KNIGHT SWORDS crazy cute horse with his tiny heart

ArcanoMáximo

I already said in this
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=45946
previous thread why for me the Knight of Swords is clearly connected with the Knight of Cups, perhaps they are the same.

I also understand why the presence of "birds" and "butterflies" in his armor since they are "air animals".

But,
why does his horse carry a small heart in its reins, next to left ear?
coquettishness?
to confirm the relation with the cups?
AM*

Attachments

• KnightSwords.jpeg
    KnightSwords.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 607

ArcanoMáximo

there might be some relation between this only 4 cards with the " heart symbol " ?
In The Fool and The Empress i think there is a obvious reason.
In the 3 Swords too,
but in this Knight ?
Hmmm...

Attachments

• 3 SWORDS.jpg
    3 SWORDS.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 351
  • THE FOOL.jpg
    THE FOOL.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 308
  • THE EMPRESS.jpg
    THE EMPRESS.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 307

Sophie

Oooh! On the Original Rider Waite I have, it's more of a blob than a heart - thanks for showing a clearer version!

And I have placed the Knight of Swords next to the Knight of Cups. They could be the same - or twins, maybe? (soul twins?). But I see that the nostril of the Knight of Cups' horse is - another red blob that looks suspiciously like a heart! He breathes love...

OK, I have to get used to this idea. But I'll try it for size: how about - the Knight of Swords, having vanquished many an enemy with his courage and bravery, and being pure of spirit, finds the Grail. At that point - ta-rah! he is transformed into the Knight of Cups, who holds the Grail: Percival returning. The Knight of Swords has transformed (butterlies = transformation) - love, courage and pure intent have changed him into the gentil knight we see in the Knight of Cups card...although he keeps some memory of his arial adventures: the wings on his heels, that used to be cruel spurs. They are the wings of Perseus - so Perceval and Perseus are perhaps one?

ArcanoMáximo

Helvetica said:
He breathes love...
What a beatiful image!

Very eloquent what you are saying !!!
The butterflies link let me struck.
How many times the stuffs are there saying it all and, at least me,
can't see them at all!
The magic of Tarot and the sharing and discussing with all of you!!!

I was ever thinking that was the "Original" deck one,
from the Joan Bunning's site, LOL!!!!
Where i can see the original draws Helvetica?
Do you know some place on line?
I really wish to see that Knight,
perhaps you can add some scanned one?

And what about if it is also in reverse with what you say,
i mean, the Knight of Cups has felt the refusal as swords crossing his heart, and without the equilibrium that would transform it into a King, is thrown attack, in revenge, or like an only way that knows of responding...
???
After all, many people seem be agresive and dangerous, when what they really are is very sensitive being, covering their vulnerability with this cold armor for not to be damaged any more...

"There is a little insanity in the Love,
but also there is a little Love in the Insanity..."

ruchikari

Ok I know am at least 7 years late!!

Have read a lot of places knight of sword is emotionless and he has to be because he's charging into the battle. He has to control his emotions.

I haven't really believed in the concept. Have always found the guy to be passionate.

Heart on the Horse reminds me of the idiom "wear one's heart on one's sleeve". especially if one looks at the positioning of the heart

Richard

According to Book T, the Knight of Swords is ruler of the Sylphs and Sylphides. These are Air Elementals, sometines represented as diminuitive humanoid forms with butterfly wings. Not wanting any whimsical association with Victorian Fairies, air elementals are represented in the card by Butterflies and Birds. Also, this Knight rules the last Decan of Taurus. The Ruling Planet of Taurus is Venus, which may account for the heart. (The heart also appears in The Empress, enclosing the Venus sign). Moreover, the Knight rules the first two Decans of Gemini, sharing Gemini with the Queen of Cups, who rules its last Decan (another connection with Cups). The ruling planet of Gemini is Mercury, which is androgynous. As Fire of Air, the Knight can be fierce, like an electrical storm, as well as loving (Taurus/Venus). Such contrasting traits are natural to his Gemini/Mercury disposition.

Richard

......And I have placed the Knight of Swords next to the Knight of Cups. They could be the same - or twins, maybe? (soul twins?). But I see that the nostril of the Knight of Cups' horse is - another red blob that looks suspiciously like a heart! He breathes love......
Interesting idea. Both Knights are twins, the Knight of Swords being Gemini (the twins), and the Knight of Cups being Pisces (twin fish). Also they share the element of Air (the Knight of Cups ruling the last Decan of Aquarius, and the Knight of Swords ruling two Decans of Gemini, Aquarius and Gemini both being air signs).

ETA. Percival is both the Knight of Swords (invincible in battle) and the Kinght of Cups (the Grail King, his hereditary destiny).