Did you dance with the Faeries?

Moonbow

Hi everyone,

Can I join the study group? I've had the Faeries for about 18 months, they were my first deck but I really need to get back into them!

When I got my deck, (being new to oracles, tarot,divination) I followed the book from page 1, not peeping at the meanings of the cards until I got to this bit: 'Singing with Faeries', and 'Dancing with Faeries'. Now, I like to think I have an open mind about most things but, I just couldn't dance with them. Part of me felt very, very stupid. Come on..... own up.... did anyone actually dance with them....... Or was it just me?

Moonbow* :)

skytwig

Faeries understand..... ask them to help you find that place of delight......

Have you ever noticed how children so easily skip down the street, while the adult accompanying them is very staid and 'proper'? If you look closely at the child, you will see faeries all about them.......

Dancing with the Faeries is important.... see how your 'grown upness' has blocked you? You don't have to dance with the Faeries, but if you want to reconnect with your inner magic and reclaim your child eyes, then you will put on an Irish Jig and have a delightful swing with the Faeries.......... :D

sagitarian

I did, but then again, I love to dance. I didn't feel foolish at all, I just danced as I usually do and it was fun to think and feel them with me, some of them dancing with me, others just hangin out. Spirit dancer was definitely dancing with me! Boy is she a great dancer! I just threw on some music that I enjoy dancing to, and just danced. It was fun I thought.

Moonbow

I take it that's a yes then Skytwig?

M*

Moonbow

sagitarian said:
I did, but then again, I love to dance. I didn't feel foolish at all, I just danced as I usually do and it was fun to think and feel them with me, some of them dancing with me, others just hangin out. Spirit dancer was definitely dancing with me! Boy is she a great dancer! I just threw on some music that I enjoy dancing to, and just danced. It was fun I thought.

I still need a bit of encouragement I think. Maybe this is why I haven't seen them yet. I feel they're very close though...

Moonbow*

lark

Moonbow* I danced with mine under my big oak tree in the back yard. Picture this a slightly pudgy middle aged woman in birkinstock sandals, long hair trailing out behind her, twirling around and around under a big old oak tree. Now stop laughing! I'm just glad I live way out in the country.
What did I accomplish by doing this?
Like Skytwig said I reconnected with my inner magic, with the body of that child I used to be. (It's still in there) With that freedom of movement that we forget. And along with that movement comes a sense of release, of breaking away from the every day. Of breaking away from the person others have come to expect you to be. And finding the true you underneath.
If we break down the essense of what the faeries are trying to teach us it's, be true to your true nature, your authentic self.
Dancing with them just starts the prosses.
It breaks down our reserve, as Skytwig said our "grown-upness'
I found it was one of the most important steps to opening up to the faeries messages.
Some of us may not start by twirling under an oak tree, but swaying gently to a snappy tune is a good place to start.

Moonbow

This leads me to think I really do have a split personality. When I'm sat having a drink with the neighbours and all they talk about is the football or the soaps on TV - I am one self. Then when I hear you all talking about dancing round trees with Faeries, and I get the urge to join in - its my other self. Its like I have a conscious and subconcious personality. Well I supposed we all do right?

I still couldn't do it with the kids around though (teenagers!! - I'll never hear the end of it!) I'll pick my moment - it may not be for a while - but when I do I'll tell you all on this forum (if you're interested!!)

Moonbow* :)

skytwig

Yes, and singing and humming calls the faeires to us too....

I find that as I connect to Faerieness, I sing more!!! I laugh more! I play more!

To me Faeries are about DELIGHT, which is the very essence of Love, after all...... :D

Yes, moonbow, yes!!!!! :)

Octopus

Although I often dance on my own, I was a little uncomfortable to dance with faeries. So, I didn't yet (still trying to break out of being a "proper adult"). But I saw them dance for me. That was marvelous. I can surely state that Laiste is one of the best dancers!! :)

Alissa

A different way, and one I've tried, and it may feel less "silly" to ease yourself in Moonbow...

Pick out all the cards you think you want to dance with. The ones who look like dancers, perhaps, or whatever ones call to you.

Then, hold just those cards in your hands and begin to page through them, all right side up, as if you were watching an extremely slow-action movie.

Pick up the tempo if you wish and shuffle faster, or spend time staring into one card or another for long intervals.

I chose the Piper to play for us while we danced, so pick musicians if you wish as well.

Remember ... there are no rules. ;)