New Beginner Course

Barleywine

Yes! Done my Learner's Deck and I'm having to unlearn certain card connotations - like Moon is work - but I'm impressed. I'm working through it in bite-sized pieces so as to be able to digest.

Do you mean that Moon is or isn't "work" in the course material? I see it as work in my own readings.

Barleywine

He is is as much a traditionalist as you will find. When I repro'd his cards he insisted that there would be no additional cards. In his view the Rider and Snake are the alternative love interests -- main and extracurricular.

Hmmm... where does that leave children and women riding horses in some of the new decks? ;)

A very good question, along with something other than birds in the Birds card or the people that litter the landscape in some other decks. So far it sounds like the system that Andy Boroveshangra uses, at least regarding Rider and Snake as alternative love interests. Would that be the "German" system? I don't have the course yet, but will get it soon.

decan

I just ordered it, the offer is irresistible (for me!) :)

Le Fanu

Do you mean that Moon is or isn't "work" in the course material? I see it as work in my own readings.
Yes, in the course. I'd always had it as the Fox, which made sense to me though I knew that Caitlin Matthews uses the Moon as work. So does Bjorn. I'll get used to it...

decan

Okay, so I began to read this 29 pages pdf richly illustrated with the Daveluy Lenormand, one of my favorites!!

Probably there will be a few other pdf, I don't know of course, but I think that it is something possible, in order to go a bit beyond the basics.
Well, here they are the basics only, therefore, that's very good for a beginner, and for someone like me, that is to say, who read here and there things very interesting, but who is a little bit burdened at times by too much informations (and sometimes conflicting informations).

I will use this useful short course! :)

Barleywine

I have an open-minded philosophy about beginner material: as long as it's worthwhile and not just a shallow money-making scheme, I want it in my library both as an alternative refresher (we often latch onto one preferred system to the exclusion of all others) and as a point of reference in talking to beginners about their growing experience. I like to stretch my comprehension around as many different viewpoints as possible in case there's something useful I may have overlooked.

Barleywine

Yes, in the course. I'd always had it as the Fox, which made sense to me though I knew that Caitlin Matthews uses the Moon as work. So does Bjorn. I'll get used to it...

Thanks for the reply. I'm getting the feeling that Bjorn's approach is well-aligned with Andy B's, which was and is the foundation for my own, although I've also absorbed almost everything else I could find in English.

celticnoodle

I ordered it this morning and it was delivered already via email a few short hours later! I thought it would take 24 hours and figured I would start working on it over the weekend. Now, I think I'll begin it tonight.

cybercat

A very good question, along with something other than birds in the Birds card or the people that litter the landscape in some other decks. So far it sounds like the system that Andy Boroveshangra uses, at least regarding Rider and Snake as alternative love interests. Would that be the "German" system? I don't have the course yet, but will get it soon.

If your asking if Andy's is a German system it is not. In his blog he even States it's more French in style but meaning are more the original which is why all the modern authors are alike. Since his blog was around before the English books. Many used it as their learning.

Fox is a elite hunting thing not sure how it ever got related to work. Unless it was related to trapping for furs which was alot of work.

lamyamah

is anyone give any reviews on this course so far?