Sabian Symbol Study Group: Aries degree 5 - #5

Elven

:) Welcome to the Sabian Symbol Oracle Study thread!

Please feel free to discuss the Sabian Symbol in this thread, and to ask questions or, explore any aspect of the many interpretions the Symbol holds. Please add your own observations and interpretations too!! The Symbol used in this heading is by Lynda Hill.

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 5
Number: 5

Symbol: A WHITE TRIANGLE IS SEEN; IT HAS GOLDEN WINGS

Elven

I had collected a bit of info about this Symbol in another Sabian Symbol thread at AT - Sabian Symbols History, Info and Atricles - so I thought Id put it in here too.

ARIES 5: A TRIANGLE WITH WINGS.
A WHITE TRIANGLE IS SEEN; IT HAS GOLDEN WINGS.

Studying this symbol, from Lynda Hills book, The Symbol speaks of spiritual ascention, rising above the ordinary, using your natural gifts and finding a new perspective. Uplifting and expanding. Being grounded and aware of reality. Balance and perspective. Inspiration and zeal. Taking off and finding new dimensions.

With some further study I also found that the representation of the TRIANGLE WITH WINGS is used in many ways - but has a tendecy to around certain subjects. This has to do with aviation, especially with the significance of signias and design of aircraft (wings and proportion), coats of arms and emblems, butterflys and insects, constellation patterns, Sailing and boats - especially sail design and also in architecture.
Even the choas theory gives me some insight into butterflys and perpetual triangles!

These Symbols make me think of Elsie Wheeler and her passion for 'aeroplanes', also the little sailing boats that are in Balboa Park and in the ponds of the Garden of Tuileries (Gemini 3).

Some examples for inspiration.

Insignias - emblems for the USA Marines:
Commander, Attack Wing, Pacific Fleet, Winded bomb on globe on black and gold bordered Navy blue triangle
Winged “1” on black bordered triangle.
Numeral “8” and eagle on triangle.
Gold-bordered, Navy triangle w/control tower & gold aviator's wings.
Fig of bird in flight below rainbow on gray bordered 4 ½ In. black triangle.
Gooney Bird in flight above ship & aircraft on red bordered 4 ½ In. Navy blue triangle

A type of plane.
The Triangle is a weird Czech ARF plane. It's super lightweight, with a 24" wingspan, yet supposedly fully aerobatic.

Delta Plane wings
The French made jet, Mirage 2000 has large triangular delta wings. (Delta is a Greek letter that looks like a triangle) The delta wings of this plane provide exceptional high-speed flight performance.

Emblems
Legend of the Foundation of Ancient Mexico City
By AD 1325, according to legend, the wandering Mexica tribe (Aztecs) wished to build a permanent city. They have been told by the gods to build their city in the spot where an eagle, perched on a cactus, would be seen eating a snake. The symbols were found in a region of lakes and islands. It was in this area where the Aztecs founded their great city of Tenochtitlán, right where we have today's Mexico City.
There is an additional feature to this symbol: there is a scarab right on the eagle's chest. The Scarab is a symbol for eternity. We may also notice that an upright equilateral triangle is formed when extrapolating the sides of the eagle's wings upwards, meeting at a point right above the serpent; the base of this imaginary triangle is found by connecting the tips of the wings through an imaginary horizontal line. The upright triangle has been used as a symbol of the three primary forces of the universe, whose names are varied in many cultures and throughout many different times and social circumstances: 1st Logos (represented with the blue color), 2nd Logos (represented in yellow) and 3rd Logos (represented in red); the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit; Sephiroths Kether, Chockmah, and Binah (see the Tree of Life diagram in the Kabbalah section); Brahama, Vishnu, and Shiva; the "positive", the "negative" and the "neutral"; and others. Interestingly, the diverse combinations of these primary colors make up the rest of the colors of the color spectrum of the universe as it is visible to the human eye. All these three principles are nothing but three aspects of the same Beginning, the same Creator. This upright equilateral triangle represents also the ascension of materialism towards spirituality (represented many times by high-altitude birds such as eagles and hawks), the human disposition of transcending gross human imperfection (which causes attachment, desire and suffering) in order to experience permanent conscious complete enlightenment. The eagle devouring the serpent in this figure here represents, thus, within the process of complete enlightenment, the overcoming of human attachment and desire that usually lead to suffering.

