Sun and Moon Tarot

violetdaisy

I've actually had the deck for quite a few years. I make a point to rotate my decks that I use to stay familiar with them all if I'm not reading regularly. The kinds of questions I like having answered with this deck are ones where facial expressions might be misleading. And some questions are somewhat abstract. A year ago? I think I asked "How can I stop being 10 of Swords?" Pretty sure I actually drew 10 of swords reversed with this deck as one of the cards lol! That card had been following me no matter what the deck.

It takes me longer to read with the deck but the answers I get from it are insightful. I'm not sure if it takes longer to read because it's less familiar to me or takes more thought for me.

BeyondtheVeil

Tobe

I got it, but can't really read it in the "intuition level"
I can read it by the meanings and make sense with it.
Some cards are really lacking the emotions and actions that help me with reading.
Colors and artwork are cute and great, but I just feel like these cards carry less weight in meanings and lessons when compare to others like original RWS, or Thoth, just can't really connect.
It's a great deck to have in your collection, but depends on your feeling in the end.

Trade it off with my friend for the New Vision Tarot deck.

Thank you very much for sharing your experience, Tobe! I'm sorry that you didn't find the deck one that you could read with. I hate when I buy a deck and find out that I just don't 'mesh" with it well.

I also appreciate how you described the deck and how, to you, that it doesn't seem to be as great at readings as others. I think it helps others to get a sense of what people feel/think about decks and what they do/don't add to readings for each person.

Thanks again love! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

aquestionmark

The creator of the deck is working an a graphic version of the deck. They have pictures of it on instagram. Their username is @decortness.. I quite like the stripped down version so far!

Thank you aquestionmark! I appreciate the link! I got to see a lot of the cards and I like them. :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Page of Ghosts and Nisaba

I have this deck but haven't worked very much with it unfortunately! The cardstock is of the kind I personally think is nice and thick that I still can riffle shuffle with a little effort, but bear in mind that I'm not super picky on my cardstock. It's comparable to other decks in my collection from US Game Systems, like The Original Rider Waite, Dreaming Way, Halloween Tarot.

I did do a 6-card interview spread with it, but I think I might want to do another since I didn't shuffle it too well and there were a lot of pentacles, several courts if I'm not mistaken. But I have used it a little bit and the cards I pulled has made me think about things, so maybe it's not that bad with introspective readings?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with this deck. I was also looking at Dreaming Way and Halloween Tarot. I have seen both before, but just recently started liking other type of art Tarot Decks. The Halloween Tarot would definitely be fun for Halloween/Fall.

I don't usually care about cardstock either, but I have noticed on three recent decks[ 2 LoS} that I just purchased.. they are extremely thin. I'm worried about how long they will hold up and even if I should read with them. I had thought about laminating them, but not sure.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with the deck! :) I hope that you will update after you have had this deck and read with it for awhile.

It's about poker-card size.

That isn't too bad. It doesn't sound as small as I thought which is a good thing! {bad eyes} lol

Thanks love! :heart:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

Citrin

I've worked with it on and off for about two years I think. I also find it to be a good workhorse deck! Very varied, fits many questions and situations, and feels all around easy to work with.

I've always found it a bit confusing that it is Thoth based though... I mean, no offence, but is it really? I am not a Thoth girl so to speak, haven't worked with it for 10 years now lol but to me Thoth minors = non-scenic. And the Sun & Moon for sure has scenic minors...?

But for me, big RWS fan, it reads beautifully. It might not have the "mystical" and "deep" vibe of some other decks, but it does have its own unique voice. :)

I thought it looked like it would be a good workhorse deck! At least I was hoping it would be. lol Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the deck. I had wondered about the Thoth inspired deck also. I haven't ever wanted a Thoth deck or even one based on it before, so I found this interestingly draw to those words. I like scenic minors, so I am so relieved to know that these do in fact have those. lol I am also relieved to see that you are a RWS themed deck fan as am I. :D

What type of readings do you find come easiest when reading with this deck? Do you do any intuition readings with it? Or just the book meanings?

Thank you again love for responding! I so appreciate it! :heart:

Thank you for showing this!! :) Wow! I love it!

