Magical Forest - 3 of Wands

karen0205

from lwb: opening to the future

I see this card as your ship coming in. You have an opportunity to do something,
or change something. Move ahead, go somewhere new, a new job, new home.
Since the wands have to do with labor, etc. I would relate it more to a new
job or business venture. The 3 wands indicate to me that you won't be alone
in this new venture. The frog is wearing a red cape which suggests to me
that he's strong and forceful and ready to move forward. He's learned and
earned whatever he had to in order to do well in this new opportunity.
Could it be a famlly, wife and child? Since the frogs seem to have to do with
sexuality, maybe a new family?

He needs to be careful not to get too overconfident. The red also shows
that he likes attention. Too much causes problems with character.

Attachments

• Wands - 3.jpg
    Wands - 3.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 880

r0sered1ster

Magical Forest- Three of Wands

This seems like the progression of the Ace and Two of this suit, the idea has come, facts about actions and direction are decided and now I agree, the frog's ships are coming in and projects coming to fruition. He has made sound decisions and been far-sighted and it is paying off.I noticed instead of being above the water and ship (as with the Rider-Waite), he is at what seems to be the same level maybe implying his results are more grounded and practical.

teomat

To me, the image is very similar to the RWS version though with a somewhat different feel.

On a desolate shoreline, a small frog stands with three wands watching a ship sail in across murky waters. There is a strong sense of rescue and of hope, though with a certain amount of mystery and foreboding.

The wands look dead - as if they were once small trees, but then stripped of their branches and leaves and left to die. Perhaps the ship will bring replenishments, or the promise of new growth?

The hint of a brighter horizon suggests a more positive outlook to the lonely frog.

.traveller.

The curve of the sails make me think that the ship is sailing away.

On one hand, this could mean sending your intentions out into the world.

It could also indicate missing the boat.

Maybe the frog has just been dropped off, and he is looking at the ship one last time before he heads off into the unknown. The ship represents the familiar, the known that is passing away.

hshaffery

.traveller. said:
The curve of the sails make me think that the ship is sailing away.

I used to think it was heading out too, but since you can't see the mast I think the ship is still sailing in.Frankly, I frequently go back and forth with whether this is a card of anticipated arrival or a farewell.

.traveller.

I didn't notice the mast, you can see it with the topmost sail but not the bottom, how odd.
For the first time, I saw the three next to the four and something clicked.
In the two, Mr Frog has made the decision, in the three he has acted upon that decision, and the four shows Mr. Frog partying with his froggy friends.
Going with the travel analogy, the Ace is the invitation, the two is the decision to go, the three is the journey, and the four is the arrival.

hshaffery

.traveller. said:
Going with the travel analogy, the Ace is the invitation, the two is the decision to go, the three is the journey, and the four is the arrival.

I noticed that the wands seem to tell a story from card to card in a nice flow, but somehow I never put the travel analogy together. I like it. :)

elinne

This is an excellent explanation of the progression of this suit - thank you so much!

Something that caught my eye is how he is "holding" the one wand. It doesn't really make sense. When I first looked at the card, I thought the wands were in the water, and they were just casting shadows on the land.. but then the frog would not be able to "hold" the shadow. I don't understand why he would be holding the wand at the base like that either.. maybe he is waving to the ship, and his hand is just brushing the wand shadow?

Any ideas on this?

As a side note, I love how his feet are splayed out to the sides all froggy-like