Frankendecken; Instructions & General discussion

Rasa

I adore mermaids, and just looked up the Copenhagen statue.. how lovely!
As a consolation, I could take Frankie to the statue of Iemanja here in Montevideo-- she is a Goddess of the sea; and then we could do a reading on the beach. The statue has legs, but she's sometimes depicted as a mermaid.

I am trying to think of where else I will take Frankie, here in Montevideo...

I might take him to browse the antiques and junk and visit the poor birds in cages, at the Tristan Narvaja streetfair.

Maybe we'll get a picture standing in the gate to the old city, and then go somewhere for masitas (little tiny pastries), or a picada (a lunch where they bring you a whole bunch of small plates of fancy appetizer-type-thingies)-- being careful not to get any food on Frankie himself, of course.

It might be a good opportunity to visit the Buceo cemetary.. I have heard that it's full of interesting old statues, but I've never been there to see.

OctoberGwen

Rasa, that all sounds wonderful to me! I love that we all get to see a glimpse of other places through the eyes of fellow ATers (and Frank, of course.)

It's all so exciting... :party:

Le Fanu

OctoberGwen said:
Rasa, that all sounds wonderful to me! I love that we all get to see a glimpse of other places through the eyes of fellow ATers (and Frank, of course.)
Doesn't it! Other places are always interesting! People shouldn't feel that they have to give amazing, 5-star luxury treatment to Frankie. Just wombling around in someone's bag and going for a coffee is a great thing to do with him! Love the sound of the Iemanjá statue though!

BTW I have been to Montevideo. I thought the city and the people were very elegant. I loved it there!

BlueDragonfly

OctoberGwen said:

It's all so exciting... :party:
Oh Yes, I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's home country/state/town through Frankie's eyes.

If he gets here in time, we'll go on a fall leaf-change color tour, visit the Macinac Bridge, go to Sleeping Bear National Lake Shore. I haven't really decided, yet.

OctoberGwen

BlueDragonfly said:
If he gets here in time, we'll go on a fall leaf-change color tour
Yes, I hope the timing is right for at least a few of us who have spectacular Autumn leaves to share them with Frankie.

Can't wait to see your bag, too! :D

Aulruna

Cat* said:
Maybe Aulruna can do something about European fairy tale characters with all the caves and castles down where she lives?

I'll do my best ... if he gets here in time for the first weekend in June, he will be able to go to a renaissance faire with me, and maybe Bertram the storyteller will pose with him. We might also go to Castle Neuschwanstein (the "White Castle").

nisaba

Aulruna said:
We might also go to Castle Neuschwanstein (the "White Castle").
Er ... <dusts off dodgy German> "New Swan Stone"? I like that better than just Weiss. Sounds gorgeous and very fairy-tale, whichever way. I'd probably get Frankie a slice of white-iced cake and a white coffee at such a place.

I still don't know what I'll do around here. Very recently I've committed to visiting two ATers for different reasons in the next while, and I'd love to take him, but sadly I believe those two visits will be long over by the time the deck makes it to our sunny climes. Never mind - I'm sure I can find twenty or thirty other willing volunteers from my collection!

Oddity

Le Fanu said:
Just wombling around in someone's bag and going for a coffee is a great thing to do with him!
Which is exactly what he's been doing here, so far. I love showing him to people, he's so cute.

Oddity

Sorry about the lack of pictures so far, I've taken some but I can't figure out how to transfer them from my phone to my computer (by bluetooth). It's the first time I try to do this and I absolutely refuse to believe it should be THAT difficult, so it's probably just something super easy tiny thing I've overlooked, but it's driving me nuts that I can't figure it out.

Where did I put the manual again...

I don't understand and I hate not understanding, I feel stupid. :(
Argh!

Frankie's having a good time though, and being well taken care of. Skansen is probably not possible this time due to lack of time, but it seems that we might maybe be able to go to Old Uppsala instead after all. I hope. That would be cool.

OctoberGwen

I'm sure he is having a great time, Oddity.

Someone here can surely help you with uploading the photos, don't worry!