What are your favorite scents?

greatdane

Sounds yummy, Caridwen!

I'm not terribly handy, so look for places to buy from. I love patchouli soap, even though the scent disappears very quickly. If I just then rub a few drops of a good patchouli oil on my hands and rubs along arms right out of shower, seems to stay a bit bitter. Hard to get that inbetween....where you can still smell it, but it's not overwhelming particularly to those around one!

greatdane

Reviving this thread because I want to use diffuser sticks

THIS sounded great...in theory....these "library" scents, but some said expensive and can barely smell it. It's not that I want to be overwhelmed by scent, but if you can't get a light whiff unless you're on top of it....

http://www.amazon.com/Paddywax-Coll...03211584&sr=8-2&keywords=paddywax+library+poe

A lot liked it, but I think maybe buying my own diffuser sticks and hitting Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs might work better for me.

Anyone else use diffuser sticks and have any favorites oil combos, or single oils, they like to use?

Sometimes incense or candles are not a good option. I don't leave anything burning if I'm not right in the room. Diffuser sticks would really be a great solution.

I wanted something you don't have to plug in or have a candle under.

Briar Rose

What Vampire series do you love?

I have changed a little about scents. I still love Rose and Lavender. But I can't stand the synthetic fragrances any more. I think I'd have to try reacquire wearing them if I found one I liked. I do love still love the fragrance line, Calypso by Christiane Celle. It's only sold in boutiques and cruise ship shops. I think they must use natural oils mostly.

I do still like the leafy greens.

I have essential lavender oil that I would like to mix with pure almond oil, but I don't know how many drops to use (in those little brown bottles). Any suggestions?

greatdane

Not a series, Briar Rose...a movie...

Only Lovers Left Alive with Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston from Thor.

It's all over the home page of Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab with scents to match.

Briar Rose

oh nice, thank you.

celticnoodle

I don't use scents on my cards, or while meditating. I hve to be careful with scents as we have so many allergies. That said, I do have my faves however.

Lemon. I LOVE the smell of lemons. I use lemony scents to clean with--mostly Mr. Clean. I dilute it with water to dust with too--its okay to use on wood even, as long as you also wipe it afterwards with a dry cloth. I wash my floors with it too. Adore the smell of it. :D

I also like the smell of apples and cinnamon. I do find candles of this scent and its okay for us.

lilacs, though I cannot bring in the real deal and put them in vases. I am highly allergic to the lilacs we have in our yard. I have stood too close to our lilac "tree" (about 20 feet plus tall and very large around) and break out in hives. :( But, lilac candles are also okay).

its all I can think of right at this posting, but there are probably more too. But, I do not use air fresheners and I don't put anything fragrant on my cards or stones, or anything like that.

Darkmage

I love sandalwood, aloeswood, frankincense, dragon's blood, and a lot of the other woody sorts of scents.

Every year I put in a big order at Nippon Kodo. They always have a huge Cyber Monday sale where everything is usually 30% or more off, and since my birthday is December 1st, it's my present to myself. Their Hinoki is wonderful, as is their Eiju Sandalwood and Kayuragi Aloeswood. I actually don't care much for their higher-end aloeswoods because they're not as strong. Gozan-Koh is another favourite by them. It smells just like the reading room at the Library of Congress. I kid you not.

Shoyeido also makes some good basic incenses. I find these over at Whole Foods, usually. They tend to be heavier on the sandalwood and cinnamon than NK's lines.

Kohshi out of San Francisco sells all of this stuff and more. One of these days I need to get up there and check out their shop.

I just have to be careful with the stuff I burn on charcoal. A lot of it generates a lot of smoke and I'm asthmatic. :( I like the Japanese (and to a lesser extent Chinese and Korean) incense styles because there's also no bamboo core so they don't generate a lot of smoke. I get a nice scent that lasts for some time.

I'm not a big fan of florals. They usually smell synthetic and cheap. They also tend to be really strong, at least at first, and override everything else. Cheap cones from India are really good at hiding things like cooking and cat box odours, though, so YMMV.

Calcifer

I get the majority of my incenses from Scents of Earth, and I use them to concoct a "divination incense".... Typically I mix Labdanum, Black Copal, and Monastery Rose. A truly heavenly smell :). I've also been known to throw some Royal Green Hojary into the mix - just to jazz it up (if I have the $$, that is).

Also, as I tend to credit my divination efforts to the Moon, I also make an anointing oil from Rose Absolute, Clary Sage, and White Camphor. This can also be heated on an oil diffuser with a tea light candle. I've had LOTS of compliments on the scent during readings. Both of these scents do a great job of supplying a wonderful ambience to my reading space... in a pinch though, I always have some quality sandalwood on hand :).

Michael

freyaisunavailable

I love Nag Champa, but I don't really burn incense because I think it would bother my birds. Luckily there are Nag Champa perfumes and oils!
I love the smell of cards and bookstores, but the couple of book perfumes I have tried have disappointed. Demeter's Paperback really smells like some pulp paperback from the 70s or 80s, with porous, yellowed pages that have started to smell all musky.

My favorite perfume is Black Tourmaline. http://www.basenotes.net/fragrancereviews/fragrance/26129349