View Single Post
Resident

elysgrl 

I am so envious of the extensive tarot libraries I've seen on this thread! As an unrepentant bibliophile, I'm practically drooling. I've only been doing tarot for a month, and I already have six books. They are:

--Tarot for Dummies by Amber Jayanti. The first one I bought. I love her relaxed style, but I confess I skipped the chapters on the Qabala, numerology, astrology and alchemy. I do plan on going back to those, but I wanted to learn the basics first.

--Tarot for Your Self by Mary Greer. Slowly working my way through this one. Doing the exercise on lifetime year cards literally had me shaking when I realized how all the stages of my life have matched up perfectly with my ten-year tarot cycles.

--Power Tarot by Trish MacGregor and Phyllis Vega. Over 100 spreads! Woo hoo! Plus I like how they provide different interpretations for different categories of questions (i.e work, romance, health, etc.).

--Learning the Tarot by Joan Bunning. Tried to do this course online and save myself the 20 bucks, but it's just not the same. I need the paper.

--Tarot Plain and Simple by Anthony Louis. My latest purchase. This will be a good look-it-up type of book, plus I like the fact that he uses the Robin Wood deck for illustrative purposes. That's the deck I use for my personal tarot work.

--The Gilded Tarot Companion by Barbara Moore. Came with my Gilded Deck as part of the set. A little slim.

Of course, my wish list far exceeds my collection, but I'll get there. Especially if I keep up the pace of six books a month........

Blessings,
Denise
Top   #42