View Single Post
Cat on a cold stone roof

gregory 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csdude View Post
FWIW, it doesn't HAVE to be that way. I can save it without any help at all! I would just need the login info to the database, and I can move it all to my own server and database structure, quick and painless.

I promise, I manage over 50 message board sites and have done this same thing many, many times.

Please, Solandia, do a reading on this and you'll see... this forum has been such a huge asset, I hate the idea of losing it! Just yesterday I did a spread for a friend and needed help, but without the forum there's just... no help to be had.

If you still say no, I'll probably build a new one that I hope everyone will want to use. I went ahead and bought http://eTarot.net, but it would be so, so much better if we can save the site everyone already loves!!
You would need EVERY SINGLE MEMBER'S PERMISSION to download all the member only areas and personal details (emails, paypal etc are all in there.). You would not have mine.

Sorry - but it isn't quite like passing on a library. I signed up under a specific administration. If it went to you - where might it go next and after that ?

We aren't losing the accumulated wisdom, just the member only areas. That's a great loss, sure - but still, the mass of knowledge will still be up there to read.
Top   #143