My new blog

stellar4

Just taken another look - the text is much easier to see. Excellent insightful content too!

Laurelle

Thank you so much Abrac. I think that your blog is a great idea. The knowledge and intellect that you have is indispensable and should be shared.

And I do agree that there is a lot of parroting the symbolism that is incorrect. Even I have been guilty of doing this, though I wasn't aware.

I have since taken up your position, and have become more interested in reading occult documents and finding the hidden truth.

Like in Death.....that's the sacral spine/kundalini.....it's not just some "white flower' on his black flag.

And in Temperance, those are Iris's NOT lilies like I've heard on AF. More than once I've heard of those flowers as lilies. They are NOT!

The goddess Iris was the goddess of rainbows.... :)

I've even thought of forming some kind of organization that fact checks tarot websites. Then we can give them a stamp of approval from our organization. lol. But seriously, there some major misinformation out there. And then there;s the whole "tarot is whatever it means to the individual....." ummm .....actually no. Those are occult symbolism that are universal because there is subconscious universal information.

That was my brief rant.

I am always learning, so I appreciate a blog like yours. Seriously, always learning. Always evolving. Always reading.

Thanks,

Laurelle

Email me any time at tarotheaven at gmail

Abrac

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laurelle.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the idea Waite was an occultist and his symbolism can be understood by recourse to occult interpretation. He used symbolism that derived from many different sources, including occultism, but what's important is the meaning he attributed those symbols. It all goes back to Christian mysticism. His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church. :)

Nemia

Thank you for the link! Bookmarked it already! I wish you success. I'll continue to follow your writing.

foolMoon

His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church. :)

Why did he have to wrte an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church?

and Why is it still the one true Church?

The Happy Squirrel

Ah. I came across this and did not realize it is yours :) Abrac, are you on Tarot History Forum?

The Happy Squirrel

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Laurelle.

I think a lot of people are still stuck in the idea Waite was an occultist and his symbolism can be understood by recourse to occult interpretation. He used symbolism that derived from many different sources, including occultism, but what's important is the meaning he attributed those symbols. It all goes back to Christian mysticism. His Hidden Church of the Holy Graal is little more than an apologetic for the Roman Catholic Church; a church that has lost the hidden keys, but still the one true Church. :)

*taking a mental note to self and bookmarking your blog*

Thank you!

Abrac

No I'm not registered on the THF. Are you? The last time I tried to register it said they weren't accepting new members. I go there and read occasionally.

CharlotteK

No I'm not registered on the THF. Are you? The last time I tried to register it said they weren't accepting new members. I go there and read occasionally.
I just registered a couple of hours ago. I am sure I read today that Le Pendu has made registering easier in light of AF closing.

The Happy Squirrel

Yes. They have fixed it now :) So you can now register :) I really do hope to see you there :D