View Single Post
ravenator

ravenest 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyros View Post
Marginally related, but a new witchcraft museum has some items that belonged to Crowley (purportedly).

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/n..._aleister_crow

The items are (scroll down) a Scorpion Ceremonial Bowl, Crowley’s Trident Wand and an oil lamp. The article says they were donated by Regadie, can anyone confirm that they belonged to him?
Well, if the site says so .... it also says one of its chalices " COULD BE the Holy Grail , you never know " .

The first lot of pics look like retro pagan stuff. The bowl is interesting and looks a little closer like something he would own but I have never heard reference to it. To try and stretch things towards Crowley, some could have been Rites of Eleusis props ? (eg, the bowl make a good 'hell broth' for rite of Saturn ) I think he would have eaten that mandrake root .

No doubt he snaffled a souvenir or two in his travels .

I will always remember the day I was looking at stuff in an ancient Egyptian exhibit and saw an ornate bowl that just didnt agree with my knowledge in such matters . It looked more like an Art Deco object trying to reproduce Egyptian artwork. When no one was looking, I ignored the 'do not touch' sign picked it up and turned it over and it STILL HAD a paper label stuck to the bottom ' Madam ......... 's Prop Shop Hollywood Bvd. Hollywood ' (cant remember her name ) - a movie prop .
Top   #25