Favorite Extant TdM?

surpeti

I think Yves' Madenie is beautiful. Up until two days ago there would have been no other contenders. But I just got my package with both the Tarot de Paris and the Vieville (from Sivilixi in France--very fast service to USA). Note there's a newly created Tarot de Paris that is NOT this.

You gotta love the devil in the Vieville (most of the majors can be seen at http://newsletter.tarotstudies.org/2007/04/beginners-eyes-vieville/ ). I might not want to meet him in person, but he's kind of a hoot. The faces on all the majors are really expressive. I know, I said that about the Madenie too--and it's still true.

And the intriguing scenes in the Tarot de Paris, the borders, the way-cool cutlass-type swords--where to begin?:bugeyed:

So I guess these three.

Pam O

the Albideuter page with TdM Magicians came in very handy. :) It's especially curious to see what the various Bateleurs have on their tables, and those vary from the basic cups and pebbles on Este to many (many!) implements on some tables, notably Vandenborre. The latter even features what looks like a deck of cards, with the Ace of Hearts on top!

This TdM page of card comparisons is referred to in a different thread, a TdM Study Group thread. I did not know Albideuter.com had comparison pages for just TdM cards, so I just thought I would share this link for any others who might enjoy it.

3ill.yazi

Man, the more people post, the more confused I get! I was poised for the CDB --I think I finally reached the conclusion that I ultimately don't like the Noblet, as much as it is beloved by so many-- but then I started looking at the faces, and they do seem uniformly cheerful.

I might just stick to my Heron Conver for a while. I was thinking of getting another TdM because the faces are a little light/worn in the otherwise beautiful Heron facsimile. Urgh.

Philippe

You cannot go wrong by choosing the Heron. It's the one which has the most beautiful and meaningful colours. I appreciate particularly its green and its sky blue.
I find the faces in the Dodal very expressive but it's a much more rougher deck of course.

3ill.yazi

You cannot go wrong by choosing the Heron. It's the one which has the most beautiful and meaningful colours. I appreciate particularly its green and its sky blue.
I find the faces in the Dodal very expressive but it's a much more rougher deck of course.

Thank you. I think I was needing a little dis-enabling. :)

MoonGypsy

My 2 favorites that i still have in my dwindling collection are:

My Robledo TdM [Hola, Pablo! :D] hands down...and my quirky Tarot de Maria Celia

Those 2 give me a lot of joy...

eltarot78

Hola MoonGypsy, I find it quite gratifying to know that yet you keep taking you well with TdM Robledo

did not know the Tarot de Maria Celia
I think it gave me love at first sight
it looks completely beautiful and friendly images to read
How about you are the readings?