List of Thoth-inspired decks and clones

ZKEI

Sun and Moon Tarot
Tarot-M (forthcoming)

:)

AJ

Devo...snort :)

No the one with the shiny bits all over it by Egypt something.

I don't see the Mary-El listed yet either.
I'm going to tackle reading with it next week. Should be a pretty funny show!

tarot heart

Devo...snort :)

No the one with the shiny bits all over it by Egypt something.

I don't see the Mary-El listed yet either.
I'm going to tackle reading with it next week. Should be a pretty funny show!

Are you referring to the Silicone Dawn by Egypt Urnash (spelling?)?

Naomi Ningishzidda

Tabula Mundi Black and White or Color

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tabula-mundi-tarot-colores-arcus/

To me to be a part of the Thoth school the tarot must be Golden Dawn based, I like Tabula Mundi because it reminds me of the Thothy-Golden Dawn Hermetic Tarot with its stark yet also detailed images. Crowley was filial to Golden Dawn system, with the exception of the Star. Crowley believed that the Golden Dawn was the most progressive and true version of the Tarot in existence, that is why he adapted it for his use. Aleister Crowley's Thoth is in fact a Golden Dawn deck, those cropping up based on the Thoth called themselves "Golden Dawn Decks" for this reason, such as The Hermetic Tarot. Today we have a new thing happening with decks claiming to be Thoth based instead of Golden Dawn based.

The difference is that the author MUST believe the establishment of the Law of Thelema is the only way to preserve individual liberty and to assure the future of the race of Man, as stated by Crowley. In my opinion the deck must also remain true and loyal to Aleister Crowley's adherence to rigorous standards of occult study. Crowley expects his students to think for themselves and to further The Great Work, so if the deck doesn't have something to offer that is progressive it doesn't really have a right to say it is Thelemic or in his school. It should make inroads into cracking the puzzle of Completion (in the sense of Man not the card) and not be a disgusting copy clone. The deck should be progressive and the author should explain their reasoning for any major additions or changes, even though Crowley himself would throw shit at us without any explanation and no sources, appendix or bibliography either...this is just really bad form and it isn't something which should be copied or admired in my opinion as it makes the work of later researchers unnecessarily difficult. If the author doesn't say why they changed something major quite often it is because they have no good reason for doing so.

Attention must be paid to the Star and Emperor letter switch, although I wish more tarot artists or composers would place the Emperor at 17, that is in fact his proper place and beat and where he belongs, according to the Book of the Law and according to the way the numbers. And, with the Star at IV she becomes the Crone as the third female. Priestess (Maiden) Empress (Mother) Star (Crone). Crowley did write about the Emperor as if he had made the switch in The Book of Thoth, if you pay attention to the tree positioning, it isn't clear what he might have finally done with Thoth as it is a case of "Eyes Wide Shut" he died before it was printed for the public finally.

rylla

Gee, there must so many, hard to recall. From the top of my mind:
Navigators of the mystic sea
Universal tarot Maxwell Miller
Hardy tarot
Golden Dawn Temple

ETA removed Via tarot, it's already mentioned

Luna's Crone

Tabula Mundi Black and White or Color

http://www.aeclectic.net/tarot/cards/tabula-mundi-tarot-colores-arcus/

Attention must be paid to the Star and Emperor letter switch, although I wish more tarot artists or composers would place the Emperor at 17, that is in fact his proper place and beat and where he belongs, according to the Book of the Law and according to the way the numbers. And, with the Star at IV she becomes the Crone as the third female. Priestess (Maiden) Empress (Mother) Star (Crone). Crowley did write about the Emperor as if he had made the switch in The Book of Thoth, if you pay attention to the tree positioning, it isn't clear what he might have finally done with Thoth as it is a case of "Eyes Wide Shut" he died before it was printed for the public finally.

I haven't started in thoth yet, but this makes sense for the maiden mother crone. Hmmm.

rylla

Swedish which is on the list. Is that Thoth inspired? I would've never thought to include it in that category.

Luna's Crone

I think Steam Punk: Gods of the Machines is a bit Thothy. Its done by Mathews and someone else, not his wife. I bought that deck for my husband and i have done several readings with it and i really like it, but my intuition wasn't involved as much as my other decks. But I still really like it.

Luna's Crone

I didn't think Tarot of the Spirit is all that Thothy. I think its more Eakins psychi combined with RWS. She is following a different drummer altogether with that deck.