Full Solar Eclipse Aug 21st 2017 (US)

Amsonia

A huge swath of the United States will be able to witness a full solar eclipse on August 21st 2017.

(I hope this is the right place for this thread, if not I apologize and request it be moved to the most appropriate forum. Thanks Mods :love:)

I wanted to start a thread to discuss. If there is interest, we could do more than one thread and index them here.

Please feel free to chime in on your ideas about it's astrology implications,
spiritual meanings and discussion, ways you are going to celebrate / view (are you driving somewhere? holding a ceremony?, etc.) anything else related to this unique event.

The last time a full solar eclipse in my neck of the woods happened in 1977! I still remember it, it's pretty powerful!

I've been looking forward to this for 40 years and am just getting excited, would love to hear from anyone else who is getting excited too!

CosmicBeing

Didn't know this....So excited. I never saw a full solar eclipse.....I'll still be too north to see the full effect.

Have you looked up your birthchart to see where the solar eclipse will happen in the chart for you?

I suppose a solar eclipse....effect on you will be determined where it is happening in your chart...

The Total solar eclipse March 9th 2016...I ended it with someone and created a lot of endings in my life.

Not sure what this one will bring.

My chart calculator is showing it on August 22nd.

CosmicBeing

Some stuff I found
The August 21, 2017, solar eclipse is associated with Saros series number 145. This extremely important family of eclipses started in 1639, but this family didn’t produce a total eclipse until 1927. Since then, each one has been associated with breakthroughs in aeronautics, television and satellite communications and the political division known as the Cold War.

Geographically, the August 2017 eclipse will be the first total eclipse that moves across the entire continent of the US since June 8, 1918. It will stress the importance of quickly containing any contagious outbreaks, as this was also the time that the Spanish Flu pandemic was first detected at Fort Riley in Texas. But, with cyber warfare ever present, we must look at a new kind of bug: the computer virus.

Last, this eclipse occurs near the fixed star Regulus, one of the four royal ancient stars of Persia. The fall of important leaders or statesmen must be factored in with this star near the eclipse. For Australia, it will oppose the Venus (vales) and Saturn (land) of our First Settlement horoscope, and have a downward effect on mining and property values. As this is the only total solar eclipse of the year, it holds dominance over all others.
I heard regulus plays a major role in Donald trumps birth chart.

The last word is a personal one. The time of eclipses can be used to symbolically clear and cleanse stagnant areas of your own life. New initiatives are in season, especially if you are born around February 26 or August 21. Home and relationship changes are favoured if your birthday falls on or near the February 11 or August 7 lunar eclipse. May you utilise the eclipse to powerfully refocus and turn shadows into light.

I can't say for the symbolic clear and cleanse of stagnant areas as well as new initiatives because I am born around February 26th.

https://www.wellbeing.com.au/mind-spirit/astrology/discover-eclipses-2017-mean.html

Things to look at when comparing the Lunation charts to your own:

Houses that the Sun and Moon are transiting in your natal chart.
What aspects do the Sun and Moon make to your natal planets? Are the majority of those aspects easy or hard?
Astrologers also look at the transits to the Lunation charts, particularly to the Moon.

Full Moons and Lunar Eclipses bring issues in our lives to fulfillment. Our emotions are heightened, and there is often some sort of drama involved with the house, sign, and any contacted planets activated by the Full Moon. Look to 22-23 degrees of Leo and Aquarius in your own chart (allow up to about a 5 degree orb when examining the planets and points it aspects). This Lunar Eclipse gives us a cosmic push to make needed changes in our lives. The areas of life activated by the eclipse may see dramatic turns, after which the path is clear to move forward. Note that whatever happens at this time is nothing truly new. The issues have been brewing inside of us, and emotions have been building. Something comes to light at the time of the Lunar Eclipse, and if we get in touch with our emotions, we can get a better idea of what needs to change, or what needs to go.

This Lunar Eclipse in Leo is bound to thrust us into a state of heightened awareness of flaws in our romantic relationships, relationships with children, and creative activities. The Leo Moon is bold, creative, expressive, and loving, but can also be melodramatic and egoistic. Decisions made now are emotionally-driven. Some of us will be irritable and won’t know exactly why. Others will be moved towards romantic declarations or revelations. Still others will be walking around in a kind of daze, seeing only what they want to see while their common sense or objectivity is temporarily “eclipsed”.

With the Moon full and bright in the sky, symbolic “illumination” occurs in our own lives. However, these new feelings and revelations are emotional ones, as there is a sense of emotions bursting forth into our consciousness. It’s time to express ourselves, and to let things out of our systems. Of course, we might want to exercise some care while doing so, knowing that what is coming out of us is new and not particularly rational as yet.

This eclipse is one of the first in a series of eclipses that fall along the Leo-Aquarius axis. It can be viewed as one of several cosmic pushes regarding the themes it is stimulating. This is a time to clear up past patterns that have been holding us back from personal fulfillment. The greater awareness of problems and especially lacks or flaws in our relationships that have been stimulated with recent eclipses can motivate us to take action.

On February 10, 1971, February 9, 1990, and February 9, 2009, a Lunar Eclipse fell in Leo at a similar degree as the one occurring this year. It might be helpful to think back to issues in your life that were in effect around these times (if you can remember back that far) in order to get an idea of how this 2017 Lunar Eclipse affects you.

The following lists the set of eclipses falling along the Leo-Aquarius axis only (there were other eclipses between these – the full chronological list of eclipses is at the end of this page):

Penumbral LUNAR Eclipse 2016 August 18 5:26:31 25 Aquarius 52 (this has been downgraded – it was an almost-eclipse)
Penumbral LUNAR Eclipse 2017 February 10 19:32:49 22 Leo 28
Partial LUNAR Eclipse 2017 August 7 14:10:33 15 Aquarius 25
Total SOLAR Eclipse 2017 August 21 14:30:06 28 Leo 53
Total LUNAR Eclipse 2018 January 31 8:26:39 11 Leo 37
Partial SOLAR Eclipse 2018 February 15 16:05:07 27 Aquarius 08
Total LUNAR Eclipse 2018 July 27 16:20:15 4 Aquarius 45
Partial SOLAR Eclipse 2018 August 11 5:57:38 18 Leo 42
Total LUNAR Eclipse 2019 January 21 0:15:58 0 Leo 52

https://cafeastrology.com/lunationseclipses.html

If you read the rest of it it lets you know how it will affect the house it falls in.

Amsonia

Didn't know this....So excited. I never saw a full solar eclipse.....I'll still be too north to see the full effect.

Have you looked up your birthchart to see where the solar eclipse will happen in the chart for you?

I suppose a solar eclipse....effect on you will be determined where it is happening in your chart...

The Total solar eclipse March 9th 2016...I ended it with someone and created a lot of endings in my life.

Not sure what this one will bring.

My chart calculator is showing it on August 22nd.

Hmm, it's definitely on August 21st.

I have my birth chart somewhere, but I couldn't figure out how to read it past the very basics, and I have no idea really how to figure out where the eclipse is on it...I guess I have a few months to figure that out.

Is there some straightforward way to find out where it will be in my chart, and online calculator or app or something?

CosmicBeing

Hmm, it's definitely on August 21st.

I have my birth chart somewhere, but I couldn't figure out how to read it past the very basics, and I have no idea really how to figure out where the eclipse is on it...I guess I have a few months to figure that out.

Is there some straightforward way to find out where it will be in my chart, and online calculator or app or something?

What house is Leo for you?
From your ascendent and from your moon?

I think the eclipse is around leo 23

Amsonia

good question, that will take some research and time for me to figure out. Will get back to you on that.

CosmicBeing

good question, that will take some research and time for me to figure out. Will get back to you on that.

just go to astro.com and put in your birthdata

It's a free system. When you find it you can press the second link I posted and read up on the eclipse and how it may affect you.

Amsonia

just go to astro.com and put in your birthdata

It's a free system. When you find it you can press the second link I posted and read up on the eclipse and how it may affect you.

My brother's birthday is the actual day of the eclipse...so that's also going to be an interesting one to research for me.

decan

(...)
I heard regulus plays a major role in Donald trumps birth chart. (...)

You are right, I think his Ascendant is on Regulus (very good star with regard to Success and Money).
An Eclipse is disruptive, not good at all, and so particularly for Trump...
"Impeachment"?

Amsonia

Some stuff I found
The August 21, 2017, solar eclipse is associated with Saros series number 145. This extremely important family of eclipses started in 1639, but this family didn’t produce ....edited for length....If you read the rest of it it lets you know how it will affect the house it falls in.

Wow!!!! This is an amazing and informative post, somehow I missed the entirety of it when I refreshed this thread the first time...but I just wanted to thank you, there is a lot to digest there and I look forward to more posts on this thread over the upcoming pre-eclipse months!