Robin Wood - The Chariot 7

MeM

A very busy card indeed.

A person singing, which is generally a sign of being happy. I get the impression it is a man, by the size of his hands.
There are many insinuations of ying and yang, male and female, also night and day.

Could he be a traveling minstrel? Weaving tales of good and evil? I get the impression that from looking at him, good prevails.

annik

It's seems to me that the person on the chariot is travelling. Kind of spreading his songs on a concert tour. Seems to have some artistic inclination. The chariot itself seems to be a nice nightsky stage.

satinangel

Here are some random thoughts I have about the Chariot...I am still a newbie :)

I think this card carries a lot of energy and that balances many opposing forces, light vs dark, yin and yang, male and female.

He seems very artistic. He seems to have an inner glow. Could he possibly be a messenger?

What do you think of the wings above the yin/yang? Do they have a special meaning??

tarotbear

One thing to remember with this card or any other Chariot card is that they are usually drawn as though the charioteer is not controlling the creatures that pull the chariot ~ this guy is playing a harp and singing to himself. Although the starry canopy indicates he is 'under' the influences of celestial bodies, the black and white creatures tell us of opposite polarities that need to be kept in check. The charioteer must always be 'in control' or the beasts will pull him apart or overturn the chariot.

The air of 'I think I'll play my harp now' is just a cover for the fact that the charioteer works hard to maintain control, but he doesn't have to look like it.

Emeraldgirl

I love that this chariot is pulled by unicorns. It really does show a huge exercise of will to control these beasts. Particually if there is a man driving the chariot. A maiden was reputed to be the only person who could control the unicorn otherwise they would savage everyone who gets to close. The fact that they are pulling the chriot suggests that they have somhow been subdued and an almost impossible victory over them achived.

GeorgiePorgie

May I interrupt with a "something" from Robin Wood herself?

She says in her book (Robin Wood Tarot: The Book) that he is controlling the unicorns by the harp.."through song, love and harmony: not through brute force."

Emeraldgirl

Thanks for that :) . I only have the deck not the deck and book set so I had assumptions as to how they are being controlled. That's added a new perspective for me. Thanks :)

CelticGirl

If you look towards the back there is a cloud of dust like they are traveling fast. I get the idea of joyriding, crusing, singing...having a good ol' time. He's smiling and singing and the unicorns look happy, yet in control.

GeorgiePorgie

Emeraldgirl said:
Thanks for that :) . I only have the deck not the deck and book set

You can (from what I know, and not to twist your arm or anything) buy the book seperately (thats how I did it). I cannot recommend this book enough. It is full of wonderful detail about .....well, details!

CelticGirl

GeorgiePorgie said:
You can (from what I know, and not to twist your arm or anything) buy the book seperately (thats how I did it). I cannot recommend this book enough. It is full of wonderful detail about .....well, details!

I have never seen the book that goes along with this deck. I'll have to keep my eyes open!