what do you use for carrying your lenormand cards? pouch, bag, clothes

snowmoon

I have a padded t-shirt kind of bag with velcro closure that my daughter gave me and she said it was originally for some kind of game stuff like kids like to use. It's the right size to hold my Gilded Reverie, my Fin de Ceicle, my Mystical Kipper, my Mystical Lenormand and a couple of sort of unattractive homemade spread cloths for each of the sizes of the decks. They all just fit right in there and are easy to store and to take along with me if I go somewhere.

hi,

padded t-shirt kind of bag for games? maybe i can find a nice size of the bag in game store,

unattractive homemade spread cloths? that is nice! i cannot made the spread clothes, so i just buy it online.

thank-you.

sweetcherise13

I use a cute little zippered pouch with my Lenormand deck that I carry with me. They come in different sizes to fit different sized decks and they sell for under $5 for this size. :)

As snowmoon mentioned, cosmetic bags work very nice also.

Attachments

• WP_20170428_07_12_55_Pro (3).jpg
    WP_20170428_07_12_55_Pro (3).jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 196

reall

my all time fav are these 1$ebay drawstring bags http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-gwa3JpfHu4g/VggH0EDDteI/AAAAAAAAIAw/d1hcVHYz7YQ/s1600/preview+2.JPG
fit bridge poker and mini size deck in original box!:) even hold my mini tarots in those!^^

also I like clear plastic boxes by PS/MPC http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-8B-3iaHG4...H-Q/LiITlM08NEo/s1600/mini+in+plastic+box.JPG

and these made by DriveThruCards/Onebookshelf are even better;
http://www.drivethrucards.com/product/114067/Deckbox-standard?src=FrontPage

Ruby Jewel

Very nice! If my grandmother was still alive, she could knit me some pouches instead of the endless stream of slightly odd slippers she used to produce. At one time she was a playing-card reader, so she would have understood.

What a sweet grandmother you had. Did she knit shoes for all your brothers and sisters also? I remember a post somewhere you listing the number of brothers and sisters you had. I now forget, but I remember the post because I found it amazing you had so many. My paternal grandmother was a Cherokee who died at age 34 of kidney failure...when my dad was only 4 yo. She is always with me though....I can feel her spirit, especially in my readings. I took her name for my tarot name, Ruby. My maternal grandmother was gruff and scared me. I had to get older to realize that gruffness was hiding a huge heart. She used to go fishing alone and stay out in the middle of the lake all night and come in at sunrise. She also loved to play "42" all night....a Texas domino game with 'trumps.' She ran a little grocery store in South Dallas across from a government complex that housed lots of invalids, mostly black.....many who were blind....they would call her up with a list of things they needed. She would fill the order, put it on their charge accounts and my grandfather delivered the groceries. Three times, big markets tried to go into business across the street from her little store, and they all went out of business. In the summers, I would leave the cotton farm in West Texas and go work with her in the little store. Her name was Maud Murphy. She was a Cancer, like you. Our grandmothers were awesome...I miss mine.

Ruby Jewel

what do you use for carrying your lenormand cards? do you use pouch, bag, clothes, house clothes, for it? or nothing at all?

i cannot find a good size of pouch for it. so currently, i use one can that i got as valentine sweet box for one deck.

i use cloth for it when i do readings. a lavender color with a little shining. it is made for oracle cards.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B011QO2QAU/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o5_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

i have 2 of this. one for work, one for home.

and i carry a small cloth of pink purple double side of color with a little shine.

how about you?

I have a bright-colored cotton Tibetan zipper bag that holds a large black silky antique head scarf (popular in the 40s era) I use for a table cover, a small silver Victorian magnifyiing glass (for reading small-print booklets), and a small dark-pink thin-cotton pull-string bag that holds a crystal dowsing pendulum in a silver finding, and an amethyst crystal in the largest of two compartments. In the other smaller compartment with a separate zipper are the miniature Rider Waite, the Orakelspielkarten Lenormand, and the Vera Sibilla Oracle. It has a long, thin-cotton shoulder strap for carrying on my shoulder or across my chest.

blue_fusion

Padded zip bags/pouches seem to be popular nowadays. They're very handy to put in bags, etc., and the padding helps protect the deck.

I make decorative cardboard boxes for my tarot decks and I am planning to set aside one weekend to make one for my non-tarot ones. I'm going to modify some of the designs I have made in the past (like the attached sample. The size is great for a bridge sized deck but I might need to make it slightly wider for a poker-sized one).

Attachments

• LOUIS COMFORT TIFFANY INSPIRED BOX.jpg
    LOUIS COMFORT TIFFANY INSPIRED BOX.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 195

Ruby Jewel

Padded zip bags/pouches seem to be popular nowadays. They're very handy to put in bags, etc., and the padding helps protect the deck.

I make decorative cardboard boxes for my tarot decks and I am planning to set aside one weekend to make one for my non-tarot ones. I'm going to modify some of the designs I have made in the past (like the attached sample. The size is great for a bridge sized deck but I might need to make it slightly wider for a poker-sized one).

These boxes are beautiful and look to be well-made.... is that cardboard painted with acrylic paint?

blue_fusion

These boxes are beautiful and look to be well-made.... is that cardboard painted with acrylic paint?

Thanks! The foundation of the structure is ilustration board - cardboard used by illustrators, then i glued kraft paper to its surface and painted it with black acrylic. Then varnished over the top. :D the metallic colors are actually from metallic pens, and the varnish really helped keep their ink intact.

Grizabella

Yesterday when I was at Walmart, I found a little plastic box with snap closures on each end that just perfectly hold my Mystical and Gilede Reverie both. I got it so I can carry my small Lenormands in my purse if I go somewhere. It was only 98 cents or something cheap like that.

The little boxes blue fusion makes are beautiful. They look very sturdy, too. And I like that the finish almost looks like laquer and is protective of the painting.

I make beaded felt boxes for some of my decks. I guess I should post a photo of those, but I don't know if anyone else here beads and would be interested.