Fey Trio Study - XIVTemp; 7Pent; AceSwd

souljourney

I'm in. Love the Fey deck.

lunalafey

Ok, here are the cards & their positions for both spreads.

Past – Body = XIV Temperance
Present – Mind = 7 of Pentacles
Future – Spirit = Ace of Swords

I’m doing BMS spread, reading to follow.

lunalafey

Yes- the cards I have drawn~

I have drawn three cards that we all will work with.
There is a thread now - but I will post them here too.

-the cards are-
Past – Body = XIV Temperance
Present – Mind = 7 of Pentacles
Future – Spirit = Ace of Swords

I’m doing BMS spread.

and welcome aboard Mims & SJ

lunalafey

Here is my reading: For the week of Jan 18 to Jan 24.

Body-XIV Temperance
Knowing by listening to the body & giving it what it needs, be it food (balanced nourishment) or ‘professional’ attention. A nice long hot soak! I don’t have a bathtub, but there is a hot tub where I’m staying, there is also a Finnish Sauna & Tubs place close to my work. It’s interesting, the fish, this place has a fish pond. It’s been a while, I don’t know if there are torches. I suppose this card might suggest treating my self to a soak, while in connecting with my physical body to discover the body’s needs.

Mind-7 of Pentacles
Money Tree! Money is an issue that is perpetually on my mind. The feeling from this card is quite the opposite of my usual feelings about money issues. I will be getting paid within this week, but times have been tough and I have already borrowed from the fourth coming paycheck. But I also got a nice raise ok’d last week, going into effect yesterday (last day of the pay-period). I also have a small but significant amount of money in the bank that should not be there. Hmmm….
Other money matters, I have an inheritance, more than enough to be totally out of debt then have an awesome shopping spree, but that won’t be until later. Things there are still going through the process and those things never have a definite date.
Even though I’m almost constantly figuring my finances, I don’t stress, but I can get a bit nervous. I also have my times of worry, yet I know from past experience that to worry only makes it worse. When I have not a care in a world about not having the $$$ to pay a bill; the money appears in some way, like a ‘long time no see’ friend who owes me $40.
What an interesting card for this position. I’m wondering what might happen this coming week.

Spirit-Ace of Swords
This is such a ‘ritual’ card. I have a tough time with ‘rituals’…I like the idea, but it that so much to do and so little time thing that seems to get in the way.
I find it interesting the facial similarities between the Temperance Fey and the Ace of Swords Fey. They both have that Polynesian look to them. I see this Fey as making some sort of offering or sacrifice. It could be that the super hot sword is coming down to brand her. Heehee, I use a soldering iron at work, better be careful of burning my self. The Fey’s eyes glow red. Is this a reflection from the heat of the sword? Or is it their true color and she is just a creature of great passion? I am on who stands firm in my beliefs, not just spiritual but also personal opinions. I’m drawn to the pose of the Fey’s arms, it’s chalice like. Even more accurate a darbuka drum.

http://www.worldmusicalinstruments.com/MusicalInstrumentList.asp?CategoryID=180&CategoryName=Darbuka

I have always wanted one of these. Maybe I’ll find one I like and maybe playing it will be a ‘ritual’ that will slow me down a bit. Heehee- I can buy one with the money that falls off the money tree!

Imagemaker

I'll do mine tonight. I'm at work without cards, but just being online is a biggie since we've had no power at home for 48 hours (ice storm).

souljourney

Stupid question here... do we do our own interpretation and post it? Then at teh end of the week recap?

Mimers

souljourney said:
Stupid question here... do we do our own interpretation and post it? Then at teh end of the week recap?

Yup, that is the idea. See how the week came about and compare to our reading. Also discuss each other's interpretations. I am looking at the cards right now and I must say they are all very different in color, style, etc so my first impression is things are changing drastically.

We start off in the past with our very peaceful, balanced and quite content looking Temperence card. Things have been laid back and quite. Nice balance going on and I have been spending a lot of time with my cards lately too. I have been very busy planning a wedding and crazy at work, but no one thing has been totally crazy. I have found time to work and play. I have actually just had a nice long weekend with Monday being a day off and gotten to get some rest and relaxation in.

for the present we have the 7 of Pentacles.You know, this guy is so laid back and lazy he doesn't even notice the potential all around him. His eyes are like slits. He is almost asleep. I don't think he sees past the bell on his hat. He sits in the middle of a calm, peaceful lake and looks totally content. I don't think he needs all the coins in the tree. But they are there. I see this card as unrealized potential. The question is, what am I missing???

The future is the Ace of Swords. I think I am going to realize what I am missing and get a handle on it. It will all come to me in a 'aha' moment. This Fey has just realized the power is in her hands. THings she always knew, but did not put together are now revealed to her. It looks like she kneels in a field of eggs. Another sign of potential.The red is such a powerful color here. Full of passion. I am going to have a wake up moment soon to get me out of this daydreaming state I am in.

dadsnook2000

Past-Present-Future

I'll use this context for the three cards drawn and apply them to recent, current and likely events within a short span of time that may overlap the present week.

