The Fool as advice

jenster

Advice on how to help a situation.

It seems to suggest to actually let go, doesn't it? Not let go as in abandon but let go as in don't try to control anything and live and behave spontaneously?

As advice I would have taken The Fool to mean to stop being afraid and just go with it with a light heart, let the chips fall where they may.

So in this sense its more typical meaning, as advice, to not be afraid seems to mean to give up control too.

What do you think? It still seems to me like it's saying much more and I'm not grasping it.

Rachx

Take a leap of faith into the unknown OR look before you leap perhaps -but depends on other cards and rest of reading and if you read reversals and so on. What did you pick up from the rest of your reading if there was one ?

Sulis

Go for it, don't be afraid, go wherever it takes you and be open to whatever may happen and whatever you may learn. This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Barleywine

The flip side of the innocent, optimistic Fool is the "foolish" (maybe gullible?) one. It could be advice to watch your step.

jenster

Take a leap of faith into the unknown OR look before you leap perhaps -but depends on other cards and rest of reading and if you read reversals and so on. What did you pick up from the rest of your reading if there was one ?

It was just one card. I see your point but I would go with the leap of faith because of the question "what should I do/how should I behave to help the situation". I think if it had come out as a warning to not act like The Fool the question should have been put differently. Like "what should I be careful of to help the situation" etc.

jenster

Go for it, don't be afraid, go wherever it takes you and be open to whatever may happen and whatever you may learn. This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Hah. Thanks. I can't say I've ever had much of a connection with the fool but today, since I drew the card, that youthful vitality makes me smile. It definitely gave me a positive jolt. And something in your choice of words resonates particularly.

I also thought it could be an invitation to treat this situation like you would a new one. Really actually and completely let go and forget all the little bad things that happened.

jenster

The flip side of the innocent, optimistic Fool is the "foolish" (maybe gullible?) one. It could be advice to watch your step.

Hmm- as I said RAchx , though it crossed my mind, I have a hard time accepting it could be a warning of that nature. I think it could be that if it was reversed or if it answered a question about what to be careful of.

almalibrarian01

hi

In a larger more universal or cosmic sense it could also mean that you are at the beginning of what will be a great journey or new phase of your life that will bring much growth and experience your way.

Does that resonate?

Alma

jenster

In a larger more universal or cosmic sense it could also mean that you are at the beginning of what will be a great journey or new phase of your life that will bring much growth and experience your way.

Does that resonate?

Alma

It does but coming up as "advice" I was trying to see it as things I should be doing or an attitude I should have. And I think, in that light, mirroring what you said too it's about having an attitude of "love like you've never been hurt".

almalibrarian01

It does but coming up as "advice" I was trying to see it as things I should be doing or an attitude I should have. And I think, in that light, mirroring what you said too it's about having an attitude of "love like you've never been hurt".

Ah in that case, is this about a relationship?

It wasn't clear in your initial post. If it's about a relationship then I think drawing the Fool could mean try to see the relationship as the start of a new journey, or have faith that this will be a good thing for you. Go into it with an open heart!