Emblems - Coat of arms.
Cox Coat of Arms 3
On a wreath of the colors, an eagle displayed or, the wings vair, holding in each claw three ears of wheat, as in the arms. Motto: Super sidera votum.
(Arms: On a field of gold, a perched golden eagle, facing left, with wings raised, is on an inverted red triangle whose edges are like a silhouette of rounded nail heads fitted together alternating one up and on down all between six ears of wheat torn from the stem, arranged three on each side of the triangle, two crossing each other with on upright ear between them. Mantling: Ornamental drapery colored red and gold. Crest: On a wreath of gold and red, a gold eagle with wings of bell-shaped fur, holding in each claw three ears of wheat positioned the same as in the shield. Motto: My wishes are above the stars.) Traditional coat of arms of Henry Cox of London

Achitecture - Statue/Flight.
The Triangle Icon, which is located at RDU, commemorates the 100th anniversary of powered flight by Orville and Wilbur Wright on December 17, 1903. http://www.rdu.com/news/Stories/icon2.htm

Construction
Tension/compression triangle
Working much like a sling used by riggers for hoisting, triangles of type 1 are formed with two struts and two tendons. The two tension lines run from the end of one strut to the two ends of a second strut. Type 1 triangles always occur in pairs like butterfly wings.

Sails
An easy way to move around in the water is to use a sail. A sail is a piece of cloth on a pole (mast) in a boat. The wind fills the sail with air. The sailboat moves forward.
There must be wind to fill the sail and push the boat. A sail with three corners (triangle) will make the boat go fast.

The Triangle Butterfly
Graphium sarpedon earns its common name from the characteristic turquoise patches in the middle of its forewings and hind wings. The patches form a triangle with the apex pointing toward the tip of the lepidopteran's abdomen. Blue triangle butterflies bred in captivity display greener wing triangles and often lack the brilliance of free, native specimens.

Space: The Summer Triangle - Constellations.
my.voyager.net/~stargazer/telescope.html
The Summer Triangle is very easy to find. Around mid-July the Summer Triangle reaches the zenith, or the highest part of the sky, around 12:30 am EDT. The brightest star of the group is Vega, on the right side of the base of the triangle (as you face south and look upward). Vega is in the constellation Lyra "The Harp." It's difficult to imagine a Lyra since most people don't even know what a Lyra is! So just look for a small triangle, Vega once again being on the right side of the base, and a parallelogram just below the small triangle running north and south.
Eastward from Vega is the next star in the Summer Triangle, Deneb. Deneb basically means "Tail of the swan," telling us that we have come across the constellation Cygnus "The Swan." The bright star closest to Deneb is Sadr. This star marks the mid-body of the swan. Going to the northeast and southwest (Deneb being to the northwest) traces out the wings of the swan. At about the middle of the Summer Triangle is a bright star. The star, Albireo, represents the head of the swan. Albireo is perhaps the most beautiful binary star in the sky. What makes it so wonderful are the colors they reveal through even the smallest of telescopes. The brightest of the pair is a golden yellow and the other a sapphire blue.
The third constellation of the Summer Triangle is southward from Cygnus. The bright star, Altair, marks the head of Aquila "The Eagle." To either side of Altair is another star forming a vertical line of stars. These stars mark the beginning of the eagles wings. Each star points to another star showing us the tips of the wings. A triangular shape makes up the eagles body and two stars downward from the tip of the triangle make the eagles tail feathers.
Inside the Summer Triangle are two more constellations, Sagitta "The Arrow" and Vulpecula "The Fox." To the west of Aquila is a group of bright stars that form a backward "C". A closer look shows that the upper portion of the "C" makes a small diamond shape, this forms the head of Delphinus "The Dolphin" (Flipper if you prefer).