Yes.. it was awesome, right? :thumbsup:

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

BeyondtheVeil

violetdaisy

I've actually had the deck for quite a few years. I make a point to rotate my decks that I use to stay familiar with them all if I'm not reading regularly. The kinds of questions I like having answered with this deck are ones where facial expressions might be misleading. And some questions are somewhat abstract. A year ago? I think I asked "How can I stop being 10 of Swords?" Pretty sure I actually drew 10 of swords reversed with this deck as one of the cards lol! That card had been following me no matter what the deck.

It takes me longer to read with the deck but the answers I get from it are insightful. I'm not sure if it takes longer to read because it's less familiar to me or takes more thought for me.

I like rotating my decks also. I don't like keeping Tarot Decks or Oracles that I don't read with.

I understand what you mean about taking longer. I have two decks that I read with that I find I do the same thing. I'm not sure either if they are just less familiar or they have so much to say that I need more time. lol

Thank you for sharing your experience with this deck! I am not sure why I am so drawn to the decks that I have purchased lately, but truly feel it. lol

I decided to go ahead and order the deck. If I don't like it I can always trade or sell it here, right?

Hugs,
BeyondtheVeil

page of ghosts

I don't usually care about cardstock either, but I have noticed on three recent decks[ 2 LoS} that I just purchased.. they are extremely thin. I'm worried about how long they will hold up and even if I should read with them. I had thought about laminating them, but not sure.

Oh, I have 1 LoS deck that is one my thinner decks (magical forest), but the Sun & Moon is not as thin as that. Putting them next to each other I think the Sun & Moon might 0.5 cm or a little more taller so the cardstock is definetely thicker. The cards are flexible but not off-putting to me. I have the regular size deck though, but hopefully the tinned version is similar or the same if you decided to get that one.

BeyondtheVeil

Page of Ghosts

Oh, I have 1 LoS deck that is one my thinner decks (magical forest), but the Sun & Moon is not as thin as that. Putting them next to each other I think the Sun & Moon might 0.5 cm or a little more taller so the cardstock is definitely thicker. The cards are flexible but not off-putting to me. I have the regular size deck though, but hopefully the tinned version is similar or the same if you decided to get that one.

Thanks Page of Ghosts for sharing that! {{HUGS}} I am getting the regular sized deck. If I can connect with this deck then I plan on also purchasing the one in the tin to carry with me.
I am relieved to know that the Sun and Moon Tarot Deck doesn't have as thin of cardstock as other decks have. I was worried about that.

Thanks again love for all of your help! You are a sweetheart! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

page of ghosts

Thanks Page of Ghosts for sharing that! {{HUGS}} I am getting the regular sized deck. If I can connect with this deck then I plan on also purchasing the one in the tin to carry with me.
I am relieved to know that the Sun and Moon Tarot Deck doesn't have as thin of cardstock as other decks have. I was worried about that.

Thanks again love for all of your help! You are a sweetheart! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil

No problem! I hope you let us know what you think of it as people have so very different opinions on cardstock. One persons trash is another ones favourite. I love to riffle shuffle, the sound is so nice to me, so the Sun & Moon is the thickness where I have a little trouble at first but after a little while I'm able to do it just fine.

BeyondtheVeil

Page of Ghosts

No problem! I hope you let us know what you think of it as people have so very different opinions on cardstock. One persons trash is another ones favourite. I love to riffle shuffle, the sound is so nice to me, so the Sun & Moon is the thickness where I have a little trouble at first but after a little while I'm able to do it just fine.

I used to riffle shuffle everything, but since I don't do reversals {unless they fall out that way} I don't find I need to riffle shuffle. I do think that a deck's cardstock should be as thick in case one wants to always riffle shuffle. I'm starting to worry about the card stock on a lot of the decks that I am getting as I am not sure that it would hold up to that. Or hold up for an extended period of time. The price of tarot decks seem to be increasing, so the card stock shouldn't be as thin or flimsy as some are.

I will definitely let you know how it does for me. I am relieved when you say that it is doing fine as I wouldn't want a 'workhorse deck' that couldn't be used as an everyday 'workhorse" lol

I should get the deck on Friday afternoon sometime. I'm getting excited to try it. I have gotten several other decks that I am taking my time with. I have done some readings with them, but several are still wrapped in their packaging. I like taking my time with each one, so they may be there for awhile. lol I plan to take the Sun and Moon Tarot cards out as soon as they arrive and give them a whirl! :thumbsup: lol

Thanks again love!! {{{{BIG HUGS}}}}

Brightest Blessings! :heart:
BeyondtheVeil