Motherpeace Tarot anyone?

FortunaB

Motherpeace Study Group - 2007

I'm new to Acelectic Tarot and weaving my way through the web pages is somewhat random.

I'm very interested in joining a Motherpeace Study Group, this webpage seems to indicate a group beginning in 2005...... is the group still operating? Are you taking new members? It seems to me that the symbols and imagery of Motherpeace is of great relevance to the health and future of our land and planet.

I'm happy to learn and join/create a network.

Cheers

Fortuna B

being_chrysalis

well I've been gone awhile - on to other things in real life..

truth be told.. the group never got off the ground too much..

anyone still interested? I'd love to do a card-by-card study group

FortunaB

Hi Chrysalis - yes I'm happy to!

So far it seems as if two of us may be interested in doing a card - by card study. I'm currently working through Vicki's suggestion of an "apprenticeship" by reading the cards for one year and one day. Started about a week or so ago. Vicki's suggestion is to divide the cards into three separate groupings - Major Arcana, "People" cards, and number cards. Then draw one card from each deck on a regular/daily basis. I'm finding daily a bit overwhelming, however, I manage to draw a new reading every 2nd day. Whilst it is great reflective practice, I think I'd gain more by "talking" with others about the cards.

Seems my chances of finding people nearby are less than the greater opportunity of the "universe" provided by the internet.

Perhaps you and I might begin a "new" thread..... that is if I'm understanding the way this website operates.... and then others could join us along the way. How regularly would you like to operate? Do you suggest we draw a random card from the deck or work systematically through a suit, or Major/people/number....? this is fun.

I must admit to relying heavily on the original Vicki Noble "Motherpeace: A Way to the Goddess through Myth, Art and Tarot" to understand the imagery and I'm less strong on the "tarot" side of the reading aspect.

I really would enjoy the opportunity to interact with you and any others who wish to join us.

Regards

FortunaB

mystic mal

Growing old with Motherpeace

I obtained the Motherpeace deck on a trip to Glastonbury in England with a bunch of like minded friends back in 1991.I had just come out of a 21 year strife filled marraige and that book almost became my "bible".Although I have never read for people with it,It was a huge eye opener for my own "self" awareness.
I would be happy to join you in your study group when it gets off the ground too.

being_chrysalis

random reminders -.-

somehow I only get emails about this (or other) threads at random so I missed your response fortuna (sry) but got the next one.

sounds great!

Motherpeace was my first deck ever and I love it.

I like your idea of one card every other day.. and you're right, a new thread would be a good idea? I think you are much more versed in the boards (I'm kinda rusty) so if you want to make one and post a link here we can follow you. :)

Sulis

Hi Folks,

Here is a link to the index of threads so far in this study group: http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=49474
It looks as if the group only discussed The Fool and The Magician.

Please feel free to add to the existing threads or to start new ones.
You may find this thread useful: Thinking of starting or joining a study group - guidelines

Could you please let me know by PM when a new thread is started so that I can add it to the index thread?

Thanks
Sulis - Tarot Study Groups moderator

being_chrysalis

multiple ty's for the links.. still getting used to navigating around here again so that was a huge help :)

and yes we'll keep ya updated ^^

FortunaB

Motherpeace group - Being Chrysalis and Mystic Mal

Hi Being Chrysalis and Mystic Mal,

Now we seem to be three. I note we have a note from Sulis about previous threads for Fool and Magician. It seems there is an etiquette not to start over the top of an existing "group thread". The posts appear to be from a few years back, but make interesting reading. It appears if we follow this path, we simply work through the deck starting with the Major arcana and then move on to minors.

Please don't be tricked by my apparent confidence with the "new threads", I'm not that strong with web based communciation. However, from reading the guides provided by Sulis, it appears we simply start a new thread for each card, then fill in our discussion. Chrysalis I'm don't understand how to post so that it also occurs as an email message. My attempt left me interpreting the result as meaning I needed to be a "subscriber", which I assumed meant paying some sort of joining fee. But so far I've not worked that out. So all I know is to post to these threads.

Perhaps we could revisit the Fool and Magician enter our more recent comments and then go on from there. I must admit it feels counter intuitive to have to scroll through the old message before you get to the new posts, but then it is a request to honour what went before. Perhaps as a way of getting to know each other we might share our "Motherpeace" personality and soul cards. Vicki N draws this I think from numerology, but I've found it great in guiding the development of my "self" within the cards.

The personality card is arrive at by adding your "birthday" number eg 12, your birth month number eg October, 10 and your birthyear - eg 1949. That totals 1971 which added across comes to 18 = Moon then 1 + 8 of that card is added giving "Crone". Therefore in my case my "Personality" Card is "Moon" and my "Soul" card is "Crone". No credit for working out my bithday is 1 October 1949. Hence Fortuna (Redux) the Roman goddess of journeys and safe returns. The Moon card is such a strong "anchor" for me because so much of my work life and daily life is about factual practical here-and-now at the expense of my "sharman call" and my strong deeper senses and intuitions. That's why I'm so ready to honour this inner sharman and engage with you in this "game".

My soul card - Crone is so linked to the Moon card that I find it overwhelming. As if I'm being reunited with my whole self. The Crone "wisdom herself, spinning and weaving the thread of life", calling down the power of the moon.

I'll also do my post on the Fool in the next few days. Followed by the Magician. We will then be up and running although I notice Being Chrysalis that you posted to these sites at the outset. I wonder if you will approach the cards differently after this break. Mystic Mal go for it. I too have used the cards as a personal guide a "third" voice outside of my lived experience, and its been great. Once we are together on how and when, then anyone of us can open a new thread for High Priestess.

"World"
Fortuna B

Grizabella

This deck is so complicated to learn that I've started a few times and abandoned the project each time. I'm determined to take it up again, though. It's a very rich deck and just the fact that there's so much to learn is what makes me determined to learn it. I'm just curious about it, I guess, it being the first round deck and one that's associated with feminism.

I have the Playbook and the Motherpeace: A way to the Goddess through myth, art and Tarot to study with. They contain so much information that it's intimidating to take up the study of this deck. I still want to get the other books for the deck, too.

Is the fact that it's so complicated why we don't hear more about it on AT and why this study group isn't doing anything? I suspect that's the reason.

LizA

Is there anyone interested in participating in this study group? I certainly am but will need help from others