GT Spread Cloths

blue_fusion

I read that from her blog and I made my own GT cloth. Since I'm clueless about sewing, I bought felt instead. I used felt too when I made my big tarot spread cloth.

How about knitting one instead? :D I've never heard of a knitted spread cloth but it seems like an interesting idea.

IHeartRescues

Right now I'm thinking of getting some white canvas material and an indelible black marker, cut out a card template and just trace the house positions onto the cloth. I have enough calligraphic skill to make it look decent. But I was hoping to avoid the work.

Yes! Canvas seems like the cards would not SLIDE around so easily as satin, nor would the fabric attract pet hair. Velvet would be more elegant but any little hairs floating around I think would just MAGNETIZE so may be harder to keep clean. So I would wash it first to pre-shrink it, and then perhaps sew on a pretty backing cloth also pre-washed, to have a portable reading mat all-in-one. I also have some slubbed silk (forget the term for this) pieces that I would sew up separately.

I do prefer the idea of making one's own bags and cloths. I think it helps w the process of connection and focus. And it's so fun!

Grizabella

I've been using Laura Tuan's large-size Lenormand Oracle to lay out the house system for my GTs, on which I place the smaller cards for the reading. But this takes time, and when I start reading for clients I want something quicker and easier. I've seen a few different hand-made GT spread cloths on etsy (and, of course, Ciro's are beautiful but too pricey for me). Most of what I've seen I could do just as well myself with my art training, but I still think they would seem amateurish. Has anyone seen decent cloths with printed GT house positions in the $20 - $25 range they can recommend? I'm after an 8x4+4 cloth.

What I've done is just take a piece of plain fabric and draw the cards by tracing around one of them with a Sharpie (very carefully) for each position and then just writing in the Houses by name and number on each one. It's quick, inexpensive, and works very well. I've done two cloths that way, with one for the Gilded Reverie and one for the smaller decks. And I've also done one for the Kipper cards. I used a plain white sheet and just made the cloths in this way.

My real dream is to someday be able to have the spread cloth Ciro offers for the Gilded Reverie. I'm not getting any younger, but maybe someday before I leave the world, I'll be able to get that one.

Jen P

Looks fantastic Reall!!! I have a lot of spreadcloths already, but might be tempted by these beautiful cloths. Jut love them!

reall

HA HA!^^ THANK YOU!^^ be sure to note us with mini review if you decide to try it out!?^^ and I'll be sure to give you exclusive discount to my next project!^^ lolz :))
I'm curious to know how are these compared to cloth you usually have?x,x :))
I do all my readings on my simple white table cloth or my lap so never had *real thing!x,x lolz so far successfully resisting temptation to order one from CM and Babastudio!x,x lolz facepalm :))

Beanfeasa

I've just ordered this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/280609...divination-cloth-grand?ref=shop_home_active_1

I'm excited for it to arrive!

Has anyone discovered any other options out there more recently?

After extensive searches, i ordered this one too, it looks beautiful, nice neutral design and great price point. I ordered it Tuesday and it was shipped Wednesday, I got a really nice, friendly message with tracking from the artist, all in all, impressed already.

celticnoodle

Here is a link to what's available on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/market/grand_tableau

There's a nice white one on there that is professionally printed. The mini one is in your price range, the normal sized one is just over your budget, but you could always contact them to see if they might be able to come down a bit.

I have one of the ones which was hand written - priced at $31. Again, you could see if she'll be able to decrease her price a little. I got mine for $20. It's a little on the small size, but is really the perfect size for most of my decks. I usually use Ciro's, but it's a little on the large size.

Lastly, you can use these links to make your own (if you can sew or maybe make it and take it to a Jo Ann Fabric Shop and see if any of the people there can help you finish it):

http://www.divinewhispers.net/apps/...your-own-lenormand-grand-tableau-spread-cloth

and

http://www.divinewhispers.net/apps/...nd-making-a-larger-grand-tableau-spread-cloth

They are all really quite charming. I wouldn't worry about appearance - the handmade look adds to the experience in my opinion. I made one of these, but don't sew, and never made it to Joanne's yet. ;-)

Good luck!

just to report I made GT Spread Cloths for my lenromand oracle!^^
check it out here https://sites.google.com/site/chakralenormand/home/cloth-designs
and be sure to note how you like it if you decide to order or make something on your own!^^ ;)))

I've just ordered this one:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/280609...divination-cloth-grand?ref=shop_home_active_1

I'm excited for it to arrive!

Has anyone discovered any other options out there more recently?

Thank you to each of you for these links! I love them all. I love the simple look of the one reall has there--in the light brown colors. I also LOVE that one by Donna Leigh as it can also be folded up nicely with the deck inside of it, and tied with a ribbon. :thumbsup: Plus, if you just want to use the other side for decor--you can do so too. Sadly, I'm all thumbs with sewing myself, but I might be able to persuade one of my wonderful friends or the kid who sew well to make it for me. :D

The last link is beautiful too, and I imagine any of these could also be wrapped around the deck and tied with a ribbon. I've been thinking of making my own--but out of a poster board, since I cannot sew. but that wouldn't be very good to travel with. I think the best thing to do is with cloth that can be easily opened up and also folded up to carry it away. :)