Eileen Croutch (2000)
Bella Lori Gagnon (2000)
Stella Bennett (2002)
Arielle Smith (2002)
Sandra Thomson (2002)
Kathleen Meadows (2003)
Valerie Sim (2003)
Lynn Lueding (2004)

And putting all the jokes aside...I am sure these folks worked hard on their certificates...as a matter of fact, I know they did...the lady at the bottom, Lynne Lueding, is my tarot mentor...she is very genrous with her time, experience and knowledge and has been a blessing to me beyond measure.

Sophie

baba-prague said:
Now personally, I would pay good money to see that. Ever thought of going into show-business Helvetica?
I have, many times! I wonder what's holding me back? Not many tigers around here, of course. I would love to be a Grandmistress.

Now Grandmistress is a word that conjures up dungeons, leather, whips - and maybe a begging Aleister Crowley on his knees. Down, boy, down I say!

Gayla

sweet_intuition said:
It reminded me of Tim Curry in the Rocky Horror Picture Show, in the song Sweet Transvestite

Oh yes....:D Could you imagine what a reading with him would be like?

Attachments

• rh.jpg
    rh.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 154
  • rockyhorror.jpg
    rockyhorror.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 117

sweet_intuition

Gayla said:
Oh yes....:D Could you imagine what a reading with him would be like?

Probably something like this... "I'm just a sweet grandmastah... from transexual..taro-vaniaaahhh"

Gayla

And imagine what deck he would use...OMG...that is too funny.:~

I gotta go out an look for a Rocky Horror deck right now...I wonder if there is one...

sweet_intuition

Gayla said:
And imagine what deck he would use...OMG...that is too funny.:~

I gotta go out an look for a Rocky Horror deck right now...I wonder if there is one...

If there is one, I deff gotta have it... I absolutely love Rocky Horror

Gayla

Ohhh..I'm being a total bad girl right now, but I bet he would use the Manara deck...

Yes, a rocky horror deck would be soooo cool.

But, we are getting off the subject.

Another extreme example of a grandmaster would be this...(another crowley picture of course)...

Attachments

• crowley 2.jpg
    crowley 2.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 129

dadsnook2000

After looking at the list posted by Fulgour

The list include several names that I know, and those people would certainly qualify as being "trained, professional, knowledgable about the cards and their history, sensitive, and very good at reading cards so as to be likely to help people with questions and concerns." There are a few names that certainly qualify but which are not on that list. There are a few names that seem quite questionable considering the other aspects of their public lives that we know of.

But, if I was to seek a reading from someone with that title I know I'd expect the level of reading and advice I'd get from Mary Greer or Rachel Pollack. They would most certainly be worthy and representative of the title. Dave

Gayla

dadsnook2000 said:
But, if I was to seek a reading from someone with that title I know I'd expect the level of reading and advice I'd get from Mary Greer or Rachel Pollack. They would most certainly be worthy and representative of the title. Dave

I agree Dave...if I was getting a reading from a 'grandmaster' I would surely be expecting something very 'profound'...but the title 'tarot grandmaster' doesn't have the word 'psychic' or 'prophet' before of after it...so one would have to remember these folks are just tarot loving folks just like us who have chosen to seek some formal education in their tarot study.

A reading with Mary Greer or Rachel Pollack would be a dream come true....but it would probably end up being more of a teacher - student experience for me...because I look up to them so. ;)

Lillie

Gayla said:
Another extreme example of a grandmaster would be this...(another crowley picture of course)...

But what is that on his head?
does he keep the deck in there?

And he looked so lovely in the first pic...
See? being a tarot Grandmaster makes you get old and ugly and wear silly things on your head.

Now, personally, I have a certificate to show that I am the Arch Mistress of the Order of the Tarot Penitents of Lyonesse.

If anyone else wants to be something like that, I can do you a certificate too.