View Single Post
Resident

QDaniTeasieL 

I haven't had much time to look through alot of my books because of my schedule, but they have for the most part gave me some insight.

Bunning, Joan. Tarot Reversals. I like this book because it doesn't look at reversals as total opposite to the upright meanings, but as energy that needs to be redirected. Very Good.

Gray, Eden. A Complete Guide to the Tarot
I used to look at it alot when I first started out, but now it's in the bookshelf gathering dust. I feel as if it's too simple and gives too many cut-and-dry meanings.

Lenard, Lisa, and Tognetti, Arlene. The Complete Idiot's Guide to Tarot and Fortune-Telling. Very helpful, and both authors do a great job of walking the "complete idiot" through alot of the symbolism and concepts behind the cards. I also like how it covers other systems such as numerology and tea leaf reading. However, it focuses too much on RWS, and does not mention Crowley or Thoth ANYWHERE, which I find a bit odd. I understand that RWS is universal, but it mentions only the decks published by U.S. Games, and skips other companies...I know there is a second edition available that covers Tarot specifically, but I haven't the funds to check it out.

Lionnet, Annie. Secrets of Tarot. This is a great little book for those who are completely new to Tarot. It covers card meanings and the history of Tarot briefly, and does have pictures of cards from many different decks. However, Lionnet is not a Tarot expert. She studied astrology, and became interested in Tarot while pursuing her diploma. She obviously did alot of research, but I would prefer to read a book by an expert.

Peach, Emily. Understanding and Using Tarot. It is helpful, but I feel as if it's very dry. Peach gives the reader outdated and superstitious tips on handling the cards, like "If your friends want to handle and examine Tarot cards then(and they will, if they see you and examining yours!) then they must buy a Deck of their own." Although she says that you don't have to follow convention, this is in a way probably going to turn people off from the Tarot because people already have their own preconceived notions.

Warwick-Smith, Kate. The Tarot Court Cards. I like how she tries to help us visualize ourselves in each court card, and helps us understand them better by recognizing who in our lives have qualities similar to each archetype in the cards.

I would love to purchase more books, but I don't have time or money, so this is why my library is rather small right now.
Top   #46