positive card in negative position in the spread

ravenest

Good question.

And a nice spread! You're off-and-flying as a reader.

Depends on the card, the spread, and the circumstances.

What I would do with that particular card in that particular spread for that question is this:

The World card is about reaching the end of a cycle, generally speaking. So one of the negative things that studying philosophy will bring "you", is that you will have to reassess your lifestyle and beliefs, and leave some of them behind in the past. This might *sound* like positive growth, but it can be quite painful, especially if it leaves you at odds with loved ones that you've always agreed with before you studied philosophy.

:thumbsup:

One of the things that can effect people this way (as you say) in such subjects ( philosophy, anthropology, comparative religion, etc ) is the 're-focus' of the ' one reality' of the ego/self POV ... theirs is just ONE reality / POV. For example, many people, think of their thought processes and 'world view' as 'the way it is', when they learn they somehow picked up Logical Positivism and that is just one expression, some of them spin a bit (and go into 'orbit' :laugh:) - especially noticed in comparative religion studies - I have seen people's world (religious view) end there ... and also a refusal to take in the view point and walk out of lectures (hence bringing a rapid end to their just started new world / career as a minister or pastor).

OaksWhispering

I think nisaba said it best.

And just a tip that helped me as a beginner, it might be good for you to not think of cards as positive or negative. Look at each of your cards and try to find both negative and positive meanings to each card. This will really broaden things for you when you do readings, especially for times like this when a "positive" card comes up in a negative position. (Or when a negative card comes up in a positive position) I like to consider both negative and positive aspects to each card especially since I do not use reversals.