Romanian astronomer Oswald Thomas (1882-1963) described Vega, Altair and Deneb as "Grosses Dreieck" (Great Triangle) in the late 1920s and "Sommerliches Dreieck" (Summerly Triangle) in 1934.

http://www.neuliep.com/stellar-myth...u-triangle.html
The Summer Triangle is a marker that helped the ancients identify the time of the year. These constellations are only some the summer constellations. The Summer Triangle contain some of the brightest stars in this section of sky. Vega, in Lyra, is the fifth brightest star in the night sky. Altair, in Aquila, is the eleventh brightest star. Deneb, of Cygnus, is the twentieth brightest star in the heavens. The Arabs used to say that summer came in on the wings of birds. At that time, all three constellations were pictured as birds, a swan, vulture and an eagle.

Im sure there are many more - but I found this very interesting. It has given me a 'heightened perspective' indeed!

Many Blessings
Elven x

MCsea

Thanks Elven,

thats a fantastic summary of this symbol,

Ill add briefly that its also an alchemical symbol - well a combination of symbols.. I have a slipped disk in my back so I cant sit for long, but when I HEAL I will get back here

MARINA

MCsea

Part of Body: The eyes, left and right FROM SOLARFIRE

MCsea

So today while having some osteopathy treatment I 'saw' this symbol to me it looked like one of those golden yoga masters who can hover.. yea and then it looked like the flag pole at parliament house in canberra, I guess it was the floating and triangles :)

Elven

Karmic Symbol for Aries 5:
Aries 4 - Two lovers strolling through a seclided walk.

Quest Symbol for Aries 5:
Aries 6 - A square brightly lighted on one side.

The Opposite Symbol for Aries 5 is:
Libra 5 - A man teaching the true inner knowledge of the new world to his students.

Symbols in tension with Aries 5:
Cancer 5 - At a railroad crossing, an automobile is wrecked by a train.

Libra 5 - A man teaching the true inner knowledge of the new world to his students.

Capricorn 5 - Indians - some rowing a canoe while others dance a war dance.

Sabian Symbols 72 degrees apart from Aries 5: (the Five Pointed Star)

Gemini 17 - The head of a robust youth changes into that of a mature thinker.

Leo 29 - A mermaid has climbed to the rocky shore of a bleak coast, she awaits the prince who will bring her mortality.

Scorpio 11 - A drowning man is being rescued.

Capricorn 23 - A soldier recieving two awards for bravery in combat.

MCsea

Element Herkimer Diamond
Discussion: These gems are actually a form of double terminated quartz crystals. The Herkimer Diamond or ‘stone of attunement’, it is associated with the crown chakra. This stone can move the brain into a deep stillness, opening the crown chakra for a strong clear meditation, astral travelling or channelling, ‘higher’ realms. Also aids in past life memory recall.
I see the Spirit, Energy and physical appearance of this element reflected in the symbol, indeed when I meditate on the Herkimer Diamond I see it has wings..

purple_scorp

I thought it would be good to use the Orphalese software to record my daily sabian symbol readings and so set about looking for appropriate images to convey the meaning of each card.

Attached is what I came up with for this symbol.

with love
purple_scorp

Attachments

• 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,131

huredriel

Musings on the title :)

Sun Sign: ARIES
Degree: 5
Number: 5

Symbol: A WHITE TRIANGLE IS SEEN; IT HAS GOLDEN WINGS

Aries, fire ....... Hierophant ...... peace, help ....... and with the title ....... silence and peace again ...... the triangle perhaps of religion ....... e.g. Father, Son and Holy Spirit ...... or aspects of the person ....... mind, body and spirit ....... white of purity ....... golden wings again makes me think of something *higher* ...... something that could either perhaps lift us up to another plane or communicate to us from that dimension. Feels to be a *gentle* sign. Indicative of angels perhaps, or guides ....... maybe masculine given that it's Aries.

Given that the triangle is *seen* ....... perhaps a *sign* given to us to help us on our path ....... like on a map?

Also fire and earth ....... earth supports the fire ..... so groundedness perhaps ...... a need to be connected to the earth/root chakra so as to open up the higher third eye and crown chakras to the universe above?

huredriel

MCsea said:
Part of Body: The eyes, left and right FROM SOLARFIRE
Just remembered on my Old Path Sun card ....... The Sun has a red triangle right on the third eye chakra.

Spiritual ascension to *see what is, on this earthly plane, unseen*?

Another thought ...... as an aspect of the High Priest/ Hierophant ....... a bridge between the material and spiritual planes.