

Tabula Mundi

So far I love this deck, it may be my favorite of all time. My impressions from the first three days:

Right out of the box, the art is so striking, I love the feel of the cards and the look of the card backs. I have always had trouble reading Thoth, but this deck is so readable, it makes the system much more accessible. I laid out Thoth next to TM, and though I have always thought Thoth was beautiful, the TM seems so much better, more alive, and speaks with a clear voice.

Thank you.

Re: Tabula Mundi, I have ordered my copy last week. Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences with this deck.