Tabula Mundi Tarot: formerly Tarot "M"

Babalon Jones

I feel your anxiety lol. One hopes that there are at least enough people that will support the project with more then just energy and good vibes. I have seen several well thought out Kickstarters fall short. We just got to keep banging the drums till its there.

So I have creative question for you. You do the ink work on frosted acetate, but how do you apply the color?

That's the spirit!!

The images are first drawn on the frosted acetate with pen, over a pencil guideline. The pencil gets erased then I paint the colors directly onto the acetate with colored India inks, with a small brush. At that point, the black and white drawings no longer exist except as scans, as I've painted over them.

So it is nerve wracking as I am painting the only originals and I don't want to ruin them!

Sometimes the ink takes several layers depending on the color(s) and desired effect involved. Some ink colors are very transparent, so the black and white shading shows through. Some inks are more opaque, so for those I have to redo the pen on top after it dries. Applying the colors on one can take around 8hours. Some more some less, that is an average. So with 52 left to paint the colors on, it will be quite some time until I have a complete set of painted images for a color version of the deck.

I will film a time lapse of that process at some point. But I probably won't even be able to start that until after these get published, assuming they do. I am really looking forward to the painting part, that is the fun part for me, though I do agonize over color selection. Though I follow the GD color scales I still have to make decisions about what color goes where for best effect.

Babalon Jones

Hah just checked the total and if one more person gets a 78 card early bird deck, the total will have the number of the beast, (a solar number!) plus a zero for the fool :cool4:

So, making progress, little by little. I also reduced the Grand Poobah sponsorship, and will continue to do so until we meet the goal as we get closer, in the hopes an angel will get us there.

Babalon Jones

ah well the beast's number didn't come up :p
passed it though, and got a little closer
I hate to say it, but I am not cut out for promotion, I just want to make the art

inanna_tarot

YEY!! backed it :D

So so so so glad you are doing a black and white deck :D

Deoiridh

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...-nox-et-lux-ed-a-picture-of-the/posts/1238857

Monday the 25th is World Towel Day and World Tarot Day. If you end up traveling through a wormhole, bring a towel! The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy says it is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. :joke:

I used it as an excuse to post about the Death card "So long, and thanks for all the Fish!"

I loved that post! I'm so excited about this deck and I'm still talking it up in my tarot groups on FB. :cool2:

starlightexp

I'm hoping to repost up things on Monday letting people to support World Tarot Day by supporting this deck :)

Babalon Jones

I'm hoping to repost up things on Monday letting people to support World Tarot Day by supporting this deck :)

Thank you for doing so, we are so close! I am working to finish the book and almost there, in the hopes that we make it. Next thing is to design a box for them. Then if there is time, I may add a LWB but as of now there is just the big book. I hope World Tarot Day does the trick! Have a great weekend all whatever you may do :cool4: