andybc ebook

3ill.yazi

I talk it there won't be a print version?

andybc

The book is currently down from Amazon; last night it came to my attention that there were a lot of mistakes, changed words, et cetera in the final copy I received from the editor service I paid for. I am opening a dispute with the editor and paying to have it re-edited elsewhere.

When it goes back on Amazon anyone who purchased a copy will automatically receive the edited version and I will be replacing each pdf copy too.

As for a print copy, I would have liked to have done one, but it is not possible right now.

Barleywine

The book is currently down from Amazon; last night it came to my attention that there were a lot of mistakes, changed words, et cetera in the final copy I received from the editor service I paid for. I am opening a dispute with the editor and paying to have it re-edited elsewhere.

Do you have a rough ETA for when it might come back up on Amazon? I'm debating whether to go with the Kindle versiojn or the PDF. Someone here said the original Kindle version had some formatting isses, and that the PDF is more versitle. I would prefer to read it on Kindle but want the more readable of the two.

andybc

Do you have a rough ETA for when it might come back up on Amazon? I'm debating whether to go with the Kindle versiojn or the PDF. Someone here said the original Kindle version had some formatting isses, and that the PDF is more versitle. I would prefer to read it on Kindle but want the more readable of the two.

Hello Barleywine.

The book will be available from Amazon again in the next 12 hours (Amazon's estimation). It has been completely re-edited by a new editor and I've been able to change some of the formating my old editor used. This should - as far as I have been able to tell - have removed the formating issues.

The pdf version can also go on a kindle. I have both copies on my Kindle Fire HDx and they both work and now seem the same.

Asher

It's back!

The book is back up on Amazon!

It is so much more readable since it has been re-edited and had the formatting streamlined. However, I did not automatically get the updated version, but with a quick call to Amazon, they manually sent me the new edition.

Now I can go back and comfortably re-read the book, and have my deck out to follow along with andy's instructions.

Congratulations, andy, on a wonderful new edition!

daphne

As for a print copy, I would have liked to have done one, but it is not possible right now.

Have you look into print-on-demand option? You can upload your pdf to lulu.com and books will be printed only at the moment they are ordered.

There is no risk for you (nor logistics troubles, as they get the orders, print and ship and you get to fix the price yourself) and those who like to have a physical book, would be able to get one printed.

I would like to have a printed edition, for a learning book it is much practical for me.

andybc

The book is back up on Amazon!

It is so much more readable since it has been re-edited and had the formatting streamlined. However, I did not automatically get the updated version, but with a quick call to Amazon, they manually sent me the new edition.

Now I can go back and comfortably re-read the book, and have my deck out to follow along with andy's instructions.

Congratulations, andy, on a wonderful new edition!

I was disappointed to hear that regarding Amazon Asher. But so pleased you like the new formatting and changes - the main changes aside from standard editing are clarifications in the cards' meanings, the GT has been made clearer and for those reading on black-and-white kindles we included text explanations when colour coding is used.

They advised me it would be automatic for all kindles and kindle applications, unless the user had disabled something in Manage My Kindle. I will get in touch with them again and find out how and why we can get this to be automatic – I still have the email where they state it will be.

Have you look into print-on-demand option? You can upload your pdf to lulu.com and books will be printed only at the moment they are ordered.

There is no risk for you (nor logistics troubles, as they get the orders, print and ship and you get to fix the price yourself) and those who like to have a physical book, would be able to get one printed.

I would like to have a printed edition, for a learning book it is much practical for me.

I will look into this. I know a couple of people that have used Lulu and did not have great experiences.

When a person buys the pdf version the license does allow them to print the book out for their own use. But I will have a look at Lulu.

danieljuk

Hi Andy, does it have the excellent GT guide from your site archive in it? Great to see it edited and back :)

andybc

Hi Andy, does it have the excellent GT guide from your site archive in it? Great to see it edited and back :)

It contains a chapter on the GT which goes through it step-by-step and also includes an example. It's a lot more in-depth, and clear (so I am told), than the blog ever was in how it explains what is near and what far in terms of level of distance.

It then explains the themes which I never included on my blog and how these are read and synthetised to give readings on work, on love, et cetera.

ditcher24

Hi Andy,
How do I go about ordering the pdf ebook?