GT Spread Cloths

Barleywine

I've been using Laura Tuan's large-size Lenormand Oracle to lay out the house system for my GTs, on which I place the smaller cards for the reading. But this takes time, and when I start reading for clients I want something quicker and easier. I've seen a few different hand-made GT spread cloths on etsy (and, of course, Ciro's are beautiful but too pricey for me). Most of what I've seen I could do just as well myself with my art training, but I still think they would seem amateurish. Has anyone seen decent cloths with printed GT house positions in the $20 - $25 range they can recommend? I'm after an 8x4+4 cloth.

CosmicBeing

You could get some clothe and iron on the houses....

There is certain paper that can be printed on that then can be ironed onto a clothe.

I personally haven't found any that were below 20 bucks. I think there is an old post in this section of someone offering GT spread cloths.

I never felt the need....I just lay them out and when I do my reading on this site I will put the name of the houses for the sitter. So they know the house in which the card sits in.

I feel it probably could be done nicely yourself. You might be even able to get the GT layout online and get it printed out on a heavy duty paper.

Just some thoughts. Wish I had a link that provided you with what you are looking for.

tarotlova

I stuck my Mystique Lenormand on a shiny sliver cardboard so I can lay out my GT on it, but if your travelling it's a bit hard to take around with you :)

decan

You can buy a piece of velvet in a fabric shop and hem it by hand with a needle and thread.
You can ask to your wife how to do that or I'm sure there are tutorials online.

Jen P

Here is a link to what's available on etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/market/grand_tableau

There's a nice white one on there that is professionally printed. The mini one is in your price range, the normal sized one is just over your budget, but you could always contact them to see if they might be able to come down a bit.

I have one of the ones which was hand written - priced at $31. Again, you could see if she'll be able to decrease her price a little. I got mine for $20. It's a little on the small size, but is really the perfect size for most of my decks. I usually use Ciro's, but it's a little on the large size.

Lastly, you can use these links to make your own (if you can sew or maybe make it and take it to a Jo Ann Fabric Shop and see if any of the people there can help you finish it):

http://www.divinewhispers.net/apps/...your-own-lenormand-grand-tableau-spread-cloth

and

http://www.divinewhispers.net/apps/...nd-making-a-larger-grand-tableau-spread-cloth

They are all really quite charming. I wouldn't worry about appearance - the handmade look adds to the experience in my opinion. I made one of these, but don't sew, and never made it to Joanne's yet. ;-)

Good luck!

reall

I was considering making personalized GT Cloths for my Chakra Lenormand with this Printerstudio option http://www.printerstudio.com/unique-ideas/printed-bandana.aspx
but not sure would fabric be right?:) and what template should I use for cards to fit in place?x,x but if there is no decent cloth under 20$ maybe it's worth a try?!x,x so I was thinking to order it in my next PS shopping!^^ :)) note us with your solution!^^ all best!^^:))

@Jen P tnx4links!^^ those DIY cloths look fantastic!^^:))

Barleywine

Thanks for all of the replies! I don't really have a strict budget (other than spousal accounting guidelines :)), so $30 isn't unreasonable. I do want it to be cloth for durability, and the houses would be there for me, not the sitter since I haven't memorized everything yet and I don't want to look them up in the middle of a reading. I've seen the hand-drawn ones but they're a little too casual for me (as an artist I think I can do better). The printed, iron-on ones sound interesting but I'm wondering if they would peel off with repeated rolling and unrolling. The outlines should be just slightly bigger than the 2.75" x 4" cards I use so the house title peeks over the top.

Right now I'm thinking of getting some white canvas material and an indelible black marker, cut out a card template and just trace the house positions onto the cloth. I have enough calligraphic skill to make it look decent. But I was hoping to avoid the work.

Jen P

@Jen P tnx4links!^^ those DIY cloths look fantastic!^^:))

Yes - Donnaleigh has a lot of great ideas. She also has some youtube videos on how to make tarot bags and little rune pouches.

Barleywine

Yes - Donnaleigh has a lot of great ideas. She also has some youtube videos on how to make tarot bags and little rune pouches.

Donnaleigh's approach is what I had in mind for making my own. The satin one on etsy looks good too, and not outrageously priced, if I decide not to make my own. Thanks for the ideas.

reall

luv her approach and videos!^^ lolz ;))