Sacred Circle Study Group Off To a New Start!

magpie9

It's all Red Emma's fault!
She posted a question about the rebith/Judgement card in this deck, and we had so much fun that the whole deck is now up for review!

The Plan ( in as much as we have one) is to do the cards in order of
  • Puzzlement
  • Interest
  • Random Draw
And so far no decision has been made as to how long we spend on any card or much other left-brain stuff.

One of the semi-left brain things I am hoping for is that we do this delving into the Celtic Symbology that makes this deck so rich, and so different than the RWS decks - it only looks like a clone. Really.

We already have a thread on Rebirth/Justice, and one on the Icky-ness of the Images, (BADDDD Red Emma..) and will split off one on the Warrior/Strength hopefully later today, or anyway, soon.

We hope lots of you will want to get involved in this study group!
:D :D BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!:D ;)

floracove

Well last night I had the chance to sit down and pick out the swords from my deck.
(been busy, searching for online work, as well as reading; here and there)

So are we gonna go ahead and work with the swords?
Or have you all already done that and I need to just catch up with the rest of you?

magpie9

Hi floracove,
Actually we're working with the "Warrior" right now. The swords are there from a previous incarnation of this group, that Sulis kindly dug up and indexed for us. I' m sure we will be going through them and adding to them in time, but for now, we're doing the cards in the order of puzzlement, Interest, random draw.

Red Emma was puzzeled about the warrior, so we're doing her. Next we'll do another card that someone else finds real puzzeling, or very interesting...if there isn't one of those, we'll do a random draw for a card to do next.

We just thought it would be more intersting to do it this way than to be methodical about it.

I really really Hope this will work for you, and all of us.

Hope to see you on the Warrior thread with what you think of the Warrior/Strength card other than her outfit! :D :D :D (I personally think we've done a thourough job on her outfit, being women...:D)

There are a lot of questions about this card that we havent hardly touched on at all. What does she say to you, what do you think her life is like, how does she express strength to you, since she is so different from the traditional strength? Come to that, does she express strength to you, at all? Why does she have her sword up? Do you think she relates to todays women warriors, or the onbgoing multi-cultural tradition of Spiritual warriors?

I'm really hoping that people will get into talking about each of the cards in more depth. We all have so much to teach each other, each coming from our unique perspective :)

edited for typos and desperate lack of humor :D

Fulgour

Organic Overlays

magpie9 said:
I'm really hoping that people will get into talking about each of the cards in more depth. We all have so much to teach each other, each coming from our unique perspective.
When the Sacred Circle Tarot first came into my life,
in many ways I was ready for it, and liked it just as is.
I'd never seen a deck done using such realistic images,
taken from life and design studio edited and enhanced.

The effect was very powerful and strikingly immediate.
Even with the profusion of similar decks, those first
moments with this Tarot are still vividly remembered.

The strongest impression I had was that here was a deck
that could stand on its own and speak for itself, its world.
I never think of traditional Le Tarot de Marseille attributes.

Layouts with these cards are especially fun to do because
the corners can be overlapped, forming an organic whole.

Jewel-ry

I have just read a few of your posts and I think I will try to follow along and chip in when I can. Hope thats OK? I'm off to bed now and will have a little look at the Warrior to see if I can add anything tomorrow ;)

~