The whole deck

Zephyros

Does anyone know of a site where I can see the entire Gay Tarot?

Zephyros

Thanks, Lee, only now I'm sorry I asked since now I find that I MUST have this deck!!!!

VisionQuest

Ok, so...

I finally got my deck...(yaye!) ...but I don't have a scanner. So I'm working on taking pics with my digital camera, they're not great pics, but I figured it would have to do for now. It might take me a while, but I've started to add them to the above link, as well as leaving up the ones I found on other sites.

Again, the pics don't really do the cards justice...and my cards are a little warped for some reason, so if the cards look a little distorted, that's why lol

www.geocities.com/tarotstuffs/gay

sharpchick

I'm not a gay man, but the more I see and read of this deck, the more I know I have to add it to my collection. I have some very dear friends who are older gay men in a long term relationship, and it has always touched my heart to hear them talk about how bittersweet it has been to have to remember with whom they can be open about their relationship. I marvel at the contrast in "openness" between this couple and another, younger couple I know. (We do live in Arkansas, however, and that can still be dangerous for openly gay men and lesbians.)

For the last 16 years, I have made my living by advocating for another disenfranchised group of people - people with disabilities. Virtually every image I've seen of the individual cards calls to me in some way. Although I don't know if Lee intended it or not, the symbolism of the cards is (for me) a universal one of carrying on with life when it seems that the majority are doing their best to make that task as difficult as possible.

I'm really glad to be able to have access to this forum, as the in-depth disucssion of the deck here is quite enlightening and prepares me for the day when I add this deck to my (for now) small collection. Thanks.

Fulgour

sharpchick said:
For the last 16 years, I have made my living by advocating for another disenfranchised group of people - people with disabilities. Virtually every image I've seen of the individual cards calls to me in some way. Although I don't know if Lee intended it or not, the symbolism of the cards is (for me) a universal one of carrying on with life when it seems that the majority are doing their best to make that task as difficult as possible.
That is such a good point! How often are people with
disabilities, or even simply old age, used for comedy?
I have personal reasons to be saddened, even angry
sometimes at the cheap ruthlessness. It isn't always
easy but upholding human dignity is worth any effort.