TEMPERANCE, as a Major Arcana card, sets the tone for the whole reading although she faces away from the other two cards -- which I take as meaning that what has been set in motion will go forward without any added momentum being needed. This Fey emerges from one environment into another, what was part of the water (the fish) now swim about her as messages or knowledge from where she was to bring into the present. The smoking pots show the wind or spirit world of consciousness blowing about her.

** Meanings for me, recently: I've been planning on re-doing much of the inside of the house, painting and redecorating -- a new environment. I've also started and have the bulk of a book done, something I have been thinking about for a long time in order to share some of my specialized astrological methods. This has brought up a lot material collected over time in addition to experiences using it -- the fish from her past environment now present, and the smoking pots signifying spirit and ideas.

SEVEN OF PENTACLES represents the making-physical the ideas and plans for both the house and the book. The tree has many roots and yields many physical results while the Fey sits there smoking his pipe. The tree springs from water, relating to the Temperance card, and signifying that what was initiated will continue to grow robustly and yield much.

** Meanings for me, now: I have a great number of activities going on; teaching two chess classes and coaching a robotics group for fourth and fifth grade students, the book, the house remodeling, the Astro-Tarot readings in the Astrology Forum, carving carousel lamps for the grandchildren's Christmas presents, my other wood-carving projects, etc. All of these are moving along and none are stagnating. Life is busy but fun.

ACE OF SWORDS represents a potential concept that will likely spring from my current activities. The concepts and ideas of the past, along with the actual physical work of the present may somehow contribute to a new concept and action to be taken soon. The Fey controls the sword but does not yet hold it so any action awaits the swords conceptual creation and coming into my hands. The Fey sits among large mottled eggs waiting to be opened. A mist covers the eggs and seating area of the Fey who concentrates fiercly upon her vision. The fire in her eyes is creating the sword before her.

** Meanings for me, perhaps soon: A new possibility or action lies before me fueled by my own mind and which can hatch a variety of experiences. The mist suggests that the water and smoke from the previous cards ties all of this together for me.

Dave.

Imagemaker

This last week has been so manic that I'm hoping tomorrow and the reading start a week of recovery.

So I'm reading the cards as past/present/future.

Background: Last Saturday we traveled to a 2-day sci-fi/fantasy conference. Home Sunday to incoming winter weather. Lost power Monday, camped by the woodstove, coped with primitive conditions and slept on the floor until Wednesday night. Electricity returned; heat did not. Thursday the plumber came and discovered a whole wall of frozen heating pipes, cutting holes in walls, much shifting of closets, furniture, bookshelves, possessions.

Plus, a huge iced pine tree has been reclining across the roof of the house since Monday night. That has to be removed and see what (apparently minimal) damage was done. (tree on house ) With ice everywhere, that project won't happen for awhile. Today--starting the sawed-wall cleanup, as we figure out the next move of insulation installation and wall repair.

Sorry for all that background--but I can't go into next week without clarifying what the reading will refer to.

Reading
Past--With Temperance having those swirling fish around her head (problems, displaced items), hip-deep in water, smoking torches, blank eyes--she has a lot to think about--perhaps how to put things back into place--that is definitely next week's past for me.

Present--7 pents looks like I'll at least get out of the water, but I'm ready for a nap! Tangled roots and again, a lot of objects/projects in the air. And the Fey may be dreaming of all the money this storm has already and is going to cost.

Future--Hmmm. In the Ace, at least the water has drained away and the Fey is on dry land. Her dress is barely hanging on--she's been through a struggle--but she's looking up to a glowing new idea with a gesture of release or capture. Can she make use of this pointed concept? I'm looking forward to all shiny possibilities!

lunalafey

7 of Pentacles

Taking a look at the Cards-

Here's a quick list of 'us' and the spreads we each used;
lunalafey-Body Mind Spirit
Imagemaker-Past Present Future
Mimers-Past Present Future
dadsnook2000-Past Present Future ~with a twist~
elvenstar- pending
souljourney- pending

I'm going to kick things off a little early. I could not wait because of something with the cards and lifes events.
Feel free to follow suit with another card, consider this a format for the study if you have a simular experence, or if something just sparks thoughts....

Mimers said:
The question is, what am I missing???
The second I read this it made me think....What am I missing?

lunalafey said:
I also got a nice raise ok’d last week, going into effect yesterday (last day of the pay-period).
Boy did I drop the ball! I had a second part of my review to finish and return and I totally forgot, so now I have to wait til the next pay period for my raise. What a dummy!

To compare my reading with Mimers, they are sorta opposite, ya think?
My take was a little on the luxurious side and that of waiting, while Mimers was about something lacking. To expand on what Mimers got from the cards;
He seems to be that he does not care to have luxuries. The common comforts are just fine for him. I am a bit this way, as long as I have the basics I'm fine, but I sure do daydream (like the fey) about having more, or at least better (suits my practical side).

dadsnook2000 has that "yeild" thing going on in his reading. Simular to the feeling I was getting.
represents the making-physical the ideas and plans... The tree has many roots and yields many physical results...
I related to this as well. My company has just moved and is going through some changes. We have some restructuring going on, we have the 'team' that came with the move (the roots) but we have added personel who have impressive backgrounds in key areas that will help the company to grow. That and the developement of a new high-tech product. It's a little slow right now (just the time of year), hence the dozing fey, he's not being lazy here, just has nothing to do.